Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member

Is this a good start??

I have a martial arts class in my area that has a plan that u pay 130 for the month, and u can take unlimited classes at their school. They teach muay tai, submission grappling, juijutsui, n JDK, they have 1 or 2 classs a day(each month has their own schedule) n its all basic shit, begginer stuff. My only backround is wrestling, n really wanna start training for MMA, but im figuring this is a great start. Im buying a heavy bag so i can practice on, n will prob buy an instructional MMA n boxing dvd n start that, ne one have ne suggestions on what else i can do to really improve my skills the fastest, i weight train monday/wed/fri, take a class or 2 every night n practice all the hsit at home?? also i do cardio alot

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    $130 wich id around £80 in my money sounds pretty expensive to me unless you are out of work or school and have time to take both classes daily and also with the wieght training'cardio and wrestling would be alot to take on unless you were to do it full time but then you would grow out of the begginer class and want to move on to somthing more mature..but good luck any how hope you decide what you want to do.

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    The MMA School that is near my house charges 100$ per month for unlimited Muay Thai, Jeet Kun do, Shootwrestling, boxing and MMA training.

ne one know a good school in jersey??? yannick damm that sounds like a sick place

I know fight factory is sick but its 2 hours away from me, ne one know a good place in north jersey?

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    The price is not to bad. It just depends on a lot of things.

WHo is the main instructor there? (if you dont mind saying)

You dont have to spend money on tapes and dvd's just yet.
    I would wait.

Just train all the drills you learn in class - before class and at home. That is more than enough. And train your abs hard as well.

Everything else sounds good.

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel
    I know fight factory is sick but its 2 hours away from me, ne one know a good place in north jersey?
    mmaweekly or sherdog can help you find some good info on schools.

Also just look in the yellow pages and go check them out. Most of the time the first class is free.

Thread Information