Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1
    Redz122 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    164

    3 hours of cardio everyday?

    Hey i've been thinking about doing AM and PM cardio for 1 hour and 15-30 minutes each session at 55-60% of my max HR. After maybe about 3 weeks of this, will i gain some weight quicker than if i have dieted at a slower pace?

  2. #2
    abstrack's Avatar
    abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,513
    will yu gain weight quicker? your doing a butt load of cardio for what then?

    I'm really at a loss with what you have just said

  3. #3
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Yeah, kindly explain wtf that means, .

    In any event, 3 hours of cardio per day is borderline mental, so don't do that.

    ~SC~

  4. #4
    abstrack's Avatar
    abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,513
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

    In any event, 3 hours of cardio per day is borderline mental, so don't do that.

    ~SC~

    yeah, someone has a OCD...heh

  5. #5
    damiongage's Avatar
    damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pergatory
    Posts
    3,454
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    yeah, someone has a OCD...heh
    I got add...I can barely handle 45 min.

  6. #6
    Spoon's Avatar
    Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South of Heaven
    Posts
    3,710
    too much of a good thing is bad. 3 hours is more than overkill, its ridiculous and can actually hurt your gains.

  7. #7
    Dakota280 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    38
    from my own experience 45 mins in the morn 3-4 days has worked wonders

  8. #8
    Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    yeah, someone has a OCD...heh
    Does that mean outlandish cardio desire?

  9. #9
    abstrack's Avatar
    abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Mu'min
    Does that mean outlandish cardio desire?

    yeah

  10. #10
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    **** 3 hours of cardio.....


    As Swole would say "You must look like as anorexic as a 13 year old basketball player" lol.....

    But in all seriousness.... I can barely take 45-60 minutes of cardio; 3 hours would not only be mentally draining but you would probably lose a lot of lean mass while doing that much. I am sure that after an hour and half or two hours of cardio even at target heart rate you could possibly start using muscle glycogen, but that is another question I would leave for Swole. But honestly.... just stick to a good clean diet with moderate cardio (40-60 minutes on empty in the am) and you will love the results and keep your lean mass while doing it.


    Mike

  11. #11
    TRIBOL's Avatar
    TRIBOL is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N.Y.C
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by damiongage
    I got add...I can barely handle 45 min.
    I second that.

    TrIBOL

  12. #12
    Bcrown1's Avatar
    Bcrown1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Tx.
    Posts
    278
    3 hours is just insane, stick to 45-60.

  13. #13
    elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by damiongage
    I got add...I can barely handle 45 min.

    Really. The longest friggin 45 min of my day.

  14. #14
    barbarian's Avatar
    barbarian is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    1,814
    i set my exorcize bike in front of the tv and jam out for 45 minits thinking about how much fat im burning

  15. #15
    sooner45's Avatar
    sooner45 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The big Addison, TX!!!!!
    Posts
    835
    Its weird cause 45 min doesnt seem too bad to me anymore??? I'm not saying its the easiest thing I do everyday, but i dont wake up dreading it! I kind of look forward to doing it every day. Cardio just kick-starts my whole day!! My day is usually ****ed if I dont get my cardio in for some reason?? I am currently experimenting with 55min in the a.m. and another 30min in the p.m. on my off workout days, so we'll see how my body reacts. Anyhow, I guess I have grown to like cardio! I guess just cause I know I'm burning fat!!!!

  16. #16
    elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    368
    The longer I do it the harder it gets. So fukin borin. I've tried setting up in front of the TV, jammin with the headphones, motivational tapes, whatever, but anything stationary (bike, treadmill) bores me to death. PLus the seat on my new bike crushes my balls.

    I get outside and run whenever possible, even take a 25 minute drive to a local national park with a trail system a couple times a week just to stay away from the bike. But hell, you gotta do it. Minor price to pay to see the abs again.

  17. #17
    sooner45's Avatar
    sooner45 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The big Addison, TX!!!!!
    Posts
    835
    Something that has actually worked for me is Stand-up Comedy CD's!!! I just download all the famous comics stand-up acts to a CD and listen to it while doing cardio! Sounds kind of gay i know but it works! I have listened to Eddie Murphy, Mitch Hedgberg, and my personal deep south favorite, "Blue Collar Comedy" with Larry the Cable Guy, Jeff Foxworthy, and 2 other guys that I cant remember their names but are freackin hilarious!!!!! If your anywhere from the South go get this CD! Freackin hilarious!!!! "Get her done!!!!!" LOLOLOL!!! Anyway, these comedy CD's will usually last about an hour and a half, so if your doing 45 min of cardio a day, than that takes care of 2 days for you! And you can easily listen to them over and over and over as they are ab-breaking hilarious!!!! Just be careful not to bust outloud laughing while your on your recumbent bike!!!!! LOL Pretty embarasing!!

