Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 33 of 33
  1. #1
    PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,942

    steroids omit a certain smell out of the body?

    Was watching this show on ESPN about steroids . A high school coach said "there is a certain sour smell that steroid users omit when working out." I thought this was kind of interesting. Was curious as to what you all thought. Now that i actually think about it, it could hold some truth.

  2. #2
    bigjsheets's Avatar
    bigjsheets is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    497
    I wouldnt see why. Mabey the coach was a girl and got horny from all the test in the air.

  3. #3
    mark956101957's Avatar
    mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    2,152
    Is the coach going around sniffing eveyone like a dalmation or what? Don't buy it...... lol

  4. #4
    Da Bull's Avatar
    Da Bull is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    X
    Posts
    0
    hmmmmmmmmmm.....I'm not sure about other compounds.But when I sweat on fina,I smell it very faintly.

  5. #5
    Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Miller's Crossing
    Posts
    6,282
    I believe that man to be smelling his own envy

    In all seriousness though, I don't see any reasonable explaination. I smell frickin purty

  6. #6
    palequail's Avatar
    palequail is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The OC aka Tits and Ass!!
    Posts
    1,713
    never noticed it....

  7. #7
    PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    hmmmmmmmmmm.....I'm not sure about other compounds.But when I sweat on fina,I smell it very faintly.
    yes Da Bull fina did come to mind.

  8. #8
    Da Bull's Avatar
    Da Bull is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    X
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    yes Da Bull fina did come to mind.
    Glad I'm not alone.I was beggining to worry for a minute there!!

  9. #9
    PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,942
    He might just have a good nose. For example, I can smell the differences between women. Every woman has their own smell. I can tell just by smell, if a woman has just had sex or wants to have sex. Its wierd but i can do it....seriously.

  10. #10
    CarbonCopy's Avatar
    CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    557
    I don't buy it... I mean how can he smell that? I call BS on him!

    CC

  11. #11
    Beefbody is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    401
    Ive used never could smell my self! workout with guys who use never did smell nothing weird except if someone didnt shower!! I think it is just a scare tactic because I know guys who will snort lines of crack but say OH NO to roids there bad!!!!!!!!!BAD!!!! BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  12. #12
    beefydragon's Avatar
    beefydragon is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Cal-li-for-ni-ahh
    Posts
    762
    well, smokin' a pack of Marlboro a day doesn't help my sense of smell... but so far no complaint from test or deca ... Hmm, San Francisco gyms, probably everyone smells like it anyways...

  13. #13
    Swellin Guest
    I smell a bit different on tren , but it is not overpowering...instead it is rather faint. I probably notice it because I smell that stinking stuff when I inject it...then I notice it when I am sweating really bad.

  14. #14
    gixxer's Avatar
    gixxer is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    465
    Everytime i take naps i seem to get night sweats and there is a certain oder i noticed like on my pillow and sheet,but only then and just when on naps?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    646
    i have been saying it all along, i smell like EQ after every inject and others around me smell it too.

  16. #16
    groverman1's Avatar
    groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Motor City
    Posts
    2,548
    My piss smells different when I used vet gear kind of like a cows ballz.

  17. #17
    Da Bull's Avatar
    Da Bull is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    X
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by groverman1
    My piss smells different when I used vet gear kind of like a cows ballz.
    ...Thanks for sharing!!

  18. #18
    Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by groverman1
    My piss smells different when I used vet gear kind of like a cows ballz.
    Dare I ask.....cows don't have balls...so WTF??????

  19. #19
    Animal Cracker's Avatar
    Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Va Beach
    Posts
    3,658
    I think Fina has a smell.

  20. #20
    Boardrider's Avatar
    Boardrider is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Chaparral Paradise
    Posts
    92
    I think BO is a little stronger when on..

  21. #21
    scottninpo's Avatar
    scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    central nj
    Posts
    1,958
    my best friend swears that i smell different when i'm on tren , i don't notice it, but he says he does

  22. #22
    Swellin Guest
    Your "best friend?"

  23. #23
    scottninpo's Avatar
    scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    central nj
    Posts
    1,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    Your "best friend?"
    yeah, you know, my mom?!

  24. #24
    Soup's Avatar
    Soup is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    414
    maybe he read where steroids aromatize and thought it meant give off an aroma

  25. #25
    Justincase is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    A happy place!
    Posts
    318
    My wife says I smell a bit different......she can smell really well, if I am around a woman
    at work with perfume on in the morning buy the time I get home in the afternoon she can still smell it on me........

  26. #26
    Mart651's Avatar
    Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    chatt
    Posts
    3,142
    My wife swears that I smell different when on tren .

  27. #27
    ripped4fsu's Avatar
    ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,288
    bunch a stinky fukers we is!

  28. #28
    PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,942
    So is it safe to say that it is possible to "smell like steroids " when on?

  29. #29
    BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,502
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    Was watching this show on ESPN about steroids. A high school coach said "there is a certain sour smell that steroid users omit when working out." I thought this was kind of interesting. Was curious as to what you all thought. Now that i actually think about it, it could hold some truth.
    The steroids do not produce the sour smell; metabolized proteins produce it (indirectly). If you ingest an excessive amount of amino acids (or protein) as do most serious steroid users, then the following occurs:

    Proteins are long strings of amino acids. When proteins are metabolized, or broken down, they are converted to their building blocks, namely amino acids. Amino acids are composed of a carboxyl group (COOH), a hydrogen (H) atom, a variable side chain (the distinguishing feature among amino acids), and an amino group (NH2) all attached to what is called an alpha carbon atom.

