wired-up is offline Member

dex/carb questions

i've been reading for a couple months now trying to learn this stuff by doing searches. i finally got some dextrose today. now i know it's suggested that for PWO, you want to take in some carbs. i have a question about how much. in the first post of the "UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet" thread, it said double the amount of protein in carbs (50% dextrose/50% maltodextrin) okay, here's my questions:

1. so if i do 50g of protein, that means 100g of carbs. does it have to be 50g dextrose and 50g of maltodextrin? or can it just be 100g of dextrose.

2. the dex i got today says 1.25tsp (teaspoon) is 4g. if this is a direct conversion, then i'd need 15.625tsp in order to make 50g. thats over 5tbs. is that right? that seems like an awful lot.

3. do you guys just eat it straight? put in your protein shake? what's your preferred way to take it.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wired-up
    i've been reading for a couple months now trying to learn this stuff by doing searches. i finally got some dextrose today. now i know it's suggested that for PWO, you want to take in some carbs. i have a question about how much. in the first post of the "UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet" thread, it said double the amount of protein in carbs (50% dextrose/50% maltodextrin) okay, here's my questions:

1. so if i do 50g of protein, that means 100g of carbs. does it have to be 50g dextrose and 50g of maltodextrin? or can it just be 100g of dextrose.

2. the dex i got today says 1.25tsp (teaspoon) is 4g. if this is a direct conversion, then i'd need 15.625tsp in order to make 50g. thats over 5tbs. is that right? that seems like an awful lot.

3. do you guys just eat it straight? put in your protein shake? what's your preferred way to take it.
    1.) you can go with just 100g of carbs from dex. thats all i use and it has worked great
    2.)it will seem like alot at first but its right bro.
    3.) put it in your shake, taste AWESOME

DCB

pspcs83 is offline Junior Member
    I put in like 6-7 scoops and it does seem like a boatload of powder in a shake, but just add a little bit extra water to absorb it and give it a GOOD shake. you will not even taste it.

Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    1.) you can go with just 100g of carbs from dex. thats all i use and it has worked great
    2.)it will seem like alot at first but its right bro.
    3.) put it in your shake, taste AWESOME

DCB

great, thanks guys. my wife thinks i'm nuts for going through all this. she doesn't understand though, i guess. of course she says i look great the way i am, but she has to say that, it's her job! LOL!

great, thanks guys. my wife thinks i'm nuts for going through all this. she doesn't understand though, i guess. of course she says i look great the way i am, but she has to say that, it's her job! LOL!
    well now her new job is to broil chicken breast!!!

DCB

sad part is that i'm a better cook than her!!! that's alright though, she makes 3 times as much money as i do, so i don't complain to much. she buys me dex, flax, protein, etc. and we're sure using the heck out of the Sam's Club card we just got. Going through chicken breasts like it's my job! i'll be o-natural until i get this diet thing down. i've already seen some gains in the gym, but it's going to be awhile till i get to where i want to be.

sad part is that i'm a better cook than her!!! that's alright though, she makes 3 times as much money as i do, so i don't complain to much. she buys me dex, flax, protein, etc. and we're sure using the heck out of the Sam's Club card we just got. Going through chicken breasts like it's my job! i'll be o-natural until i get this diet thing down. i've already seen some gains in the gym, but it's going to be awhile till i get to where i want to be.
    2 points of advice for EVERYONE on reaching your goals:

1.) It will be hard
    2.) It will be worth it

DCB

no doubt on both accounts bro. that's why i'm here....to try to learn from some of you fools! LOL j/k i've learned more here in the last couple months than i have in the last 10 years of working out and talking to people. thanks again for your help.

no doubt on both accounts bro. that's why i'm here....to try to learn from some of you fools! LOL j/k i've learned more here in the last couple months than i have in the last 10 years of working out and talking to people. thanks again for your help.
    well good luck on your goals bro. . we have all come a long way since being on this board

DCB

Thread Information