Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ufc

cdogge is offline Associate Member

Ufc

I know there are a lot of ufc fans on here...I am one of them...I'm training to get there someday...However I was wondering how much money Forrest,stephan,diego got for winning the ultimate fighter....I know they said 6 figure contract but I was wondering how much...because there is a big difference between 100,000 and 999,999

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    it's going to be no more than $150,000 in my opinion. and that's for at least 5 fights.
    if u're planning on doing this one day, i would do it just cause u luv it and not the money.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdogge
    I know there are a lot of ufc fans on here...I am one of them...I'm training to get there someday...However I was wondering how much money Forrest,stephan,diego got for winning the ultimate fighter....I know they said 6 figure contract but I was wondering how much...because there is a big difference between 100,000 and 999,999
    in my opinion none of the guys who got contracts have a chance in the real octagon. six figure contract!!!! FOR WHAT!!! i hope they get better fighters (more mature for sure) in future shows

yeah its not for the money...I can find something else to do and make the same amount...(if its around 150,000) however, i love to fight..absolutely love it...Oh and crane...I agree except when it comes to diego...he is a pretty bad dude...but they sure need to get some adults on the show next time...I am going to try to get on the next show...(not the one comming up) because I'm a middleweight...

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by soo2bhuge
    it's going to be no more than $150,000 in my opinion. and that's for at least 5 fights.
    if u're planning on doing this one day, i would do it just cause u luv it and not the money.

yeah i agree with you huge!

yeah he is probably about right....I mean it can't be much more than that can it? i wonder what the guys that have been around make? like chuck and randy

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    well, tito wants $300,000+ royalties for his new contract. that's not gonna happen. randy and chuck get around $100,000 so it's not yet a sport where these guys r making tons of money, but it definitely has the potential.
    i've fought in small shows around where i live and i mostly did it for free, just cause i like it, but i did get approached by a small organization, and the money for a new guy starting out is pretty much nothing. if one wants to do this seriously, they need to find sponsors or use personal money. the expenses that i paid just to get to the shows, is pretty much what i got back, if that much.
    guys who get a chance to fight in the ufc for the first time, make about 10,000/fight. but they probably spent alot more on supplements and training in the upcoming months, so one would have to decide to do this and only this, if they were interested.

deuce-is-loose is offline Associate Member
    What differnt martial arts do you guys know ? I am also a fighter.

Nikolaus777 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soo2bhuge
    well, tito wants $300,000+ royalties for his new contract. that's not gonna happen. randy and chuck get around $100,000 so it's not yet a sport where these guys r making tons of money, but it definitely has the potential.
    i've fought in small shows around where i live and i mostly did it for free, just cause i like it, but i did get approached by a small organization, and the money for a new guy starting out is pretty much nothing. if one wants to do this seriously, they need to find sponsors or use personal money. the expenses that i paid just to get to the shows, is pretty much what i got back, if that much.
    guys who get a chance to fight in the ufc for the first time, make about 10,000/fight. but they probably spent alot more on supplements and training in the upcoming months, so one would have to decide to do this and only this, if they were interested.

Its 10 fights at 10k$ each fight is what I read, but there are winning bonus and raises. Most fighters start out at $2k for there first fight-no sh*t.
    They dont get paid much cause the sport isnt very popular. Ufc has just turned a profit for the first time this year since Zuffa bought it.

If you look at Forrest's record he has fought some big names, but on the show he talked about not having jack squat for $.

To make any real money your have to jump ship and go to K1/HERO or PRIDE.
    Thats where a fighter can get 250k to 300k for a fight. But still you gots to be top dog.

Shamrock got paid the most ever in American for MMA and that was 230K

The last 2 events where to most $ paid to fighters ever

UFC Live on Spike TV Fighter Salaries

-Ken Shamrock: $230,000 ($230,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $0)

-Rich Franklin: $14,000 ($7,000 for fighting; $7,000 win bonus)

-Forrest Griffin: $10,000 ($5,000 for fighting; $5,000 win bonus)

-Diego Sanchez: $10,000 ($5,000 for fighting; $5,000 win bonus)

-Nate Quarry: $10,000 ($5,000 for fighting; $5,000 win bonus)

-Josh Koscheck: $10,000 ($5,000 for fighting; $5,000 win bonus)

-Chris Leben: $10,000 ($5,000 for fighting; $5,000 win bonus)

-Mike Swick: $10,000 ($5,000 for fighting; $5,000 win bonus)

-Sam Hoger: $10,000 ($5,000 for fighting; $5,000 win bonus)

-Alex Karalexis: $10,000 ($5,000 for fighting; $5,000 win bonus)

-Stephan Bonnar: $5,000 ($5,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $5,000)

-Kenny Florian: $5,000 ($5,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $5,000)

-Lodune Sincaid: $5,000 ($5,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $5,000)

-Alex Schoenauer: $5,000 ($5,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $5,000)

-Josh Rafferty: $5,000 ($5,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $5,000)

-Bobby Southworth: $5,000 ($5,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $5,000)

-Chris Sanford: $5,000 ($5,000 ($5,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $5,000)

-Jason Thacker: $5,000 ($5,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $5,000)

Total Fighter Payroll: $364,000

UFC 52 Fighter Salaries

-Randy Couture: $150,000 ($150,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $75,000)

-Chuck Liddell: $140,000 ($70,000 for fighting; $70,000 win bonus)

-Matt Hughes: $110,000 ($55,000 for fighting; $55,000 win bonus)

-Matt Lindland: $20,000 ($10,000 for fighting; $10,000 win bonus)

-Renato "Babalu" Sobral: $20,000 ($10,000 for fighting; $10,000 win bonus)

-Georges St. Pierre: $18,000 ($9,000 for fighting; $9,000 win bonus)

-Frank Trigg: $14,000 ($14,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $14,000)

-Patrick Cote: $10,000 ($10,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $10,000)

-Mike Van Arsdale: $10,000 ($5,000 for fighting; $5,000 win bonus)

-Ivan Salaverry: $8,000 ($4,000 for fighting; $4,000 win bonus)

-Joe Riggs: $4,000 ($4,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $4,000)

-Travis Lutter: $4,000 ($4,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $4,000)

-Joe Doerksen: $4,000 ($2,000 for fighting; $2,000 win bonus)

-Travis Wiuff: $3,000 ($3,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $3,000)

-John Marsh: $2,500 ($2,500 for fighting; win bonus would have been $2,500)

-Jason Miller: $2,000 ($2,000 for fighting; win bonus would have been $2,000)

Total Fighter Payroll: $519,500

Hmmm good info man....You are probably about right...That matt hughes dude is ****ing bad news

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    - GAL -->

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    whatever about them not being able to go "real" octagon people

the fight with Forrest and Stephan was hands down one of the best fights I and Joe Rogan (that dudes funny) have ever seen.

those guys can hang ... and WIN

Forrest and Stephan are tight sh*t anyone that can take 500 punches to the face and still fight will make it far (execpt for CABAGE who needs some T3 from AR-R (maybe we should start a fund raiser?)).

Forrest has only lost 2 fights and they were to huge veterans.

Loss Jeremy Horn KO (Kick) IFC-Global Domination 9/6/2003
    Loss Dan Severn Decision RSF 5-New Blood Conflict 10/27/2001

2 wins in a row and he will be making 20k per fight and up.
    Peolpe want to see those guys because we got a glimpse of their lives unlike every other fighter in the world who is just a name to most.
    So people will pay to see them fight, hopefully UFC will pay them more.

They problem with the UFC guys jumping to PRIDE is they are used to the cage. How many fights have you seen TITO or RANDY pushing someone against the cage and then pounding their faces in? (most of the fights) They cant do that in PRIDE so he would have to adapt and that would probably mean a couple of losses. Everyone that went to PRIDE from UFC ends up on the cutting board. (Coleman got lucky Fujita would have smashed him)

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    Im good friends with diego and he got 5k for show and 5k for the victory. He also got a car and a watch that has diamonds all over it. The contract is for 4 fights at 25k per fight. Diego will be fighting in august. Currently he is training for the abu dhabi in late may.

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    nikolaus, I agree with the ufc to pride thing. I think that pride guys would have a hard time also going back and fourth. The ring forces more of a standup game rather that gnp game.