    When amino acids are metabolized, the amino group comes off yielding ammonia (NH4+). Ammonia is toxic to the body and has two fates, both which pass through the liver. In the liver certain enzymes can use ammonia in the biosynthesis of new amino acids, nucleotides (the backbones of DNA and RNA), and other biological amines (nitrogen containing compounds). The other fate of ammonia is excretion through the conversion of ammonia to urea. Unpleasant as it might seem, one of the major roles of our skin is excretion of urea. Therefore the exercise induced "ammonia smell" is produced partly due to excretion of urea with perspiration. A BACTERIA that resides on the skin and uses an enzyme UREASE breaks down urea (which is excreted in our sweat) into carbon dioxide and ammonia.

    The reaction is: urease + urea + H20 -----> CO2 + 2 NH3

    The smell is produced from this reaction.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 04-13-2004 at 11:07 PM.

  30. #30
    PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    The steroids do not produce the sour smell; metabolized proteins produce it (indirectly). If you ingest an excessive amount of amino acids (or protein) as do most serious steroid users, then the following occurs:

    Proteins are long strings of amino acids. When proteins are metabolized, or broken down, they are converted to their building blocks, namely amino acids. Amino acids are composed of a carboxyl group (COOH), a hydrogen (H) atom, a variable side chain (the distinguishing feature among amino acids), and an amino group (NH2) all attached to what is called an alpha carbon atom.


    When amino acids are metabolized, the amino group comes off yielding ammonia (NH4+). Ammonia is toxic to the body and has two fates, both which pass through the liver. In the liver certain enzymes can use ammonia in the biosynthesis of new amino acids, nucleotides (the backbones of DNA and RNA), and other biological amines (nitrogen containing compounds). The other fate of ammonia is excretion through the conversion of ammonia to urea. Unpleasant as it might seem, one of the major roles of our skin is excretion of urea. Therefore the exercise induced "ammonia smell" is produced partly due to excretion of urea with perspiration. A BACTERIA that resides on the skin and uses an enzyme UREASE breaks down urea (which is excreted in our sweat) into carbon dioxide and ammonia.

    The reaction is: urease urea + H20 -----> CO2 + 2 NH3

    The smell is produced from this reaction.
    **** bro.....as always nice post.

  31. #31
    panabolic's Avatar
    panabolic is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    in the jungle
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by groverman1
    My piss smells different when I used vet gear kind of like a cows ballz.
    LOL that's funny **** bro although how would you know what cows balls smelt like??

  32. #32
    Da Bull's Avatar
    Da Bull is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    X
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    The steroids do not produce the sour smell; metabolized proteins produce it (indirectly). If you ingest an excessive amount of amino acids (or protein) as do most serious steroid users, then the following occurs:

    Proteins are long strings of amino acids. When proteins are metabolized, or broken down, they are converted to their building blocks, namely amino acids. Amino acids are composed of a carboxyl group (COOH), a hydrogen (H) atom, a variable side chain (the distinguishing feature among amino acids), and an amino group (NH2) all attached to what is called an alpha carbon atom.

    When amino acids are metabolized, the amino group comes off yielding ammonia (NH4+). Ammonia is toxic to the body and has two fates, both which pass through the liver. In the liver certain enzymes can use ammonia in the biosynthesis of new amino acids, nucleotides (the backbones of DNA and RNA), and other biological amines (nitrogen containing compounds). The other fate of ammonia is excretion through the conversion of ammonia to urea. Unpleasant as it might seem, one of the major roles of our skin is excretion of urea. Therefore the exercise induced "ammonia smell" is produced partly due to excretion of urea with perspiration. A BACTERIA that resides on the skin and uses an enzyme UREASE breaks down urea (which is excreted in our sweat) into carbon dioxide and ammonia.

    The reaction is: urease + urea + H20 -----> CO2 + 2 NH3

    The smell is produced from this reaction.
    THat's a good post.Everyone in this thread distinctly said fina only.No other steroid .Please explain why everyone has singled out this compound.

  33. #33
    marlin444 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    393
    cause you sweat like a mothafuka on tren . when i used to wrestle in highschool i rember wrestling with a couple buddies of mine who juiced. i DEFINATLY smelled a very unique stench on both of them, unlike anyone else on the team. very strange the kids were pretty good with hygene too... strange thing is i didnt notice it before they started. they were using sust 500mg a week and dbols unsure of mg. what im thinking, is a smoker cannot smell if they smell like smoke, as well as a non smoker. your body actually becomes acustemed to the smell it produces, so you do not notice it. this is why the world notices your bad breath, but not you. you cant directly smell it. and if you can, you know tis REALLY bad. thats just my rule of thumb. only brush when i start to smell a stench from my oral cavity. j/k. good post though BASK8KACE. i think its a combo of all things - the juice, type of juice, vitimans in the protein powder, excess protein, and the amount we are pushing ourselves. there are many factors that probibly contribute to a unique steroid users smell. however im sure it doesnt affect everyone.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •