cdog is offline Associate Member

Body fat in the off season how high ??

I was wondering when you bulk whats the highst your willing to go on your BF ??

And how long will you diet before your show ??
    Peace CDIZZLE

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    The highest I like to go is around 13% any higher I feel very heavy and become winded easily.

I haven't competed yet but I like to be ripped in the summer...... so I start cutting in March so buy June I'm at my desired bodyfat....... I feel that cutting slowly helps me perserve more muscle.

cdog is offline Associate Member
    I was thinking the same ...I see alot of guys around 25% saying that they are bulking and I just think thats kinda crazy .....CDIZZLE

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Well last year I got up to 20%ish or so, this year i'm keeping around 15%. I start preparing 20 weeks out.

Quote Originally Posted by cdog
    I was thinking the same ...I see alot of guys around 25% saying that they are bulking and I just think thats kinda crazy .....CDIZZLE
    Getting your bodyfat that high is crazy........... How much more muscle can you put on at that bf % then at a lower one.......... I don't think that much plus it just makes it that much harder when it's time to shed the fat.

Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    Well last year I got up to 20%ish or so, this year i'm keeping around 15%. I start preparing 20 weeks out.
    15% would be the highest I would go................... 20 weeks to prepare gives you tons of time to get your bf down and change things if they aren't working the way you want them to be.

Andre Avigdor is offline Associate Member
    I am up to about 15% now and I feel like a blimp... there is no benefit of going about 15% in the 'off season'...

LostUp is offline Associate Member
    See right now I've bulked up to 18%, and I definatly feel too fat but I started off at 14-15% and felt way too skinny to cut or maintain first, even though its likely I should have. Anyway after I diet down starting in the months before summer, and hopefully get down to 10% or so, I should never end up this big again. I would never want to bulk up past 13-14% again.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    my boyfriend usually bulks up to like 13-14% in the off-season.........but he's @ close to 250lbs.....
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Luke530 is offline Junior Member
    I think bodyfat percentage is overrated...

the decision on how much you want to keep bulking is up to you. If you feel like crap, cut down, give your body a break not only from the calories, but from the water and fat... it may help your joints a bit as well (if you gain alot in the off-season).

I would try to stay within 20lbs of contest weight, so that you could peak at around 10-12 weeks.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Depending on your size, but 20-25lbs of contest weight is good goal.

Thread Information