xenithon is offline Member

Dilemma - Whey before bed ok?

Hi All,

I have a small dilemma here. Normally before bed (for the past 2 years or so) I have been taking a locally made protein blend (whey , casein, egg) which has been great. Unfortunately that company has just gone under, and there are pretty much no other protein blends available (except one dicey local company with many bad reports which I do not trust).

I have tried eating eggs or tuna or chicken before bed and I just can't sleep after that, and need some form of protein which is not as heavy on the system. I have used cottage cheese for a long time too, normally have that at night of my off days. But I have 2 small probs with it: firstly it is very expensive here so not financially feasible to have it every night. Secondly, you do not get any sodium-reduced versions like I saw all over the show when I was overseas in various contries. The ones here are full of salt, all around 1.2g per 100g!! That does not bear well on my water retention

I can get however why protein for a very good price - I can get the EAS Myopro (which I use for post workout anyway) direct from importer. Along with whey at night I have 15g (1 tablespoon) of flax oil. Is this sufficient to slow it down enough?

Thanks for any advice,
    X

TRIBOL is offline Associate Member
    whey and flax is all u need, no worries.

TrIBOL

Beernutz is offline Member
    yup flax and whey..thats the whey to go...lol no pun intended.

xenithon is offline Member
    Right, thanks for the info guys. I was worried that whey (even with the flax) would digest too quickly. I will most likely use whey and flax on the nights of training days only (4 days a week) and the other nights probably some cottage cheese. Man I wish they had low sodium cottage here - not just because the lower salt is healthier, but with 1.2g salt/100g it tastes like shiat!

Cheers and have a good weekend,
    X

Thread Information