Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hitman is offline Senior Member
    PHUCK its half time and were 12 down to 21, i said to my mate when i put a $10 bet on the boks " i think they just might win", but you dont like to see it happen.

NZ 23 SA 21 WOO PHUCKIN HOO douggie howlett scored in the last few seconds and we take it out, ye haaaa

Romulus is offline New Member
    Hey Hitman,

Great game !! I feel a couple of hearts stopped there in Christchurch for a few minutes, but your boys pulled it off, the mark of a true champion side when the chips are down.........congrats !!

I did warn you in an earlier post that we had some awesome loose forwards coming to visit.............be rest assured that Ellis Park may be a little tougher

Hopefully the Aussies are taking us a little more seriously now !!

Aaaaah, I feel the natural order returning to the world of union, where there are only two sides that matter in world rugby!!

What price the Aussies for third in the tri-nations?

Justoid is offline Associate Member
    I think the box are now once again a force in world rugby- their captain john smit said after the game that they were not happy with the performance- now thats always a good sign. I thought their defence was awesome and slowly but surely england are slipping down the pecking order

Too right guys what an awesome game, the hairs on neck raised in the last 5 seconds when howlett scored. What about de villiers scoring in like the first 23 seconds, i think that set the whole tone of the game and knocked the kiwis back and gave the boks a HUGE mental advantage. For 10 full minutes and 18!!! plays we finally broke the defence, mate im still buzzing. Yeah Justoid your right about england i think that the universe has finally corrected itself and put the natural order back to the way its suppose to be.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    I play padless football ( tackle) every tuesday night. I love it, there is one guy that I love to cream, He messed with one of my girlfreinds a long time ago. Im on his azz non-stop. He has even tried to leave like a baby with all his freinds telling him not to mind me. ANd make me promise not to hit him anymore. But next game im there all over again. I love it!!!!!!!

Bouncer1982 is offline Associate Member
    All that I can say is I have played Both codes and union doesn't have the same big tackling game as league. don't get me wrong union has its big hits now and then but league is not stop hard hits because as in union you can tackle the man from the line of the ruck so you may only have to fall over and tackle the man but in league once you get back your 10 metres they have a 10 metre run up before they hit (tackle) you. And you are right about the scrums but only for the NRL if you go and play in country competitions it's nothing but head butting and sneaky upper cuts and one all mighty push believe me i know.

I played both codes in NZ. On a 1st division team (Union) as a (you guessed it) hooker in the North Harbour, and I played as Wing/FB in second grade league. Both are fun, and so different that its hard to compare them.

HuskersGTSR is offline New Member

Ruggers

I play rugby for a college team in AZ and LOVE IT, i am a utility back row, from flanker to lok, to 8man (my favorite). i have played between the weights of 190 and 250 depending on cycles nad have found that i like playing at about 225 the most. i have only been playin for 3 years and would love some tips or comments on backrow play.

Played 3 years after I was done with Football........

GREAT SPORT!!!....Great guys that play as well.....Defianately gotta be a MAN......

ChemicalMasterPiece is offline New Member
    Another rugby player here. and if your going to go out and play rugby make sure your cardio is up to par because that will make or break you an a rugby pitch.

Testy123 is offline New Member
    What sort of tips are you after?

I've played at quite a few representative levels (Yorkshire/North England) and semi pro for a couple of years. Not played regularly for about 3 years now - Work has a habit of getting in the way

To give any useful advice I'd need to know what position you play, but even then it's sort of hard to write down....

Oh I play Union BTW

Anyone see the AXA world sevens yesterday? Awesome matches and needless to say New Zealand took it out. I cant believe the yanks got beat by japan, and argentina beat Australia it sure was a strange tournament.

howboutcha? is offline New Member
    Here is a specific question for you guys regarding training for rugby....what is the most efficient way to increase speed and agility? I train alone BTW

BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by howboutcha?
    Here is a specific question for you guys regarding training for rugby....what is the most efficient way to increase speed and agility? I train alone BTW
    Start a thread in Speed and Agility.

