Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DBflash21 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DwinsChamps
    Pleeeeeeeease let this thread die!
    WORD!!!

FromTheWimbo is offline New Member
    someone needs to close this thread you lost your best there is no div 4. not i am forced to wish death on this thread

Matt77Matt is offline New Member
    First of all there is no such thing as D4 football. Secondly, you cant just tell somebody they cant walk-on to a program. Look at Antonio Gates, Adam Archuleta just to name a few. There are a few walk-ons every year that get drafted by the NFL. Mike Haas from Oregon State is the number 1 reciever in the country and he is a walk-on. I mean not anybody can walk-on no... But I am being recruited alot at the D-1AA D-2 D-3 level, and I plan on attempting to walk-on at West Virginia next year. You can say I wont make it but if words or numbers mattered in football, then there would be no point in having walk-ons, and no point in playing games. Walk-ons arent just for tackling dummies, they have open tryouts for teams to see if there are some "talent" out there that they may have missed. I have good speed, size, and strength, and I am going to walk-on next semester for a D1 school, and I intend to play eventually. I bust my butt everyday in the weightroom, on the track, and I will make sure I go where I want to. Some of you guys are jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt77Matt
    First of all there is no such thing as D4 football. Secondly, you cant just tell somebody they cant walk-on to a program. Look at Antonio Gates, Adam Archuleta just to name a few. There are a few walk-ons every year that get drafted by the NFL. Mike Haas from Oregon State is the number 1 reciever in the country and he is a walk-on. I mean not anybody can walk-on no... But I am being recruited alot at the D-1AA D-2 D-3 level, and I plan on attempting to walk-on at West Virginia next year. You can say I wont make it but if words or numbers mattered in football, then there would be no point in having walk-ons, and no point in playing games. Walk-ons arent just for tackling dummies, they have open tryouts for teams to see if there are some "talent" out there that they may have missed. I have good speed, size, and strength, and I am going to walk-on next semester for a D1 school, and I intend to play eventually. I bust my butt everyday in the weightroom, on the track, and I will make sure I go where I want to. Some of you guys are jerks.
    Wow, nice 1st post kid. Now let me tell you the facts from personal experience. Yes, you are right there are Adam Archuletas, and Antonio Gates, can you name any more? Second. Hass is not the number 1 reciever in the country, in fact hes not even in the top 5, ever heard of a guy named Derrick Hagan out of ASU? third, you are right, numbers don't mean everything, but they mean a lot, you say you have "good size, and strength" mind telling us what that is? height/weight/40/bench reps? and by the way, you will be used as a tackling dummy, at least until you can prove you're a legit D1A player, you will be battered around by scholarship players that wan't to keep their job. I don't care if you think I'm a jerk, I'm telling you reality, and if you think you're a Antonio Gates or Archuleta, prove me wrong and I will look like a jerk, but reality is, it doesn't happen to much, and there probably is a reason you didn't get recruited D1. Oh yea I'd like to hear what your workouts consist of big D1 boy...

Steve80 is offline Associate Member
    1.Yup def no division 4. Atleast yet, there are talks about starting a D4 but nothing def.

2. I am walking onto a D3 team next week. I am 25 havent played in like 10 years, I really hope I dont die. I just know this is my last shot to play, if I dont i will regret it. if i suck I can always quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve80
    1.Yup def no division 4. Atleast yet, there are talks about starting a D4 but nothing def.

2. I am walking onto a D3 team next week. I am 25 havent played in like 10 years, I really hope I dont die. I just know this is my last shot to play, if I dont i will regret it. if i suck I can always quit.
    You'll be ok, D3 is a hair above high school ball.

Steve80 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DBflash21
    You'll be ok, D3 is a hair above high school ball.

Thanks for the encouragment! I sure hope so. For d3 this is a top of the line school. So hopefully all the school we play are really lame and I dominate haha

STAYHUNGRY is offline Associate Member

last thought on this

For those who have no high school or college experience, there are what are called "sports marketing" firms. They take you out to a field, measure your bodyfat, 40 yard dash time, vertical leap, bodyweight, and strength in the weightroom. It's about a grand I think but since you have no resume, these companies build you a profile to send out to schools. Not vouching for this type of product, I just know it exists for athletes.

SH

JJEB2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STAYHUNGRY
    For those who have no high school or college experience, there are what are called "sports marketing" firms. They take you out to a field, measure your bodyfat, 40 yard dash time, vertical leap, bodyweight, and strength in the weightroom. It's about a grand I think but since you have no resume, these companies build you a profile to send out to schools. Not vouching for this type of product, I just know it exists for athletes.

SH
    i actually have heard of these before but never known any1 who has used this before. personally i played at two schools and wasnt highly recruited and was in trouble at both schools. i am currently getting ready for a combine to get myself out there. my numbers are right at/above pro expectations so we will see how i fair. i think they will give a small look into a unknown but it is a slim to none chance but always staying positive and working hard is the attitude.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information