Billy....thanks for the great info...Tell diego I said he was a bad man....And hopefully I can fight him some day...lol

keithquig is offline Associate Member
    i think shamrock went to WWE bc of the money issue he wanted to make some good money

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Yah Diego is a good fighter, very interesting fighter, i wish em luck.

and of course thats 25k a fight win or lose ? any knockout bonus?

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    The 6 figure contract goes like this.

3 fights in 2 years.

$100k each fight for a win
    $50k for each fight for a loss

They also got paid $200 a week while on the show I believe.

Lost of people had jobs and the $200 a week salary for the time they were on the show is what cut down the tallent pool... from what I have heard.

This is what a friend of mine was offered for season 2.

Heavyweights and welterweights!
    Last edited by phwSSJ; 05-06-2005 at 10:13 PM.

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Its total boolsh1t how little these fighters get paid.
    Boxers get minimum times the prize amount.

It pisses me off!

Glock-19 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    in my opinion none of the guys who got contracts have a chance in the real octagon. six figure contract!!!! FOR WHAT!!! i hope they get better fighters (more mature for sure) in future shows

Diego is the real deal bro. If you dont think so you will see when he fights in UFC. As far as Forest and Bonner, they put on a hell of a show and anybody with that kind of heart and perserverance has a place in UFC. IMO

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    Do anyone know where i can get the downloads for the whole series please ?

Quote Originally Posted by phwSSJ
    The 6 figure contract goes like this.

3 fights in 2 years.

$100k each fight for a win
    $50k for each fight for a loss

They also got paid $200 a week while on the show I believe.

Lost of people had jobs and the $200 a week salary for the time they were on the show is what cut down the tallent pool... from what I have heard.

This is what a friend of mine was offered for season 2.

Heavyweights and welterweights!

Where did you get your info?

those last figures sound a little high, that more than chuck

What if the guy who won the show was a total loser?
    Then we'd be stuck watching him for 2 years?

Maybe slap him in a darkmatch with pedro rizzo or tre tilligman for $100k each--ha ha--

UfC doesnt guarantee that much any more since they lost their asses on tank, tre, and pedro

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Where did you get your info?
    I just started training with this camp. They got a guy in the UFc and a guy in pride.
    One of the guys was asked to compete for the heavyweight contract. That is what Dana offered him. He was in Vegas and he already knows Dana. When he was there Dana asked him.

So that is what he told me.
    I would have done it but I am still not fully recovered and not in shape for tryouts.

They are looking for people as we speak!

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    dirgo's a middleweight so he will be fighting guys like matt hughes, robbie lawler, evan tanner, pete sell & rich franklin. i dont think so. i dont see him beating dave terrell or phil barroni. but its pretty good money just to try i guess

Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    dirgo's a middleweight so he will be fighting guys like matt hughes, robbie lawler, evan tanner, pete sell & rich franklin. i dont think so. i dont see him beating dave terrell or phil barroni. but its pretty good money just to try i guess
    I agree

Give him 2 squash matches and let him win
    Then feed him to the dogs and see what happens

I just started training with this camp. They got a guy in the UFc and a guy in pride.
    One of the guys was asked to compete for the heavyweight contract. That is what Dana offered him. He was in Vegas and he already knows Dana. When he was there Dana asked him.

So that is what he told me.
    I would have done it but I am still not fully recovered and not in shape for tryouts.

They are looking for people as we speak!

So your saying the UFC is handing out 100k$ contracts to new heavy weights? Thats more than Tim Silvia made when he had the belt

Glock-19 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaus777
    So your saying the UFC is handing out 100k$ contracts to new heavy weights? Thats more than Tim Silvia made when he had the belt
    Im gonna quit my day job and start training full time.

mr keef is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Box This*
    Do anyone know where i can get the downloads for the whole series please ?
    yea anyone know?

sorry bro, I don't know..I assume you have checked the website...also the show kicked ass

phwSSJ is offline Banned

Ya thats what I am saying.
    My guess is that they want to get the best tallent they can. Cuz the spike show is very important for growth in the UFC, and beleive me... As far as MMA goes..there is a lot of untapped tallent.

