WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member

UFC versus Pride heavy weight vid.

http://www.youtube.com/w/The-UFC%27s...20%2B%20liddel

I love the ending, I laughed out loud, no joke.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    funny video, they show A.A young and against Rizzo before he lost all his ability. They show Fedor checking Mirko's kick hmmm AA was young and no one says AA is on Fedors level cause he isn't. Then they show Rizzo against a prime Sergie. Funny vid but very baised.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    You cannot compare real MMA fight fans and the ones that love talent and the art will always choose Pride.

I do have a soft spot for UFC but Pride will always be the best in MMA period.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    funny video, they show A.A young and against Rizzo before he lost all his ability. They show Fedor checking Mirko's kick hmmm AA was young and no one says AA is on Fedors level cause he isn't. Then they show Rizzo against a prime Sergie. Funny vid but very baised.

That was the whole point.

Wordsworth is offline New Member
    The talent in Pride is just so much better than UFC. I'm starting to see the UFC management set up their main fighters and TUF fighters against poor opposition to blow them up to the public and once they fight good opponents they get beat. Look what happened to Lidell when he joined the Pride Middleweight Tourney

sonar1234 is offline Banned

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Wordsworth
    The talent in Pride is just so much better than UFC. I'm starting to see the UFC management set up their main fighters and TUF fighters against poor opposition to blow them up to the public and once they fight good opponents they get beat. Look what happened to Lidell when he joined the Pride Middleweight Tourney
    Thats a damn rematch i would love to see Overeem against Liddell 2

Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    Thats a damn rematch i would love to see Overeem against Liddell 2

Why Overeem did nothing but gas in his fight with Shogun...if he fights lidell he's not gonna come in the same shape as when he fought kharitonov.

I would rather see lidell and wand or rampage or shogun (if he were not injured). I believe Chuck would beat all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    I would rather see lidell and wand or rampage or shogun (if he were not injured). I believe Chuck would beat all of them.

I dont think he would. We can go for a million years why or why not but i dont see him beating all of them. Maybe one.

Wordsworth is offline New Member
    I don't think Chuck would beat Wand, Rampage, or Shogun either although I think they'd be good fights to watch. Maybe Sakuraba?

ehh sak is old and his injuries really hamper him nowadays

jkdpress10 is offline Junior Member
    THE UFC SHOULDN'T EVEN BE COMPARED WITH PRIDE, THATS LIKE COMPARING ARENA FOOTBALL TO NFL. ITS A MATTER OF TASTE I GUESS BUT ALOT OF THE CRAP THAT GOES ON IN THE UFC IS SEVERELY MISLABELED AS MMA......MMA SLOPPY F#@KERS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF HUGES, COUTURE, LIDDELL(SOMETIMES). PRIDE IS DEF WHERE ITS AT. AND THATS JUST IT WHY THE HELL IS IT ALL ABOUT BJJ AT THE UFC AS IF THERE WEREN'T ANY OTHER ARTS OF VALID EXISTENCE IN THE WORLD THEY MAKE BJJ LOOK F#ING LAME NO DISRESCPECT BUT MMA IS BIGGER THAN JUST GRAPPLING ALL THE SLEEPY ASS TIME!
    Last edited by jkdpress10; 03-07-2006 at 01:41 AM.

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkdpress10
    THE UFC SHOULDN'T EVEN BE COMPARED WITH PRIDE, THATS LIKE COMPARING ARENA FOOTBALL TO NFL. ITS A MATTER OF TASTE I GUESS BUT ALOT OF THE CRAP THAT GOES ON IN THE UFC IS SEVERELY MISLABELED AS MMA......MMA SLOPPY F#@KERS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF HUGES, COUTURE, LIDDELL(SOMETIMES). PRIDE IS DEF WHERE ITS AT. AND THATS JUST IT WHY THE HELL IS IT ALL ABOUT BJJ AT THE UFC AS IF THERE WEREN'T ANY OTHER ARTS OF VALID EXISTENCE IN THE WORLD THEY MAKE BJJ LOOK F#ING LAME NO DISRESCPECT BUT MMA IS BIGGER THAN JUST GRAPPLING ALL THE SLEEPY ASS TIME!
    I tend to like Pride better myself, but you do know that there is just about as much grappling in Pride as in UFC if not more. Its part of the sport man.

Red Monster is offline Associate Member
    I've been biased to Pride for quality fighters and matchups, but UFC has actually improved a lot recently.

Thread Information