Thread: Diet critique

brian11 is offline Member

Diet critique

Alright, im not a bodybuilder nor to I want to be huge, I do however want to make steady gains and possibly slim down a little. I'm trying to get a lot of protein with a moderate about of carbs and fat. I know my diet is not ideal so let me know what is wrong with it.

8am: bowl of Total
    10am: Chicken breast
    12pm: Chicken breast, protein shake
    2pm: Chicken breast
    6pm: Pasta, Chicken breast
    8pm: protein shake

I know this isnt very balanced, my goal short term however is to lose a little fat and build up muscle. I figure with the low fat intake and high protein intake I will do that. Should i eat more carbs early in the day to promote my metabolism?

All opinions are welcome

Thanks
    -B-

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by brian11
    Alright, im not a bodybuilder nor to I want to be huge, I do however want to make steady gains and possibly slim down a little. I'm trying to get a lot of protein with a moderate about of carbs and fat. I know my diet is not ideal so let me know what is wrong with it.

I know this isnt very balanced, my goal short term however is to lose a little fat and build up muscle. I figure with the low fat intake and high protein intake I will do that. Should i eat more carbs early in the day to promote my metabolism?

All opinions are welcome

Thanks
    -B-
    Actually, w/ fat that low, you'll burn lean mass, halt the metabolism, and do very little for fat stores. I'd check the sticky for cutting atop the page to get a general sense of improvements you can implement.

Come back w/a proposed plan for critique.

~SC~

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member

RETHINK THIS..

NEED SOME SORT OF EFA'S

WHY BOTH?

NEED SOME SORT OF EFA'S

WHOLE WHEAT PASTA ISNT THAT BAD BUT I WOULDNT USE IT..

NEED SOME SORT OF EFA'S

EFA'S ARE KEY.. AND NO YOU DONT NEED MORE CARBS TO PROMOTE YOUR METABOLISM.. YOU DO HOWEVER NEED A PWO SHAKE AND PPWO MEAL

All opinions are welcome

Thanks
    -B-

comments in caps.. also read rambos cutting stickey for a better idea of what your attempting to do..

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Actually, w/ fat that low, you'll burn lean mass, halt the metabolism, and do very little for fat stores. I'd check the sticky for cutting atop the page to get a general sense of improvements you can implement.

Come back w/a proposed plan for critique.

~SC~
    this is the reason why you have like 800 more post the me, whore!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    this is the reason why you have like 800 more post the me, whore!
    Lighting fast King Whore to you!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Lighting fast King Whore to you!

~SC~

but im coming for the crown!@

I'll work on a new diet plan but first i need your opinion on a couple things. First, what do u think the best sources for EFA's are and is there a part of the day that is better for taking them? Also rambo talks about needing carbs, but again is there a part of the day that is better for eating them (ie. earlier in the day as opposed to dinner)? I guess my biggest ignorance is the fat intake, so any advice on that will be the most help. Thanks again.

efa sources = fish/flax/udo/olive oil, flax seeds, almonds, walnuts..

you should have your carbs in 2 meals.. one is liquid after your workout (should be high GI carb) and two 90 minutes or so after your shake should be a low gi carb..

Thread Information