Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 28 of 28
  1. #1
    OSTIE's Avatar
    OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mil-town
    Posts
    1,189

    Serious repsonses on my carb questions please...

    Im sorry, this is sort of a repost, but the first thready I started pissed me off and I didnt want to get in some flame war.

    Ive always been on this big struggle to lose weight. Since being on this board, ive gotten to new lows. Im finally going to shoot for my first bulk.

    My question involving complex carbs is; I know that it still depends on a persons weight, but on average, how many grams of carbs do you include in a meal with your protein (Obviously not counting PWO carbs).

    The reason Im reposting this is last time, someone mentioned 50gr. I asked if there was a reason for why that number was chosen. I never got a response back.

    Then I had people telling my you dont need carbs to bulk, just PWO. Im not looking for those kind of answers, just trying to be a D!CK and argue with me. While im sure someone may be able to post some info on that working, its not what im looking for. Im sure the majority of people on here dont follow that anyways.

    So, sorry for the rant, but thanks for answering my question. Im getting pumped for my first bulk and I want to get everything perfect.

    -ost

  2. #2
    dalcowbag's Avatar
    dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    KITCHEN
    Posts
    2,319
    i am 6 foot 220ish around 13 BF right now and i have had great results useing between 50-65 crabs in PPWO. hope that helps ya out, considering i only use about 30 when cutting

    D
    C
    B

  3. #3
    Beernutz's Avatar
    Beernutz is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    829
    I personally couldnt gain and ounce by only having 2 carb meals in my diet. I just recently started eating carbs in 4 of my meals for a total of over 300g of carbs per day and ive gained 2 pounds of solid muscle in the last week and 1/2.

  4. #4
    dalcowbag's Avatar
    dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    KITCHEN
    Posts
    2,319
    yeah, when bulking i have 3 or 4 pro/carb meals a day. . coming to around 280 grams/day

  5. #5
    Beernutz's Avatar
    Beernutz is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    829
    Ya DCB, i took your advice a couple weeks ago to up my carbs and it deff worked. Like i said i couldnt gain $hit with 2 carbs meals. 4 is what i needed.

  6. #6
    dalcowbag's Avatar
    dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    KITCHEN
    Posts
    2,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    Ya DCB, i took your advice a couple weeks ago to up my carbs and it deff worked. Like i said i couldnt gain $hit with 2 carbs meals. 4 is what i needed.
    and its better then drinkin oil like an asss too

    D
    C
    B

  7. #7
    OSTIE's Avatar
    OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mil-town
    Posts
    1,189
    Thanks to both of you. Those were the straight forward responses I was looking for and it will definately be put to good use when I start bulking in 2-3 weeks.

    Thanks again,

    -ost

  8. #8
    Beernutz's Avatar
    Beernutz is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    829
    NO prob Ost...and Ya DCb i really do feel like a big dumb dumb drinking oil but hey we gotta do what we gotta do.

  9. #9
    dalcowbag's Avatar
    dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    KITCHEN
    Posts
    2,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    NO prob Ost...and Ya DCb i really do feel like a big dumb dumb drinking oil but hey we gotta do what we gotta do.
    haha, you should see the looks i get at work, standin around drinkin only the finest olive oils and chicken breast. and i am a waiter so i don't think the customers like the oil breath. BUT THATS WHAT THEY GET FOR ORDERING THAT UNHELATHY FOOD!!!

    D
    C
    B

  10. #10
    KBZ's Avatar
    KBZ
    KBZ is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    between 50-65 crabs

  11. #11
    dalcowbag's Avatar
    dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    KITCHEN
    Posts
    2,319
    thats for one meal bro. . not my entire day

    DCB

  12. #12
    Beernutz's Avatar
    Beernutz is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    829
    i believe he is making fun of you for eating CRABS......

    read carefully youll get it...lolololol

  13. #13
    dalcowbag's Avatar
    dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    KITCHEN
    Posts
    2,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    i believe he is making fun of you for eating CRABS......

    read carefully youll get it...lolololol
    i dont get it, i said crabs and dangit i ment it!!!

    D
    C
    B

  14. #14
    OSTIE's Avatar
    OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mil-town
    Posts
    1,189
    Stop hijacking my F***ING thread you cocksuckers. ILL SEE ALL YOU MOTHER ****ING FAGGOTS IN HELL!!!!!

  15. #15
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    Stop hijacking my F***ING thread you cocksuckers. ILL SEE ALL YOU MOTHER ****ING FAGGOTS IN HELL!!!!!
    Okay Starter7777.

