Beernutz is offline Member

Gonna change it up to gaining lean mass....how gradual do i increase kcals

i cut for little over 1 month and although i did loose fat i lost quite a bit of muscle. I know this takes a little diet tweak to fix but i think ive done ok for my first time cutting. So anywayz ive decided to start bulking again but i wanna do it as clean as i can. I would have used damans lean mass diet but i guess it got deleted with the forum problems we had. I will construct a lean mass diet and post it up for a critique but i wanted to know how slow should i increase my kcals to get to my gaining kcals. 500kcals a week???

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    to gain as much muscle as possible without shocking your body is to add 100 kcal on top of your maintenance everyday. do this in 100 kcal increments til you hit 500cals. try to gain a lbs a week, anything over that will most prob be fat. good luck.

beer, i thought you were cutting? anyway give your body about two weeks of maintenance cals before you bulk. that way you dont shcok your system. good luck

i was cutting but the mind games persay were to much. I think i need to change it up for my own mental sanity. Thats why i decided to do some lean bulking. Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    i was cutting but the mind games persay were to much. I think i need to change it up for my own mental sanity. Thats why i decided to do some lean bulking. Thanks for the advice.

i just ended my bulking cant wait to cut. i was bulking for 4 months. first 2 months were ok but after that it was hard to eat clean all the time. i wouldnt have a problem if i could eat anything i wanted. its hard to eat 3600 cals cleanly.

cutting is a welcome change for me. cant wait, i plan to have a 6 pack by the end of the new year. im around 15-16% now

thats where i started when i was cutting i was at 15-16% now im at 11.5 or so but i lost some muscle along the way so i wanna bulk up again and get some back..

Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    thats where i started when i was cutting i was at 15-16% now im at 11.5 or so but i lost some muscle along the way so i wanna bulk up again and get some back..

just make sure you gain at least a lb a week. anything more than that will have some fat. good luck bro

thanks

Thread Information