Someone Slap Stephan Bonnar

I just cannot stand that goofball basicly saying that the only reason Randy won the first fight was because Chuck was not in shape.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Too bad he was right. Chuck was out of shape and unprepared for Randy who was fit, hungry, and had a new set of skills. I never thought Couture was all that to begin with... People fell in love with his image, not his fighting abilities.

In his final fight he went with the wrong gameplan as well. Randy's coach told him to put his fist in Chuck's face but Randy spent the entire match catching Chucks punches with his own face. And did you see how much he bled? That's a sign that old age is making your blood thin... He needs to stop worrying about Chuck's thumb and start worrying about anti-coagulants.

And WHY did he try to standup with Chuck for almost the entire match?! It didn't work for you last time, what makes you think it would work this time, old man?!

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    Too bad he was right. Chuck was out of shape and unprepared for Randy who was fit, hungry, and had a new set of skills. I never thought Couture was all that to begin with... People fell in love with his image, not his fighting abilities.

In his final fight he went with the wrong gameplan as well. Randy's coach told him to put his fist in Chuck's face but Randy spent the entire match catching Chucks punches with his own face. And did you see how much he bled? That's a sign that old age is making your blood thin... He needs to stop worrying about Chuck's thumb and start worrying about anti-coagulants.

And WHY did he try to standup with Chuck for almost the entire match?! It didn't work for you last time, what makes you think it would work this time, old man?!
    Loss Chuck Liddell KO (Punch) UFC 57-Liddell vs Couture 3 2/4/2006 2 1:28
    Win Mike Van Arsdale Submission (Anaconda Choke) UFC 54-Boiling Point 8/20/2005 3 0:52
    Loss Chuck Liddell KO (Punches) UFC 52-Couture vs Liddell 2 4/16/2005 1 2:06
    Win Vitor Belfort TKO (Doctor Stoppage) UFC 49-Unfinished Business 8/21/2004 3 5:00
    Loss Vitor Belfort TKO (Cut) UFC 46-Supernatural 1/31/2004 1 0:49
    Win Tito Ortiz Decision (Unanimous) UFC 44-Undisputed 9/26/2003 5 5:00
    Win Chuck Liddell TKO (Punches) UFC 43-Meltdown 6/6/2003 3 2:39
    Loss Ricco Rodriguez Submission (Strikes) UFC 39-The Warriors Return 9/27/2002 5 3:04
    Loss Josh Barnett TKO (Strikes) UFC 36-Worlds Collide 3/22/2002 2 4:35
    Win Pedro Rizzo TKO (Strikes) UFC 34-High Voltage 11/2/2001 3 1:38
    Win Pedro Rizzo Decision (Unanimous) UFC 31-Locked & Loaded 5/4/2001 5 5:00
    Loss Valentijn Overeem Submission (Guillotine Choke) Rings-King of Kings 2000 Final 2/24/2001 1 0:56
    Win Tsuyoshi Kohsaka Decision (Unanimous) Rings-King of Kings 2000 Final 2/24/2001 2 5:00
    Win Kevin Randleman TKO (Strikes) UFC 28-High Stakes 11/17/2000 3 4:13
    Win Ryushi Yanagisawa Decision (Majority) Rings-King of Kings 2000 Block A 10/9/2000 2 5:00
    Win Jeremy Horn Decision (Unanimous) Rings-King of Kings 2000 Block A 10/9/2000 3 5:00
    Loss Mikhail Illoukhine Submission (Kimura) Rings-Rise 1st 3/20/1999 1 7:43
    Loss Enson Inoue Submission (Armbar) VTJ 1998-Vale Tudo Japan 1998 10/25/1998 1 1:39
    Win Maurice Smith Decision UFC Japan-Ultimate Japan 1 12/21/1997 1 21:00
    Win Vitor Belfort TKO (Strikes) UFC 15-Collision Course 10/17/1997 1 8:16
    Win Steven Graham TKO (Strikes) UFC 13-The Ultimate Force 5/30/1997 1 3:13
    Win Tony Halme Submission (Rear Choke) UFC 13-The Ultimate Force 5/30/1997 1 0:56

Look at this resume, he beat a who's who of MMA. When he beat Chuck and Tito, he was in his prime, perhaps the best 205 pounder in the world.He beat Vitor twice First time when Vitor was considered unstoppable. People fell in love with his fighting and his attitude. You will be hard pressed to find someone with a better resume. He has some bad loses but early on in his career. He lost to Ricco and Barnette becouse of physics he was to small for the new breed of heavyweight. The MMA community has just retired a legend, if you dont believe look at the fact.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    There is no doubt that Randy Couture is an MMA legend, anyone who says otherwise needs some glasses.

I am sure that Randy would have a couple of fights left in is bag.

Bonnar looks like a freaking faggot.

That statement shows how little you know about MMA. Why did he stand up with Chuck? Do you think that he wanted to stand with Chuck? Chuck has a good takedown defense and obviously has great hands...so, Randy cannot just come in and get a takedown...it is not that easy buddy. I really do not want this argument to continue on, becasue after the statement you made (in bold) I can see that you really do not know what you are talking about and it would be very frustrating to try to get you to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    There is no doubt that Randy Couture is an MMA legend, anyone who says otherwise needs some glasses.

I am sure that Randy would have a couple of fights left in is bag.

Bonnar looks like a freaking faggot.
    Smart Man.

I just do not like it when people are disrespectful to one of the most respectful and talented fighters of all time.

That is an amazing observation!

If only Team Quest could have contacted you prior to his last fight. Can you explain to us what you would have done differently. What would you have told Randy....besides not catching Chuck's punches with his face.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    That is an amazing observation!

If only Team Quest could have contacted you prior to his last fight. Can you explain to us what you would have done differently. What would you have told Randy....besides not catching Chuck's punches with his face.
    You Randy nuthuggers make life fun! My post was a joke! Laugh!

You Randy nuthuggers make life fun! My post was a joke! Laugh!
    Well, I guess, since we are making you laugh, you are just more mature than we are. I am a fan of Randy and it does piss me off when people that do not know what they are talking about make dumb and disrespectful remarks.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    Liddel has AMAZING distancing with his punches,

Randy was a legend, "the old man, showing technique over toughness", definetly a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    Liddel has AMAZING distancing with his punches,

Randy was a legend, "the old man, showing technique over toughness", definetly a legend.
    Good point about Lidell.

"...showing technique over toughness." What? Is that a typo?

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    what has bonnar done since tuf anyway? he's a nobody

Thread Information