Matrix78 is offline Associate Member

Need a critique for my winter of BULKING

140lbs
    5'6"
    BF% 10 - 12
    trainging 3yrs (2yrs of loosing BF down form 170lbs BF 25%)
    cycle of Test E / Deca
    Starting Jan 1st

bump plz
    thanx

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm... doesnt look to bad... some may say since your on the juice you may be able to slack on the diet more... I dont agree so if you want me to give you my opinion on a strict diet, ill try to make a couple suggestions...

Meal 1 - Cut out the cheese, maybe dump the whey and add more whites

Meal 2 - Dump the cottage cheese, add another scoop of whey & another tbls of flax

Meal 3 - Dump the cheese, possibly dump the whey as well, i know your juicing so your body might be able to handle more protein, but that still may be too much depending on your body. Also, how many grams of sugar are in those tortillas and rice? Watch out for sugar carbs.

Meal 4 - personally, I would once again dump the CC, add a scoop of protein and double the flax

Meal 5/PWO - looks good

Meal 6 - not familiar with basmati rice, but assuming there next to none sugar carbs in there, looks good

***Meal 7 - I would try to squeeze in 2 scoops of whey along with some flax before bed. If you go to bed early, try gettin up in the middle of the night to consume it.

***If you get sick of flax as your primary source of EFA, get some almonds, natty pb, etc.

Good luck bro,

-ost

mitch911 is offline Member
    I would switch meal 4 with meal 6..seeing how you need a good protein carb meal before working out and no fat. The cottage cheese has casein protein (slow digesting) and the tables spoon of flax will make it burn even slower, which is what you need before you go to bed.. Im not sure about the Basmati either, but if your ensure about it beein a good complex carb source, switch to brown rice. I personally would get rid of the swiss cheese alltogether.

Basmati Rice is a rice found in alot of Greek food its natural but its not brown and it come came in a big burlap bag heres the info on it

Nutrition Facts:
    Serving Size: .25 cup (50g)(as packaged)
    Servings: 18
    Calories 180 (Cal from Fat 5),

Total Fat 0.5g 1%,
    Sodium 0mg 0%,
    Total Carb 38g 13%
    (Dietary Fiber 1g 4%, Sugars 0g),
    Protein 4g,
    Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%

OSTIE... i rearranged it with those changes and the totals still look the same i supose thats a good thing, but in my readings here and there isnt the idea to try to have more "real foods" and less protein powder drinks?

mitch911... i'm at work for meal 2 - 5 so i would not be able to have that much at 5:30 during work that would be like another lunch... i didnt know pre workwout was to be Pro/Carb per haps i could move the Pro/Fat up an hour or 2 and then have some sort of a Pro/Carb drink around that time???

what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix78
    OSTIE... i rearranged it with those changes and the totals still look the same i supose thats a good thing, but in my readings here and there isnt the idea to try to have more "real foods" and less protein powder drinks?
    I did cut out some of your powder. Except for the extra pro/fat meal that I added before bed, I did not tell you to dump the real food protein and consume a protein shake instead. I did tell you to add a scoop of protein to a meal where you already had a protein shake.

I did have you dump the Cottage cheese in a meal and add another scoop to the protein shake you already have planned in. This is because I just felt the Cottage cheese wast that good of a source for fat in a pro/fat meal and there are sugars in there as well.

Depending on how busy I am with school and work, I incorporate 2-3 whey shakes with efa's as meals. One of the definate protein shakes is pwo with dex and then right before bed with flax. If im on the run, ill have another one usually as meal 2 between classes with almonds or something.

thax for clearing that up for me ostie, i had the cottage cheese in there because of protein not fat but from the looks of things it seems i shouldnt use it at all
    Last edited by Matrix78; 12-06-2004 at 05:39 PM.

ok i made changes and updated it hows it looking now? should i put a Pro/Carb shake at around 3PM?? to bump up my carbs a little? if so what to use is there a carb powder liek there is protein? hows the fat total look is that a little high? or no?

thanx for the help people

IMO, looks great..... work hard to keep that diet and I believe you will be extremely happy with the results..... be sure to keep us posted on your results

Good luck bro,

-ost

The changes have made it better... I would still switch ur last meal (the one with the protein shake) to cottage cheese..the protein shake is digested very quickly because it is whey where as the cottage cheese will digest slower which is what u need while sleeping seeing how you are fasting for 8-10 hours. Remember muscles grow while you sleep, so dont take away their material to get bigger. As for your question about the protein carb meal for meal 4 and you being at work. Seeing how this is the meal prior to workout you need to have carbs in it in order for you to give it your all. You need energy to workout. If you really cant shovel down brown rice which only needs the microwave to warmup or a sweet potatoe. Try just adding oats to your protein shake..I have tried it, i'l tell you its gross at first but if that is your only option for a working out time than i would do this seeing how u need the energy.

Quote Originally Posted by mitch911
    The changes have made it better... I would still switch ur last meal (the one with the protein shake) to cottage cheese..the protein shake is digested very quickly because it is whey where as the cottage cheese will digest slower which is what u need while sleeping seeing how you are fasting for 8-10 hours. Remember muscles grow while you sleep, so dont take away their material to get bigger. As for your question about the protein carb meal for meal 4 and you being at work. Seeing how this is the meal prior to workout you need to have carbs in it in order for you to give it your all. You need energy to workout. If you really cant shovel down brown rice which only needs the microwave to warmup or a sweet potatoe. Try just adding oats to your protein shake..I have tried it, i'l tell you its gross at first but if that is your only option for a working out time than i would do this seeing how u need the energy.
    I disagree with some of your statements... here is my reasoning...

whey/efa for bedtime meal - the efa slows down the protein digestion big time and provides sort of a time release throughout the night to provide your body with protein to prevent you going catabolic. The cottage cheese still would work, but it does contain some sugars.

Pro/carb meal before lifting - while it can be beneficial to eat a pro/carb meal before lifting, you have to look at his meal consumption times... if he consumes the meal right before his workout at 5:30, itll take around 3 hours for that pro/carb meal to digest which means it wont be very useful by the time he enters the gym. Personally I think its fine where it is.

Just some thoughts

-ost

does is really take 3 hours for the protein carb meal to be beneficial...i heard 1 hour prior to workout is ideal. And for the last meal..whey is pretty much the fastest digested protein..right next to egg whites..These get digested within an hour which is why they are so ideal to eat upon wakening, as your body just went 8-10 hours without eating. Eating lowfat cottage cheese is probably more beneficial than having the whey as it will burn very slow. It will burn even slower with the addition of his Efa's (flax oil/ natural peanut butter) + Its probably a better route because the protein is coming from whole foods which are prefered over supplements. In regards to the sugar content..yes there are sugars, but i was informed that these sugars do not cause and insulin spike because they have something to do with the sugars from the lactose..or something like this...Sorry I forget the actual reason, perhaps some1 else can answer this part

Hmm, if a pro/carb meal took only an hour to digest, why are we not eating every hour........ while it may not take a full three hours for the food to digest, because everyone is different, it is a good rule of thumb to wait a good 2-3 hours before lifting.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    3 hours or so for it to be actual MUSCLE GLYCOGEN.

1 hour or so for it to be BLOOD GLUCOSE.

~SC~

how do these changes look

for the area at the 5:30 meal for CARB i may be able to shovle sown a 1/2 cup of rice down but that would only be about 1 1/2 hours before i go work out maybe less if you count in the time to eat say 15/20 min in between calls would that be to heavy in my gut to be any good?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need a critique for my winter of BULKING-mealplan.jpg  

Thread Information