But $100k is the word.
    More incentive to win so there is more incentive to make the show look good and make people want to see those fighters win later on.

also.. I think after a few seasons of TUF all the fighters might be getting paid more.
    Last edited by phwSSJ; 05-09-2005 at 11:41 AM.

Ya thats what I am saying.
    My guess is that they want to get the best tallent they can. Cuz the spike show is very important for growth in the UFC, and beleive me... As far as MMA goes..there is a lot of untapped tallent.

But $100k is the word.
    More incentive to win so there is more incentive to make the show look good and make people want to see those fighters win later on.

also.. I think after a few seasons of TUF all the fighters might be getting paid more.
    I agree

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    I agree

THanks,

.................and if the rest of you dont beleive me just check mmaweekly,

I think it is better than sherdog as far as legit info!

Naw , thats a bunch of BS
    UFC doesnt have that kinda money to throw around

Look at those salaries I posted-those are real paychecks not guesses

Some newcomer from KOTC or WEC isnt going to get a paid more than CHUCK It wouldnt make any sense whatsoever

They might raise the bar, but RICH FRANKLIN got paid 14k$ to fight and he is the companies only rising star-so why would they pay a no name fighter who is just gonna get squashed $100k??

Fighters just dont put in a resume and then get hired by the UFC
    They have to be on top of KOTC or WEC even to get noticed

And they dont sign people without fight expeirence
    KIMBO SLICE and SEAN GANNON are 2 examples

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Naw , thats a bunch of BS
    UFC doesnt have that kinda money to throw around

Look at those salaries I posted-those are real paychecks not guesses

Some newcomer from KOTC or WEC isnt going to get a paid more than CHUCK It wouldnt make any sense whatsoever

They might raise the bar, but RICH FRANKLIN got paid 14k$ to fight and he is the companies only rising star-so why would they pay a no name fighter who is just gonna get squashed $100k??

Fighters just dont put in a resume and then get hired by the UFC
    They have to be on top of KOTC or WEC even to get noticed

And they dont sign people without fight expeirence
    KIMBO SLICE and SEAN GANNON are 2 examples

DO you know Dana???

I dont think you do!

and whoever said anything about just picking any fighter, WEC and KOTC are not the only places they look budy! Where did you get that from?

Subscribe to mmaweekly and you will learn a lot more!

mma weekly is where I got those stats for the pay in that past reply

look in the last months archives

www.mmaweekly.com
    www.wrestlingobserver.com

no one is getting 100k per fight except CHUCK RANDY TITO and SHAMROCK

i do know Frank Mir he used to work the door at a local titty bar in vegas (spearmint rhino) and I do know that he is the heavy weight champ (kinda) and that he doesnt make 100k per fight so why would a no name fighter make that much?

Im not trying to rib you, I just think people need to know that the fighters dont make anything

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    mma weekly is where I got those stats for the pay in that past reply

look in the last months archives

www.mmaweekly.com
    www.wrestlingobserver.com

no one is getting 100k per fight except CHUCK RANDY TITO and SHAMROCK

i do know Frank Mir he used to work the door at a local titty bar in vegas (spearmint rhino) and I do know that he is the heavy weight champ (kinda) and that he doesnt make 100k per fight so why would a no name fighter make that much?

Im not trying to rib you, I just think people need to know that the fighters dont make anything

Well, that is what my buddy told me. And I dont see why he would make it up.

No hard feelings bro.

There is one thing I think we both agree on, and that is us fighters need to get paid more. It is an insult to the heart, pain, blood, sweat and sacrifices we endure to get paid so little.

It boils my blood. But the only thing we can do is do our part to make the sport known and grow!

Well, that is what my buddy told me. And I dont see why he would make it up.

No hard feelings bro.

There is one thing I think we both agree on, and that is us fighters need to get paid more. It is an insult to the heart, pain, blood, sweat and sacrifices we endure to get paid so little.

It boils my blood. But the only thing we can do is do our part to make the sport known and grow!
    true....true

immy is offline Associate Member
    what ever man forrest and bonner are way better than diego imo
    [

QUOTE=Glock-19]Diego is the real deal bro. If you dont think so you will see when he fights in UFC. As far as Forest and Bonner, they put on a hell of a show and anybody with that kind of heart and perserverance has a place in UFC. IMO[/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information