    Go eat some KFC bee-yatch!

    ~SC~

  16. #16
    ColdSore's Avatar
    ColdSore is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,952
    my weight has done nothing but gone up, until now (cutting until pct)

    but personally i would say never over 40-50gr's...i have a slower metablosim (sounds like you may also, from your post) and if i eat to big of meals the i can literaly see the fat come on in a matter of days it seems like...then i have to adjust...

    when i bulk i make 3 meals a PRIORITY for carbs...thats breakfast, pre- workout (and of course PWO shake with simple carbs), and PPWO...

    The other times i eat what i feel like...if i want a shake instead of a meal, then ill toss in some olive oil, or natty pb...if i feel like haveing some beef for lunch ill throw it in a wheat tortillia, or toss it on some whole wheat bread...

    The only thing i ever worry about is haveing protien with carbs, and protein with fat...and no fat and carbs togather unless its a cheat meal...or when im haveing a hard time gaining anymore weight...

    concentrate on that and i highly suggest writting it all down, then before you go to bed add up the macros and see where you could add more cals and protein...after a few weeks youll know how much, and how many times you need to eat to get that 400+ grams of protein and 3-4kcals...

    **** im ready to bulk already!

  17. #17
    OSTIE's Avatar
    OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mil-town
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Okay Starter7777.

    Go eat some KFC bee-yatch!

    ~SC~
    Can I substitute Chicken flavored Ramon for Chicken Chow Mein?

  18. #18
    OSTIE's Avatar
    OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mil-town
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    my weight has done nothing but gone up, until now (cutting until pct)

    but personally i would say never over 40-50gr's...i have a slower metablosim (sounds like you may also, from your post) and if i eat to big of meals the i can literaly see the fat come on in a matter of days it seems like...then i have to adjust...

    when i bulk i make 3 meals a PRIORITY for carbs...thats breakfast, pre- workout (and of course PWO shake with simple carbs), and PPWO...

    The other times i eat what i feel like...if i want a shake instead of a meal, then ill toss in some olive oil, or natty pb...if i feel like haveing some beef for lunch ill throw it in a wheat tortillia, or toss it on some whole wheat bread...

    The only thing i ever worry about is haveing protien with carbs, and protein with fat...and no fat and carbs togather unless its a cheat meal...or when im haveing a hard time gaining anymore weight...

    concentrate on that and i highly suggest writting it all down, then before you go to bed add up the macros and see where you could add more cals and protein...after a few weeks youll know how much, and how many times you need to eat to get that 400+ grams of protein and 3-4kcals...

    **** im ready to bulk already!
    Thanks for the post bro

  19. #19
    ColdSore's Avatar
    ColdSore is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    Thanks for the post bro
    notta prob...one more thing i wanted to touch on that might make you feel easier about bulking...

    i got the impression that you had a big weight transformation???...if so i think that works to your advantage...i used to be at my heaviest avout 260-265lbs in my last your of high school and going into college...i lost the weight over a year of busting ass 2x's a day and eating very strict...

    now when i bulk the wieght i gain comes off very quickly...i have been dropping about 2lbs per week for the last 4 weeks...when i started to cut after 12 or so weeks of bulk i was at 217, and now im down to 205+ or -....for some reason the quicker i gain the fat, the quicker i loose it...so i dont worry about it...

    and i have princess so she knows i have to get an excess of cals and protein which leads to fat...so shes supportive...but dont let anyone get to your head and make you sacrifice your goals to look leaner...theres other times for that....pack it on...

    you cant gain any serious muscle mass and loose fat at the same time if you have the genetics like myself, and others tend to have...set your goals and follow them, and adjust if needed...

    ****...i know my bulking...

  20. #20
    OSTIE's Avatar
    OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mil-town
    Posts
    1,189
    Yea I hear yea bro... once I put on alittle natty muscle, ill post some progress pics, but ive went from 280 in the middle of senior year to 220 by the time I graduated. I didnt diet right, but I was happy at the time. Only thing that sucked about that was, I lost it so fast, I have super loose skin that still hasnt tightened up. Im around 200 now and psyched about bulking, especially since I know so much more about nutrition, cutting next spring will be so much easier.

