bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'

Martial arts/gym

Bros I'm taking up "martial arts" training again and I have a few questions for yall.

1. How much time should I have beetwen my gym and m.a. training if its both on the same day?

2. After my m.a. training do I drink a pro/dex shake or pro/fat shake? Keep in mind its in the late evenings.

Thanks bros......................

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    The problem is that martial arts training and weight training are both done when peopl have free time in the evening, and that makes it hard to do them with lots of time rest in between.

I say either do martial arts on your days off from weights, or if u want to train hard in martial arts then lift weights in the morning and do martial arts in the evening so that u have adequate rest and nutrition in between.

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    I do cardio in the morning 7-8am, lift during my lunch noon-1pm, and thai kickboxing from 6:30-8:00pm. The thai classes are fixed at that time so I felt lifting at lunch would be a better time then at 8:30pm.

bor
    What about question nr. 2?

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    Pro/fat

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    When do you plan to take time to let your muscles rest? If you are doing martial arts and lifting, i would assume your muscles are not getting the rest they need.

I do Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Wrestling and it would kill me to do them with my weight training. I am strictly weight training for the time being.

bor
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    When do you plan to take time to let your muscles rest? If you are doing martial arts and lifting, i would assume your muscles are not getting the rest they need.

I do Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Wrestling and it would kill me to do them with my weight training. I am strictly weight training for the time being.
    I was hoping I would get your opinion on the subject.Well my plan was this :

mon : gym
    tue : m.a.
    wed : gym
    thur :m.a.
    fri : gym
    sat : sometimes m.a. sometimes off
    sun : off

I think that with adequate nutrition and sleep I could pull it off. I am aware that my build will change, more of a Mirko Filipovic look, and less Ronnie, but I'll take hard and cut over huge and bloated.Although huge, hard and cut would also be nice

Also, after the first m.a. training session I realized that maybe it would be a g ood idea to down a pro/dex shake afterwards, since it drained THE SH!T out of me.

I got into m.a. for the benefits it can do for my body visually, not because I want to become competitive in the sport. Like I could become competitive
    You disagree?

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by bor
    I was hoping I would get your opinion on the subject.Well my plan was this :

mon : gym
    tue : m.a.
    wed : gym
    thur :m.a.
    fri : gym
    sat : sometimes m.a. sometimes off
    sun : off

I think that with adequate nutrition and sleep I could pull it off. I am aware that my build will change, more of a Mirko Filipovic look, and less Ronnie, but I'll take hard and cut over huge and bloated.Although huge, hard and cut would also be nice

Also, after the first m.a. training session I realized that maybe it would be a g ood idea to down a pro/dex shake afterwards, since it drained THE SH!T out of me.

I got into m.a. for the benefits it can do for my body visually, not because I want to become competitive in the sport. Like I could become competitive
    You disagree?
    It is all up to you, i would take a PWO after class as you have userd your glycogen stores (at least at my school you would). Maybe take some Glutamine before class to help save some of your hard earned muscle.

You will not get a CroCop look, his build is not from MA, he weight trains like crazy and has a team that watches his diet etc...

bor
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    It is all up to you, i would take a PWO after class as you have userd your glycogen stores (at least at my school you would). Maybe take some Glutamine before class to help save some of your hard earned muscle.

You will not get a CroCop look, his build is not from MA, he weight trains like crazy and has a team that watches his diet etc...
    Actually his diet is far from perfect and he doesn't have a nutricionist on his team.My country doesn't realize the imprtance of nutrition in top sports fully yet.He also trains in my gym, 3 times a week, basic exercises and some strength movements, far from crazy.He is genetically a strong man and his cuts come from all the m.a. training.

My thoughts exactly on the pwo.The way my legs were trembling after last time.......

Do you think poppin' some amino acid pills b4 training would also be beneficial?

Thread Information