Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 30 of 30
  1. #1
    dr.shred's Avatar
    dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,328

    Dextrose really necessary?

    I've read a lot about the uses of dextrose with pwo shake and it make sense. However, I've been to the nutrition and corn was one of the things I should stay away from. So I'm wondering whether or not I should use dextrose. Any advice?

    -SHRED

  2. #2
    abstrack's Avatar
    abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,518
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    I've read a lot about the uses of dextrose with pwo shake and it make sense. However, I've been to the nutrition and corn was one of the things I should stay away from. So I'm wondering whether or not I should use dextrose. Any advice?

    -SHRED
    well mr shred.. you have been to the nutrition? where is the nutrition might I ask?

    you ask a ? and say you understand it but yet you ask what is the role of dextrose and its "primary" and "only" use in PWO1. umm??? come again

  3. #3
    dr.shred's Avatar
    dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,328
    guy it does make sense, but everyone is different and have different food allergies thats what I was wondering if it would still be beneficial for ME. I've been to the nutriotionist what i meant to say and it came out the corn was one of my allergies.

  4. #4
    6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    murfreesboro
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    guy it does make sense, but everyone is different and have different food allergies thats what I was wondering if it would still be beneficial for ME. I've been to the nutriotionist what i meant to say and it came out the corn was one of my allergies.
    dextrose= corn starch. Im not well versed in this at all. This could be to obvious to ask but what the hell-- does corn have corn starch??? Did you ask your nutritionist, as he/she would be better qualified to answer that question. If your not, however; yeebetcha!!! But im very well versed in allergies. I know ive outgrown a sh*t load of them over the yrs. Such as being somewhat lactose intolerant. I can eat any king of cheese, but i cant drink straight milk.

  5. #5
    abstrack's Avatar
    abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,518
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    guy it does make sense, but everyone is different and have different food allergies thats what I was wondering if it would still be beneficial for ME. I've been to the nutriotionist what i meant to say and it came out the corn was one of my allergies.
    ahh ok, it makes more sense now that you have explaied your situation. Well if you're allergic to it then dont use it. Ask your nutritinist if you can maltodextrin d ask then if you can use dextrose even those it is by-product or corn sugar.

  6. #6
    angelxterminator's Avatar
    angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Al Asad, Iraq
    Posts
    1,703
    Quote Originally Posted by 6_pak
    dextrose= corn starch. Im not well versed in this at all. This could be to obvious to ask but what the hell-- does corn have corn starch??? Did you ask your nutritionist, as he/she would be better qualified to answer that question. If your not, however; yeebetcha!!! But im very well versed in allergies. I know ive outgrown a sh*t load of them over the yrs. Such as being somewhat lactose intolerant. I can eat any king of cheese, but i cant drink straight milk.
    NO, DEXTROSE IS NOT CORN STARCH!

    It does not matter if you an allergic reaction to corn shred, dextrose is fine. It is physically IMPOSSIBLE on ALL LEVELS to have any type of adverse reaction from utilizing dextrose in your PWO.

    go for it!

  7. #7
    craneboy's Avatar
    craneboy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    nor*cal
    Posts
    1,540
    dextrose is corn sugar, very sweet and very cheap

  8. #8
    dr.shred's Avatar
    dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,328
    So how much dextrose do you guys think while cutting?

  9. #9
    abstrack's Avatar
    abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,518

  10. #10
    smegs's Avatar
    smegs is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    So how much dextrose do you guys think while cutting?
    its not reallly about cutting.
    if you are bulking or cutting you want to have 2x as much dextrose per 1g of protein in your PWO shake.
    e.g. 100gdex : 50g protein

  11. #11
    abstrack's Avatar
    abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,518
    Quote Originally Posted by smegs
    its not reallly about cutting.
    if you are bulking or cutting you want to have 2x as much dextrose per 1g of protein in your PWO shake.
    e.g. 100gdex : 50g protein
    Ibeg to differ. Macros are macros and they all add up at the end of the day. So if you are cutting and trying to shred off that last bit of fat and having trouble. You going to have to adjust your PWO1 and pwo2, which are going to be your 2 main carb meals.