  21. #21
    ColdSore's Avatar
    ColdSore is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    Yea I hear yea bro... once I put on alittle natty muscle, ill post some progress pics, but ive went from 280 in the middle of senior year to 220 by the time I graduated. I didnt diet right, but I was happy at the time. Only thing that sucked about that was, I lost it so fast, I have super loose skin that still hasnt tightened up. Im around 200 now and psyched about bulking, especially since I know so much more about nutrition, cutting next spring will be so much easier.
    all i can say is deadlifts, squats and weighted abs...that will take away a sharp v-taper...but it will build more mass around your mid section to tighen it up...

    whats your bf% now...and how tall?

  22. #22
    OSTIE's Avatar
    OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mil-town
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    all i can say is deadlifts, squats and weighted abs...that will take away a sharp v-taper...but it will build more mass around your mid section to tighen it up...

    whats your bf% now...and how tall?
    Hmm, not totally sure on the bf because Ive never really searched around for someone who can do it correctly. My top two abs are startin to poke through, but because of my loose skin and genetics, I got some darling love handles and alittle chest fat. Im alittle under 6'3 and like i said fluctuating around 200.

    Your right about the deads though, I love them. Gotta work on the squats alittle, I got naturally skinny legs. I can deadlift more than I can squat. BUT, thats what bulking is for, put on some new muscle. Im going to make a chart for myself where I write down what I want to improve on the most. One of those erasable marker charts and hang it in my bedroom so its always staring me in the face.

    Thanks for your advice,

    -ost

  23. #23
    ColdSore's Avatar
    ColdSore is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    Hmm, not totally sure on the bf because Ive never really searched around for someone who can do it correctly. My top two abs are startin to poke through, but because of my loose skin and genetics, I got some darling love handles and alittle chest fat. Im alittle under 6'3 and like i said fluctuating around 200.

    Your right about the deads though, I love them. Gotta work on the squats alittle, I got naturally skinny legs. I can deadlift more than I can squat. BUT, thats what bulking is for, put on some new muscle. Im going to make a chart for myself where I write down what I want to improve on the most. One of those erasable marker charts and hang it in my bedroom so its always staring me in the face.

    Thanks for your advice,

    -ost
    yep...spare tire area is where im working at right now...

    as for squats, start light and make sure your going ass to the floor with a slow negative, and a short pause at the bottom and explosive on the way up...a good squat w/o will beat and ab w/o anyday in my book...

  24. #24
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    yep...spare tire area is where im working at right now...

    as for squats, start light and make sure your going ass to the floor with a slow negative, and a short pause at the bottom and explosive on the way up...a good squat w/o will beat and ab w/o anyday in my book...

    Yup Yup...... Squats > *

    I just finished my leg day and I can't walk lol. I almost puked when I left the gym.

    I am in the same boat with you guys about the lower ad fat, and honestly I don't even bother doing abs. I might do em like 1 day a week. Just keep hitting the cardio, squat, & dead lift and your bottom fat will come off, and you will fill that loose skin with muscle. It just takes time..... Which blows lol.


    <<LMO>>

  25. #25
    OSTIE's Avatar
    OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mil-town
    Posts
    1,189
    Since this is my thread, im gonna hijack it.... So I know about doing a squat warm up set, but after that, how many sets and reps would you recommend after that??

    Thanks,

    -ost

  26. #26
    dalcowbag's Avatar
    dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    KITCHEN
    Posts
    2,319
    well i do westside, so on tuesday its 3x3 super heavy, and on thursday in 10x2 (speed squat)

  27. #27
    ColdSore's Avatar
    ColdSore is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    Since this is my thread, im gonna hijack it.... So I know about doing a squat warm up set, but after that, how many sets and reps would you recommend after that??

    Thanks,

    -ost
    i actually do 2 what i call warm up sets, then 4 working sets (on average...w/o changes every week almost)...

    but it really depends on my goals...i have found that less than 6 reps doesnt really do that much for me...so ill keep it in the 6-15 range...6-10 when bulking with heavy weight, and 10-15 when cutting, still heavy...but i dont have the strength when im carb depleted and low on cals so in general alot lighter than a bulking phase, but still heavy and works the **** out of me...

    If you come out of the rack and can breathe or hold a conversation in the next 2 mins than your not doing them heavy or hard enough...thats how i would judge

  28. #28
    Beernutz's Avatar
    Beernutz is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    829
    i Do my squats like this.....

    heavy days ill do 3 warms up sets. My last warm up set will be fairly heavy but ill only do 2 reps just so my CNS will be ready for whats about to occur. Then its 4 sets of 5-8 reps to failure..Rest 1.5 min and hit the next set...

    on light days ill do 4 sets 10-20 reps 1 min rest...WOW what a pump i get from this..

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •