Thread: how to eat

jgg1221 is offline Member

how to eat

i was wondering

what time of the day do i need to eat my complex carbs, and simple carbs?

pre work out, or post work out?

can you give me some examples of complex & simple carbs?

should it be - complex carbs preworkout, simple carbs post work out?

thanks

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    complex def. @ breakfast and PPWO and other times (someone else please advise). As for simple, immediately post work out, such as dextrose.
    Complex-oats

eggplant is offline Member
    complex at breakfast and throughout the day..based on how your diet looks like..and simple only pwo

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Height/weight/stats/goals/cardio/workout/etc??

The context of your situation is needed before answers to these questions can be provided.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by jgg1221
    i was wondering

what time of the day do i need to eat my complex carbs, and simple carbs?

pre work out, or post work out?

can you give me some examples of complex & simple carbs?

should it be - complex carbs preworkout, simple carbs post work out?

thanks

heigh: 6ft
    weight: 225lbs
    not sure of body fat % but i estimate somewhere in the 20's
    have a 36 inch waist but i think if i got close to 0% bf it would be 34
    I have a LOT of water weight though, that im sure of... theres some flab but its mostly water. I recently started drinking more water (gallon/day) and doing 15min of cycling, 7 days/week
    I also lift weights 7 days/week... allowing each concentrated body part to rest for atleast 48 hours
    current bench max is around 270..
    goals? lose the extra water weight, tone down and become moderately cut while mainting current size/strength, and hopefully increasing my size/strength a little bit

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    There is noo way your waist would be just 34 in. if you dropped your bf that low, when your starting out at 36. Go get it checked so you'll know for sure. Not so sure thats a good idea working out 7 days a week. Remember just because your not working out tris on chest day, doest mean that your tris arent gettin any work. Youre probably overtraining. Have a 2 or 3 day rest split between your weekly workout routine. You may definitely need to check out all the stickeys for weight training and diet.

Now with that said, i think you're probably wanting to drop your bf. So I suggest only eating carbs in 3 meals. Meal 1, PWO, PPWO. Meal 1 --- oatmeal(complex carb), PWO--- 2:1 dextrose to protein(WHEY) Dextrose(simple carb), PPWO(meal 60-90mins after pwo)-- Brown rice, sweet potato (complex carbs); Other sources of carbs: green vegetables(complex).

Quote Originally Posted by 6_pak
    There is noo way your waist would be just 34 in. if you dropped your bf that low, when your starting out at 36. Go get it checked so you'll know for sure. Not so sure thats a good idea working out 7 days a week. Remember just because your not working out tris on chest day, doest mean that your tris arent gettin any work. Youre probably overtraining. Have a 2 or 3 day rest split between your weekly workout routine. You may definitely need to check out all the stickeys for weight training and diet.

Now with that said, i think you're probably wanting to drop your bf. So I suggest only eating carbs in 3 meals. Meal 1, PWO, PPWO. Meal 1 --- oatmeal(complex carb), PWO--- 2:1 dextrose to protein(WHEY) Dextrose(simple carb), PPWO(meal 60-90mins after pwo)-- Brown rice, sweet potato (complex carbs); Other sources of carbs: green vegetables(complex).
    im just a little puzzled...
    first off, what does PWO and PPWO stand for?

2nd - could you break that down a lil more cuz im not sure which one is meal 1, meal 2 or meal 3...

not tryin to bite the hand that feeds me, im just a lil confused
    but i apprechiate the help

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    meal 1-- your first meal of the day, when you wake up;i.e. breakfast.
    pwo-- refers to the whey protein shake and dextrose (post workout) eat within 15 minutes after last rep.
    ppwo-- actual meal after pwo (lean meat and complex carbs) eat within 60 to 90 minutes after pwo

The rest of your meals concentrate just on protein and healthy fats.

Thread Information