Galoot67 is offline Junior Member

cycle while playin ball

Im glad they made this forum. Ive always played basketball all my life. Im 6'7 235 25 yrs old. Lately ive been playing a lot. Usually in the fall through out the winter i am in open gyms and leagues. I planed on doing a cycle around November maybe a bit earlier. Now I dont know if i should. If i play 2-3 times a week and also stay dedicated to my workout routine will it be ok?
    I plan on running
    1-13 test E 500mgs wk
    1-12 Eq 500mgs wk
    along with ancillaries
    idex, nolv, clomids
    Will this be ok if playing basketball frequently? Or what could i do? anybody have any experiences with this? My goals are to bulk up. Thanks

Homer 8 is offline Associate Member
    i had a quetion like that aswell i got a pretty good vertical and im starting my cycle soon in 2 weeks or so but i was wondering what will it do for my vertical. as for playing on the cycle ive read that it is not recommended if u are trying to bulk up either one will suffer its up to u what its going to be

cb25 is offline Banned
    My personal opinion is that if you're seriously trying to bulk, you won't get the same gains if you're doing serious high intensity cardio like that. You're diet will have to be on point to make sure you're still getting enough calories in.

That being said, there's no way i'd quit playing ball for that reason. I say go for it, but speaking from a bball point of view, make sure you're shooting a lot so your newfound strength doesn't totally blow your shot!

Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    My personal opinion is that if you're seriously trying to bulk, you won't get the same gains if you're doing serious high intensity cardio like that. You're diet will have to be on point to make sure you're still getting enough calories in.

That being said, there's no way i'd quit playing ball for that reason. I say go for it, but speaking from a bball point of view, make sure you're shooting a lot so your newfound strength doesn't totally blow your shot!
    thats good advice but often after a lifting session i my arms are too tired and my shot dribble and game is off its hard to mix the 2

i think im going to go for it. From thanksgiving to January there is usually a break between open gym and the leagues. Ill start then. Then keep it to two days a week. Ill keep my diet in check. Eat more on my game days. Im sure the Eq will take care of that. I still have alot of time to think about it. Ill keep you posted

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by keithhoman
    thats good advice but often after a lifting session i my arms are too tired and my shot dribble and game is off its hard to mix the 2
    it's incredibly hard to do, i absolutely agree...

but if you force yourself, you'll retain some of the form (at least in my experience) and eventually you'll be able to keep up.

yeah but it depends on how much time u have on ur hands it would take alot of work to keep ur shot on form and the rest of ur skills if u get much bigger it fuc.k everything up

MikeyZ23 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    Awesome advice. When your strength goes up and you don't play for a while, your shot will be soooo off.

I work out at the Ymca. There is a basketball court there so i am able to shoot around when ever im there. Lately ive been working on my shot for roughly 25 minutes after my workout. there is one main court and two short courts going the other way and all the rims are down so its like i have three hoops around me so i can just keep shooting where ever is closest. It's cool cuz it kind of work itself out into a shooting drill in a way.

nwp
    nwp is offline Junior Member
    I love to play bball also, and was playing over summer 4-5 times a week. Whenever I would play i would always feel super flat afterward and feel like I was hindering my progress. I just started a cycle, and sadly I have cut out playing basketball completely. I want to get the most out of this cycle and playing bball for hours each day (it's hard to only play just 1 or 2 games ) just seems like it will hold me back. It's up to you, I'm sure eating a ton more calories on game days will cancel out the effects of intense bball.

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    yeah i dont like to ball while on juice

Thread Information