MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER

Need Your Help...

I have 2 shows coming up they are 2 weeks a part, at first i didn't care for the first show but now i do and i want to do well and place top 3.

My question is HOW do you peak twice in 2 week time frame and can i dial in twice. Can i carb and fat load twice and still look good each time, diuretic advice etc, i have never done 2 shows this close together, any input will be appreciated, so let's hear it.

Thanks...XXL

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    While I don't yet have any contest experience (unfortunately), i brought this up to a friend of mine who has extensive experience and he had two pieces of advice. His first insight was that if you are not extremely experienced in dieting down to a contest shape, it is virtually impossible to know the ins and outs of your particular nuances to hit your peak once, rebound without losing any sharpness but not becoming too smooth, and do it again a short time later. In that instance, he recommends simply using the first contest as a trial run (assuming it's not the more important one to you) as it gives you a real good idea of what EXACTLY you need to fine tune for the second.

Otherwise, if you feel you know your body and its responses well enough, his suggestion (and i've seen him do it with some success) is to bridge the two contests with a 36-48 hour binge period just like any other postworkout diet (ie letting loose and such...he swears by Wendy's) as he claims it is the most efficient way to keep the body from rebelling given the two close peaking times (not to mention his sanity) as well as acting as a sodium loading phase of sorts (which seems to work for him about a week and a half out).

Not sure if any of this helps in the least...but let me say my hat goes off to you for having the guts, perserverance and courage to compete not jsut once, but twice.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Bumpity Bump, someone has to have something here...XXL

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    Mike,

I have competed in two contest a week apart never two. It was a long time ago and if I rememeber correctly this is how I did it.

For the first contest I did a short carb depletion, like two days and then a two and a half day load. as for diuretics I used aldactone the first show starting three days out. Now I was probably not as sharp but was sharp enough to win the overall. After the first show I had that night and the following day of eating sensibly but cheating with pizza and soda two or three times during that time frame. Then monday it was carb depletion again for me. I cant remember if I continued right through with low dosage aldactone or not, but I do remember taking it plus dyazide for the second show, for some reason I think that sunday and monday I continued with it but with only half dosage. I know how hard it is to ultimately peak in that short of a period twice, IMO it is impossible. Your gonna be sharper at one show then you were at the other regardless of what you do. Now I know both are important but pick the "most important" then use your regular scheme. There is no doubt in my mind that if there is a way to be in the best shape of your life 2X in three weeks you will finger it out, opps I me figure it out. Peace Bro and good luck.

Sorry haven't been around been busy

Thread Information