Thread: 3.5 weeks out

sliced is offline New Member

Question 3.5 weeks out

I'm 3 1/2 weeks out form my show and my trainer told me I should drop my Whey Protein. I was taking 60g of protein from whey (Nitro-tech), 5g glutamine and 7 caramel rice cakes postworkout. I have since then dropped the shake and replaced it with 1 1/2 cans of tuna with salsa. I still kept the rice cakes. I would like to know the reson for dropping the postworkout shake, because it was such a treat for me! Also are rice cakes a good postworkout carb?

dangit is offline Member
    I've heard that protein shake tend to make you hold a bit of water. 3 weeks out seems a bit extreme, but it can't hurt to play it safe. I cut mine 4 days out in my last show. Not sure if it made a difference or not.

Tuna has alot of salt in it and it might be just as bad for making you hold water though. Alot of guys I know just buy real fresh fish and grill them on the forman grill.

Not sure on the rice cakes.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I eat rice cakes after my work outs, and the girl i am training for national fitness & figure championships is also eating rice cakes after her training, mind you it's only 2...as for shakes i cut mine out 1 week before the show, so as far as i am concurned i would still have them after training...good luck...XXL

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    I agree with XXL 100%. The shake at this time will be more benefical to your protein intake. I know you personally and I know you have no problem dropping water. Drop that shake the last week. And you might want to cut back on the rice cakes a bit in the next couple of weeks if you find yourself not tightening up. Cut them back to 3-4 cakes post workout.

How are you planning on doing your fat/carb load???

Question 7 rice cakes too much?

This is going to be my second show now, and for some reason I'm a little more nervous. Maybe I've had too much time to think. Last show was in June 02, and I came in 1st in my weight class and second overall. The thing is, now its level 2 and I can't play the mass game with some of these monsters. I'm more into symetry and conditioning. My good buddy "Shredz" was at my last show and was very supportive, actually I was dieting down for a vacation to Mexico that we went on together, but when I got back I even looked better, so 2 weeks later I entered it.
    Back to the question. Is 7 caramel rice cakes too much post workout? (77g carbs)

Carb/Fat load

Hey Shredz, what's new? With regards to carb/fat loading, I actually found a great posting by none other than XXL. I think I'm gonna follow it to a tee. Don't mean to jam my nostrils in his mudwhistle, but that guy is an excellent source of information. Thanks XXL!

He is a good friend of mine and if there was anyone out there that I would refer you to for pre-contest prep he would be the man. But he is my man and you better keep you nose out of his mudwhistle. XXL help my boy out, but don't be cheating on me .

By the way he was at your last show too. There is nothing to be nervous about. You are aleast 10-15lbs heavier this year and at the same time you have keep your great lines (symetry and proportions) With you permission I will post a couple of your contest pics up for the boys of AR.

As of the rice cakes you have my opinion above but I will bump this up to the top to get some other opinions and I will get a couple of good bros to have a look at this thread for yeah.

Good luck with the prep and show..I will be there to support once again.

Re: Carb/Fat load

Originally posted by sliced
    Hey Shredz, what's new? With regards to carb/fat loading, I actually found a great posting by none other than XXL. I think I'm gonna follow it to a tee. Don't mean to jam my nostrils in his mudwhistle, but that guy is an excellent source of information. Thanks XXL!
    Not a problem Bro, anytime...XXL

bump!

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    waitin for the pics brother

Originally posted by FKITLETSGO
    waitin for the pics brother
    here yeah go
    http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...threadid=49267

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    I agree with mike on this, shakes bloat most guys. Solid real food is way to go. Judging by your pics drying out is not a problem. Rice cakes are very High on GI index but again if your close in condition to last time, i would keep eating them. Oats or sweet potato may be better.

Oatmeal /yams postworkout?

Hey guys, I thought I was suposed to have high G.I. carbs after the workout to get that insulin spike? Oatmeal and Yams are low on the index. Those 2 are the only other carbs I eat the rest of the time. Oatmeal in the morning, Yams during the day and rice cakes after the workout. Another question...How long do I carb load for? How many grams/meal/day for a 190 lb guy? Last time I carb loaded on the Thursday and fat loaded on Friday evening (cut water at 6:00), but I think I could have come in a lot fuller. Do you guys really fat load with donuts? That sounds like a dream come true, I would lick a monkey's ass to get at some now!

Hey Bro, if you want i will work with you for your final week, i am sure we can arange something, and yes donuts is where it's at...why do you think you are always fuller the day after...because you already pigged out, anyway if you interested hit me with a PM and we will work something out, you do not live that far away from me so we can even meet...let me know...XXL

Thread Information