  12. #12
    dr.shred's Avatar
    dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,328
    I am 190 8%. I want to maintain this weight or maybe even gain a couple of pounds of LB while dropping body fat. I have around 3100 calories a day. Would it be necessary to use dextrose while cutting when im trying to maintain this weight while dropping bf. BTW im not using any as, just natural supplements and very strict diet. Thanks guys for the help.

    -SHRED

  13. #13
    abstrack's Avatar
    abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,518

  14. #14
    6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    murfreesboro
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    dextrose is necessary in pwo1, that is its only role and primary role. rather you are cutting or bulking.

    I agree but when im getting down in bf and need to lose a bit more, cut the ratio down to 1:1.

  15. #15
    dr.shred's Avatar
    dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,328
    Quote Originally Posted by 6_pak
    I agree but when im getting down in bf and need to lose a bit more, cut the ratio down to 1:1.
    Could you explain this a little more I have never used dextrose before. What do you think for dosage postworkout?

  16. #16
    nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Quote Originally Posted by 6_pak
    I agree but when im getting down in bf and need to lose a bit more, cut the ratio down to 1:1.
    Why would you do that? Unless your glycogen depleting for a contest or something i see no reason to cut down on dextrose PWO.

  17. #17
    6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    murfreesboro
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    Could you explain this a little more I have never used dextrose before. What do you think for dosage postworkout?

    When i'm going on a strick cutting diet, I like to drop the dex in half. It was at a 2:1 ratio of dextrose/protein, while cutting it will be 1:1 of dextrose/protein.
    100g dex/ 50g whey 50g dex/ 50g whey
    But the drop is usually done half way through the diet.

  18. #18
    6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    murfreesboro
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    Why would you do that? Unless your glycogen depleting for a contest or something i see no reason to cut down on dextrose PWO.
    Thats exactly why i do it!!

  19. #19
    nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    5,484
    But thats not what you were saying. You said you were doing it to lose that last bit of fat. Your not losing fat by doing that, your losing muscle glycogen, making your muscles look flat, then your glycogen repleting to make your muscles seem fuller.

    The people in this forum aren't talking about contest prep, they are talking about everyday diet.

  20. #20
    6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    murfreesboro
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    But thats not what you were saying. You said you were doing it to lose that last bit of fat. Your not losing fat by doing that, your losing muscle glycogen, making your muscles look flat, then your glycogen repleting to make your muscles seem fuller.

    The people in this forum aren't talking about contest prep, they are talking about everyday diet.
    I'll clarify that next time!!!!

  21. #21
    diesel21's Avatar
    diesel21 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    734
    just to make sure... thats about 88 grams of simple sugar coming from the dex? do any of you guys do like 20% dex then other carbs?

  22. #22
    diesel21's Avatar
    diesel21 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    734
    help

  23. #23
    dalcowbag's Avatar
    dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    KITCHEN
    Posts
    2,319
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel21
    just to make sure... thats about 88 grams of simple sugar coming from the dex? do any of you guys do like 20% dex then other carbs?
    yeah thats about right, dex is about half my carb intake while cutting ( the other half comes from rice or potatoes in PPWO and oatmeal in the morn)

    dcb

  24. #24
    Panzerfaust's Avatar
    Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    8,828
    My only carbs come from PWO (dex) and PPWO (rice)

  25. #25
    clancywiggum is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    54
    If you can't use dextrose, why not use glucose syrup instead?

  26. #26
    diesel21's Avatar
    diesel21 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    734
    ok got it,,, but now... i should use all dextrose for the first meal? not break it up? even will cutting?

    then of course... 2nd post meal?
    thanx again

  27. #27
    dalcowbag's Avatar
    dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    KITCHEN
    Posts
    2,319
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel21
    ok got it,,, but now... i should use all dextrose for the first meal? not break it up? even will cutting?

    then of course... 2nd post meal?
    thanx again
    all dex in your PWO meal yes

    dcb

  28. #28
    web03 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    263
    like DCB said use all DEX PWO and I personally love Sweet potatos so I use that PPWO

    web

  29. #29
    web03 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    263
    like DCB said use all DEX PWO and I personally love Sweet potatos so I use that PPWO

    web

  30. #30
    web03 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    263
    like DCB said use all dex in PWO and i like sweet potatos so thats what I use PPWO


    web

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •