Thread: just wondering.

hotrod1 is offline Associate Member

just wondering.

well just wanted to see what some of you gusy that compete eat the morning before the show and how much time before should you eat before you go on stage......i know some people drink wine and eat stuff but im clueless on what to eat the day of the show before going up on stage?

peace

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I usually have a big breakfast, i will have hashbrowns, egg omelet with cheese, pancakes with syrup...and then sit and let it all suck in...couple chocolate bars 30minutes before pumping up...XXL

Served is offline Associate Member
    I usually do about the same as xxl in the morning. I have a big breakfast very early in the morning (4am). Around every 1-2 hours I'll have some type of snack consisting of sugar, protein(nuts), and things of that nature. Usually around this time until prejudging I'm usually eating junk food. Really works well for me. after prejudge I usually just fat load.

wow.......that sounds good to me lol!!!!! thanx guys

peace

i was also wondering...............there is no drinking involved right (water) if so its just tiny sips right? and whats up with the candy bars? whats the purpose???

peace

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod1
    i was also wondering...............there is no drinking involved right (water) if so its just tiny sips right? and whats up with the candy bars? whats the purpose???

peace
    Yes just sips...candybars have sugar and fat, basicly a continuance of fat/carb load and if there is no water present as you are not drinking you can it all you want...let's be honest who ever got out of shape in 1 day
    No Water = Dry
    XXL

XXL: what is your opinion on fat loading? After doing a little trial and error from previous shows, I started fat loading and really liked it. Just curious bro !

I preffer fat load to carb load, when i carb load i always end up with a tinny bit of water still under my skin...where as if i fat load i usually end up much dryer...i think vascularity is better with fatloading...fullness might be slightly better with carb load but deffinition is slightly blured, so for me fat load is a better choice...XXL

so fat load would be using what foods and how many days out or hours before??? for my first show i used walnuts?

peace

Cut water 18 hours from the prejudging
    start fat load 3-4 hours after cutting water with:
    Steak and frenchfries, cheescake or cherry-cheese danish is a safe combo
    go to sleep
    wake up have breakfast:
    Egg Omlett, hashbrowns, pancakes with syrup
    lay around relax let the food digest...i usually have a couple or few chocolate bars about 1hour before pumping up and going on stage...that's it...XXL

cant wait man ......thanx alot!!!!! Well prejudging at the show im doing is around 9 or 10 i think what time should i eat the breakfast ? And whats a good diuretic to use that isnt really hardcore......i used dyazide for last show, should i stick to that? and if so when and how much should i start taking?

peace

Eat breakfast around 6:00am, dyazide if fine it is actually my diuretic of choice i would use 25mg 1 hour before cutting your water and watch your progress from there, if you feel you need another dose take one more 25mg dose that should be good...good luck...XXL

coo.....thanx alot man! Im 8 weeks out and cant wait till i get on stage

peace

coo.....thanx alot man! Im 8 weeks out and cant wait till i get on stage

peace
    Let us know how you make out...good luck...XXL

i got one more question big mike.......after prejudging i know i should go rest but how many meals should i take in or what should i eat before the night show? i was just wondering cuz i wanna stay vascular, dry and come in full for the evening show. if you can just tell em what works best in between the morning show and night show that would be coo! Also are any more diuretics needed after prejudging?

I would not take any extra diuretic after pre-judging just avoid water, have sips only, i usually go and have 1/2 pizza & some icecream between prejudgin & night show, all the judging is generally done in the morning and if you don't drink water you will not get into any major troubles, so just sip water and enjoy...XXL

ok.........you know how you drop your sodium beofre the show ......wouldnt all the food before going on stage bloat you? or does yourbody just absorb all that?

peace

Well it all depends. I'm going to let xxl comment on that because he can give a better explanation. When you hear of someone carbing up on pizza etc...they aren't eating like that all day. They are eating like this in timed increments. Lets just say every two hours. I try to stay away from sodium rich foods until prejudging, then after that I'll have a really good lunch! lol.. to make a long story short, ...if you know your body you can eat like this during carbing up phase and come in full and dry. The carbs , excess sodium etc.. will be shuttled to the muscles taking any excess sodium and water along with it. Kinda like a sponge. I hope this makes since
    Last edited by Served; 09-17-2004 at 09:33 PM.

ok.........you know how you drop your sodium beofre the show ......wouldnt all the food before going on stage bloat you? or does yourbody just absorb all that?

peace

No.1 you are not drinking water any more and the sh1t/fat load meal is 34- hours after cutting water, there is a reaon for that and that is there will be minimal amount of water to be held by Sodium...No.2 you need sodium present to digest and properly absorbe Carbohydrates, without sodium you will not carb up, period...and No.3 i do not every drop my sodium before the show, i just do not believe it does anything beyond bringing uneccessary stress on the body and confusing the whole issue...i know some have used it in the past with success, but let me tell yo uthis i tried it once and looked so bad come the show that i was embarrassed to go on stage...i did the show anyway and nver did nor will i do sodium loading or cutting...XXL

Ill Try That....no Sodium Depletion Then Right?........just Keep Sodium In But To A Minimum Is The Trick Right?

I never add any sodium to my diet so i just eat my regular diet...XXL

coo tnanx for all the advice mike!

peace

Thread Information