kdtl61 is offline Junior Member

Weigh in 26 plus hours before pre-judging

Here is the deal. Most all NPC shows now have weigh in the night before and on the show morning. Show morning is always a good time for me since I'm at the top of my weight class. Morning I'm at my smallest dur to some drying out the night before.. However the show that I'm doing next has weigh in Friday morning at 9:00 to 11:00. Pre-judging starts the next day at 9 or 10. So, my drying out process will not start till Friday afternoon. Well past weigh in.

#1- I know I need to be down to 176 each morning as I wake going into the show. However we all know show scales tend to vary from event to event. So, to be safe I should be lighter yet. I don't want to pre-dry out. I can not drink or eat till I weigh in and then crank up the water till 5:00pm.
    What are your guys thoughts about this?

#2- I'm assuming I will make it into my weight class. Now I have a full day I can eat and fill out. Mike XXL how would you take advantage of this day?
    Do, I just stay the coarse with my regular diet meals or do I up the calories?
    Saturday morning I plan on having the big starter meal like you have suggest. Then the rest of the day eat my protein, carbs and rice cakes.

Just wondered if eating a surplus of calories on Friday would be helpfull in the end. I plan mon having my big carb days earlier in the week and already being full. Or is Saturdays meal going to do the trick and just stay full from there.

I'm kinda all over the map here. Just wanted to have other competing guys take a look at this. All feed back is welcome.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
    k

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I would stay a course firday night and just eat your regural meal, that eliminates any chance of spill over...on saturday pig out like i have sudgested...i know you'll be fine Bro, you have a great package coming in...so go kick some ass Bro...good luck...and keep us posted...XXL

Thanks Mike. The only detail I have not put to bed is the amount of dyazide to take. I have never used it before. My tabs are 75mg. Way too much was thinking of the following:
    Split tab in half gives me 37.5mg split that in half give me 19mg approx.
    The question is will 19mg of this do anything for me? Or going with 37.5 at 5:00pm then look at myself at 12:00midnight and decide to take say one of the 19mg quarters. Lastly should I consider say at 6 or 8 am taking 9mg to help stay dry the rest of the day. Or will my water restriction be enough?

Your thoughts? Mike your input is always considered very highly to me.

I'm at 179 today and very hard with just water on my glutes. My skin fold test around my waist is only measuring 2mm in most all places. I'm at my all time leaness now with 3 weeks to go.

Thanks,
    kdtl61

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    IF you are already pretty dry you can go with 19mg 1/4 tab and see what happens, if not much take another 19mg 6 hours after, i am sudgesting less time between doses because of the small dose...also deffinitely take 19mg of it in the morning of the show to help you maintain dryness...good luck...XXL

Thanks Mike,
    I know 19mg sounds low. But if I get on the 6 hour schedule it might be just what the doc. ordered. Do you think it would be more of a controled dry out this way. Seems to me it would. In my mind I will not have a any chance of going flat working with such small doses,.

I stay very dry. Only extra water will be at the lower back and glute area. Lower Ab and side areas are tight down now against the muscles. I'm just now trying to keep water up to the 2 gallon mark very hard for me. I get close when I track water all day. This will let me know how dry I am.

Mike thanks for the little resurance of going mild with the dyazide. Knowing what other guys do and how flat some get I just want to stay away from that. Being dry and tight and full is what I want.

My schedule will look like this.
    Friday 9:00 am weigh in
    Keep water in say 1.5 gallon by 6:00pm
    Take first 19mg dyazide at 5:00pm
    Take second 19mg at 12:00 midnight
    Take 3rd 19mg or half of that at 6:00 or 7:00 am.
    See how my classes go at pre-judging.
    Maybe at 1:00pm consider 19mg or half of that again to stay dry till the OVERALL BABY !!.

Any final thoughts Mike?

Thansk,
    Again,
    kdtl61

Thread Information