  18. #18
    tonight is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    99
    Agree. A good cd makes those 45 minutes of cardio go by a lot faster. BTW I wonder where the dude who started this thread went. He's probably doing cardio right now.

  19. #19
    elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner45
    Something that has actually worked for me is Stand-up Comedy CD's!!! I just download all the famous comics stand-up acts to a CD and listen to it while doing cardio! Sounds kind of gay i know but it works! I have listened to Eddie Murphy, Mitch Hedgberg, and my personal deep south favorite, "Blue Collar Comedy" with Larry the Cable Guy, Jeff Foxworthy, and 2 other guys that I cant remember their names but are freackin hilarious!!!!! If your anywhere from the South go get this CD! Freackin hilarious!!!! "Get her done!!!!!" LOLOLOL!!! Anyway, these comedy CD's will usually last about an hour and a half, so if your doing 45 min of cardio a day, than that takes care of 2 days for you! And you can easily listen to them over and over and over as they are ab-breaking hilarious!!!! Just be careful not to bust outloud laughing while your on your recumbent bike!!!!! LOL Pretty embarasing!!
    Cool idea! I'll give it a try.

  20. #20
    elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by tonight
    Agree. A good cd makes those 45 minutes of cardio go by a lot faster. BTW I wonder where the dude who started this thread went. He's probably doing cardio right now.


    LOL - Thinks he's fininshed yet?

  21. #21
    daman1's Avatar
    daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    beatin it up...
    Posts
    3,200
    3 hours a day of cardio and I would need a stretcher set and ready to go to take me to the ER afterwards

  22. #22
    Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    238
    Hours of cardio are waiting for me in hell.

  23. #23
    got fina?'s Avatar
    got fina? is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    677
    I think if u did 3 hours of cardio daily u would start burning everytyhing (fat and muscle). I dont think u need anything close to that and with a sick strict diet maybe 15-30 min a day is fine....

    BTW i havent did one min of cardio in my life. I feel diet is enough and shows in my 3 month tranformation pics i have posted..

  24. #24
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    Quote Originally Posted by got fina?
    I think if u did 3 hours of cardio daily u would start burning everytyhing (fat and muscle). I dont think u need anything close to that and with a sick strict diet maybe 15-30 min a day is fine....

    BTW i havent did one min of cardio in my life. I feel diet is enough and shows in my 3 month tranformation pics i have posted..



    Cardio is a must especially if natural.... your 3 month picture transformation included the use of AAS. No flame at all as I have nothing against this, but for people not using AAS cardio is completely necessary unless you have the greatest metabolism in the world and a body that knows you want it to only burn fat. And 15-30 minutes of cardio is not sufficient.... 40-60 minutes is what is necessary. You typically don't start to burn fat until the 20 minute range when doing fat burning cardio, so if you only did 30 minutes you would only get 10 minutes of fat burning. If you only did 15 minutes you wouldn't even start lipolysis.


    Mike

  25. #25
    sooner45's Avatar
    sooner45 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The big Addison, TX!!!!!
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Cardio is a must especially if natural.... your 3 month picture transformation included the use of AAS. No flame at all as I have nothing against this, but for people not using AAS cardio is completely necessary unless you have the greatest metabolism in the world and a body that knows you want it to only burn fat. And 15-30 minutes of cardio is not sufficient.... 40-60 minutes is what is necessary. You typically don't start to burn fat until the 20 minute range when doing fat burning cardio, so if you only did 30 minutes you would only get 10 minutes of fat burning. If you only did 15 minutes you wouldn't even start lipolysis.


    Mike
    Totally agree Mike. Cardio is a MUSt in the fat burning process, and 10-15 min aint ****!!!

  26. #26
    Redz122 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    164
    when you guys do your cardio, does your breathing get a bit harder? If it does, doesn't that mean you are using muscle glycogen?

  27. #27
    abstrack's Avatar
    abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Redz122
    when you guys do your cardio, does your breathing get a bit harder? If it does, doesn't that mean you are using muscle glycogen?
    damm bro, this is your fist reply back. You just get sone doing cardio or something? lol

    your breathing should become harder, if you can hold ac0onversation your really not doing it hard enough but if you are having a hard time breathing and still somewhat able to talk then your fine and doing cardio right.

    your last ? about gylcogen is NO

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •