Thread: non-lift days

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member

non-lift days

quick question for u bros...

i noticed for me that if i ever break down on my diet, its on the few days that i do not lift, because i cycle my carbs, and i want to prevent that. i'm gonna make a quick outline below, and tell me if you think this sounds alright!

my workouts
    1 hour am cardio 7 days week
    mon-weds no lift
    thurs chest tri back
    fri legs
    sat shoulders, neck traps
    sun back biceps

now normally i never have a carb breakfast, only pwo and ppwo, but its killing me on the non lift days though, cause my pwo shake is gone. would it be alright on mon-weds(no lift) if i made these changes

am cardio
    meal 1:carb/pro------normally pro/fat
    meal 2ro/fat
    meal 3ro/fat
    --------------------normally where pwo is
    meal 4:carb/pro
    meal 5ro/fat

does this look alright if the macros were in check? i knwo hwo much food i need calorie wise, etc., but just want some input if the bros here think the extra carbs in the morning would be beneficial? i think the would help keep me on track, and smash all the cravings for fried dough and pancakes i been havin lately!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I wouldn't be training 4 consecutive days in a row in the first place. That combined w/cardio everyday is going to eventually catch up to you in a negative manner.

~SC~

i plan on changing that anyway, but my real concern was the diet question i posted. my new lifting routine starts in 3 weeks and is going to be:

Sun chest tri abs
    mon just cardio
    tues legs
    weds just cardio
    thurs shoulders traps neck
    fri just cardio
    saturday back biceps

but my question is stillt he same. on non-lifting days would the carbohydrate change be beneficial, or would it slow cutting progress too much?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Try both methods, that's the only way you can tell how you respond. I find I can have carbs in meal 1 while cutting, but I also have learned what else I have to do in order to include them.

I understood your question no problem, I was just pointing out what WOULD slow the cutting process in your plan of attack, much more-so than the decision you are facing. That being over-training and CNS damage.

Why wait 3 weeks?

~SC~

TRIBOL is offline Associate Member
    dont train 4 days in a row? i thought the majority trains 1 body part per week and usually m-f w/ cardio in the mornings? everyday it seems like i dont know m,y as* from my elbow with BB.

TrIBOL

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Try both methods, that's the only way you can tell how you respond. I find I can have carbs in meal 1 while cutting, but I also have learned what else I have to do in order to include them.

I understood your question no problem, I was just pointing out what WOULD slow the cutting process in your plan of attack, much more-so than the decision you are facing. That being over-training and CNS damage.

Why wait 3 weeks?

~SC~
    thank you for pointing out that, i didn't realize about the nevous system damage? how does this occur? just an interesting idea as i never thought of that!!! so does the training split i outlined above look like an improvement to you? i know that should be in the workout thing or whatever but your the only one that has brought CNS damage from over training in to the picture for me!

bump. i'd like to know your reasoning on the cns damage SC. Nobody else has mentioned this to me. If the 4 days in a row is too much, would you personally think the new routine i'm starting is an improvement, or no? just want your .02

Quote Originally Posted by TRIBOL
    dont train 4 days in a row? i thought the majority trains 1 body part per week and usually m-f w/ cardio in the mornings? everyday it seems like i dont know m,y as* from my elbow with BB.

TrIBOL
    thats how i feel at the moment

dumblucky is offline Member
    ttt
    for more info

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    im curious about the over training as well..i train m-f and take weekends off from lifting, but i only train one part a day......do cardio 5 days a week right now myself.

Thread Information