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    i play lock here in colorado... my tip... run...alot..

rixyroids is offline Associate Member
    increase agility by stretching nmore often, and a lot.

increase speed by doing short distance sprints, and try to beat previosu times, will also improve balance in a way!
    or you can get a friend to tie an elastic type rope to a belt on ur waist, and u run while he holds u back, will increase speed and power

hope this helps!

hawkeye1877 is offline Associate Member
    any of you guys got teams in the midwest that would be up for some competion PM me? we are gonna be in tulsa in a few weeks.

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    ive played prop, hooker, loosie, center, and now im at wing... all state high school football player, but my love is rugby and having played in the best college league in the US... my advice is run and do sprints, and make sure you got a nice set of balls.

100m champ is offline Member
    Rugby Sucks Its For Little Girls

Kreatine_Kid is offline Junior Member
    and most uneducated post goes to............

On the topic of preference, I much prefer Union to league. I cant stand all the five tackle nonsense.

Union in my oppinion much more of a tatical game, with much more of an exciting edge to it, due to the fact that you have to utilise both forwards, backs and kicker to gain good ground for scores.

I see absolutley no point in scrums in League and the rucks are pointless. You might as well just play tag ball.

Remember this is just my oppinion from an out spoken Welshman where Rugby Union is the national sport

PS Bouncer, did you watch the 6 Nations

cdogge is offline Associate Member
    Rugby is a sport? Why? And who the hell decided that? That guy should be shot

first time checking out this thread in a while! as i said earlier i am a pro player and have just signed a contract to go and play union over in nz so would love to hear from any kiwis esp those in auckland!
    ps anyone want any tips or advice let me know

still gay

'still gay'?

you wouldnt last 2mins punk

noober is offline New Member
    I play rugby union (in college) I think rugby is an amazing sport and im greatful to be a part of it.
    However i recently saw rugby league on tv and i thought it was the most retarted thing i had ever seen. It isn't really rugby, its not what people think of when they hear the word.... its just like very freindly rugby where you try really hard not to hurt eachother and run around like a high school girls soccer team using your hands.

league players are bitches im a lock on a union team and my pack... no even my backs will man-handle any league team.

...btw aussie rules football players are the best athletes in the world.. random but you gotta see this sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Justoid
    'still gay'?

you wouldnt last 2mins punk
    Yeah you are right I wouldn't last two minutes because my ass would hurt too bad for any longer than that..

aminophiliac is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdogge
    Yeah you are right I wouldn't last two minutes because my ass would hurt too bad for any longer than that..
    absolutely clueless. played both ways on the football team in high school and i have to say that rugby is even more physically demanding than that.

Quote Originally Posted by aminophiliac
    absolutely clueless. played both ways on the football team in high school and i have to say that rugby is even more physically demanding than that.
    This will be my last post on the topic..sense I was really just messin around anyway...but there are a lot of athletic gay people...

QuickSilver is offline Banned
    Yep Wales add grand slam 2005 ,Sorry England Cont be best all time ( WALES) YOUR $ss ,

BTW am welsh ,

QuickSilver is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Latimus
    lol...people who didnt make the football team...played rugby..

WTF u on man ,u dont konw game ,USA u need keep to yr bassbull

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickSilver
    WTF u on man ,u dont konw game ,USA u need keep to yr bassbull
    And you need to learn how to spell bud (I am also Welsh)

dave.d is offline New Member
    hey justoid who you playing for? i play to quite a high standard to only 18 though. What things do you take to aid you development cause i have been taking norateen but its a bit rubbish.
    Anytips would be awesome get in touch.

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    Dave I have read that you have played for England and are tested. My advice to you would be to stop taking Norateen now as there have been failed drugs tests with using this!

rugbyprop1 is offline New Member
    Hey guys iv been playing rugby for 5 years now its hella fun! I mostly play prop and second row but i played winger once oh boy lol and question would creatine or however you spell it be good for me to take or is it not good?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information