ceasar250 is offline Associate Member

Dieting and Adderall

I have ADD and I am prescribed to take 30mg of Adderall twice a day. I started law school about 3 months ago and I definitely need the Adderall to keep up with the work load. Since I have started school I have lost a ton of weight, Adderall kills your appetite completely, I am lucky to get 2-3 small meals down a day. I used to eat 6-7 decent meals a day and still be hungry, a real hardgainer. Does anyone have suggestions on how to increase my appetite or anything else, protein shakes are not cutting it.

Thanks for help.

JMLH is offline New Member
    What workouts are you doing now? working out should increase your appetite !

Quote Originally Posted by JMLH
    What workouts are you doing now? working out should increase your appetite !
    Starting to lift heavy and no working out has no effect on appetite, if anything it makes it worse, cotton mouth....

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    how about stopping the adderall

JMLH is offline New Member
    I understand the cotton mouth....I take it also and i drink a gallon of water a day, get in the habit of drinking that much water everyday not just once in a while, that will also speed up your metabolism and hopefully make you eat more, your not just going to start eating six huge meals a day on it, you need to slowly get used to it. Eat a big breakfast before you take adderall in the morning. Then just start forcing yourself like shakes for snacks...then slowly get used to eating more is really what i did and eat like a fool on it now... good luck, let me know if you have any ?'s

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    be a man and eat dammit

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Jesus Christ, they're prescribing that sh!t like candy.

Quote Originally Posted by JMLH
    I understand the cotton mouth....I take it also and i drink a gallon of water a day, get in the habit of drinking that much water everyday not just once in a while, that will also speed up your metabolism and hopefully make you eat more, your not just going to start eating six huge meals a day on it, you need to slowly get used to it. Eat a big breakfast before you take adderall in the morning. Then just start forcing yourself like shakes for snacks...then slowly get used to eating more is really what i did and eat like a fool on it now... good luck, let me know if you have any ?'s
    Thanks for the help bro

rambo is offline The Lord God
    What the hell is wrong with you people? He plainly states he needs it to function.

The reply: Why don't you stop it?

He asks what to do. Reply?

"Be a man and eat ****it."

This used to be a forum where we help each other through situations. If you don't have anything to contribute to a thread, go **** around in the lounge.

Ceasar: If you find yourself unable to eat, try and make what you DO eat calorically dense, with lots of good fats, etc. That should help slow digestion, and at least then you can attempt to eat near maintence level calories.

Thread Information