Thread: Grilled Fish

Mr.Magoo is offline Junior Member

Grilled Fish

I live in Georgia and love to fish. I'm tired of tuna so I started grilling all of the bass, catfish, and bream that I've been catching. I fillet the fish and use a light coat of fat free margarine and lemon juice along with some chives. Then wrap this in tin foil and place on the grill for about 30 min. Pasta salad goes good with this. Has anybody else tried this or know of the nutritional value?

fritz2435 is offline Member
    The nutritional value would just be the macros of the ingredients. Grilled fish is a great food to eat while bulking or cutting as long as you don't go overboard on the sauces.

Bcrown1 is offline Associate Member
    Try Fitday.com

tonight is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magoo
    I live in Georgia and love to fish. I'm tired of tuna so I started grilling all of the bass, catfish, and bream that I've been catching. I fillet the fish and use a light coat of fat free margarine and lemon juice along with some chives. Then wrap this in tin foil and place on the grill for about 30 min. Pasta salad goes good with this. Has anybody else tried this or know of the nutritional value?
    I love fish too - all kinds although I prefer cold water fish like salmon because of taste and EFA content. First of all, I'd toss the margarine since it has hydrogenated fats. And I also wouldn't eat the pasta with the fish since combining the fats in the fish with carbs in the pasta at the same time isn't a good idea because it increases your fat storage. Go to the following website and you can get nutritional info on just about anything in any size:

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tonight
    I love fish too - all kinds although I prefer cold water fish like salmon because of taste and EFA content. First of all, I'd toss the margarine since it has hydrogenated fats. And I also wouldn't eat the pasta with the fish since combining the fats in the fish with carbs in the pasta at the same time isn't a good idea because it increases your fat storage. Go to the following website and you can get nutritional info on just about anything in any size:

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/
    Unless he's eating a fat ass fish, I don't really think you'd consider grilled fish a source of fat. If that was the case, we could never eat carbs with tuna, or chicken, or beef......

Thread Information