captain anabolic is offline Junior Member

Very Interesting.....

Ok, we are all aware that if you are looking to shed body fat one way to go about it is to do cardio am on an empty stomach this way the body uses fat stores for energy. Now the question is would not the same hold true if you lifted early in the morning on an empty stomach? I have done this and did not like how I felt, as intense lifting requires more energy than cardio. However I am currently having just a bowl of cereal and find that it is Ii need to get me thru my session after tru out the day Ieat like a horse. I know I have lost bfat and have been still gaining muscle nicely. So, What do you think?

Captain Anabolic

TRE
    TRE is offline Anabolic Member
    Lifting burns fat just as cardio. I notice the same thing its easier to do cardio on an empty stomach where as its easier to weight lift with a half full stomach.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    but if you lift weights on an empty stomach you wont be able to push the max amount of weight around due to low energy/carbs

Jjdigs74 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TRE
    Lifting burns fat just as cardio. I notice the same thing its easier to do cardio on an empty stomach where as its easier to weight lift with a half full stomach.
    i agree totally! I get the shakes if i don;t eat before i work out...

Make the most of your lifting sessions....have plenty of carbs before you lift......

captain anabolic is offline Junior Member
    True guys but i am not saying on a completly empty stomachas with cardio. I am saying just the right amount of food to get you thru while still using fat stores as the primary energy source. For me this is a bowl of cereal. I believe this is the best of both worlds, as now I do not need to do boring cardio.

Cardio just after an AM lifting session will have similar effects to cardio first thing on an empty stomach in the AM. Take in enough simple carbs so that your lifting isn't compromised (the insulin spike may make you groggy, but that's why they invented ECA stacks), then after your lifting, the primary energy source during cardio will again be mainly fat stores.

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    I tried doing legs heavy on an empty stomach first thing in the morning... I ran to the bathroom and had dry heaves, which i have once in a while anyway... only that day I was certain i was gonna yak... Good thing i held it down though, I'd just rather do the cardio

Illusion of size is offline Junior Member
    I do my Aerobics class at 8 in the morning( go ahead guys laugh) on an empty stomach when my glycogen stores are depleted so I burn fat......
    But there is noway I could lift on an empty or even cereal breakfast. I need two or three meals under my belt to get my blood up to where I can lift hard and heavy. I lift early evening or late afternoon on my days off.

Buddy of mine trains every morning at 6 am and loves so each to his own. I guess your body will always adapt.

Thread Information