bigvlad is offline Junior Member

dextrose measurements

anyone know the correct measurements fot dex? how do you measuere out 80 grams?

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    doesnt it come with a scooper?

im not sure but i think 1 tblsp=5g

xfade7 is offline Member
    i take my protein scooper and do double the amount of dextrose than protein... easy enough for me. i put 2 scoop protein, 4 scoop dextrose. (this is using 100% whey which is 23g for 29g protein so it measures out easily)

xfade7

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    my dex is 4 grams sugar per 1.25 teaspoon and i am assuming that we are talking 80 grams sugar when we talk 2:1 ratio

bigvlad is offline Junior Member
    yeah thats a good call, thanks alot, i appreciate the help

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    1/2 cup is 75 grams according to swolecat i believe. What i did was i took 1.25 tsp per 4 grams and multiplied it by 20 to get 80 grams. thats 25 teaspoons total. divided approximately by 3 tbls per teaspoon gives you 8 tablespoons. I dumped 8 tablespoons into a 1/2 measuring cup and its about dead on. you cannot go by doubling the scooper of your protein for sure. I have 1 100% whey protein that is a 20 grams a scoop and is 1/2 the size of my other protein which 25 grams a scoop. One is more dense of a powder than the other.

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xfade7
    i take my protein scooper and do double the amount of dextrose than protein... easy enough for me. i put 2 scoop protein, 4 scoop dextrose. (this is using 100% whey which is 23g for 29g protein so it measures out easily)

xfade7

i think u are grossly miscalculating how much dextrose you are adding to your shake. 2 scoops of optimum whey = 46g protein and 2 scoops of dextrose USING the optimum whey scooper = about 75-80g or 1/2 cup.

so since you are adding 4 scoops you are intaking 160g of carbs.. bad idea.

HammerCurler is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HiFi
    i think u are grossly miscalculating how much dextrose you are adding to your shake. 2 scoops of optimum whey = 46g protein and 2 scoops of dextrose USING the optimum whey scooper = about 75-80g or 1/2 cup.

so since you are adding 4 scoops you are intaking 160g of carbs.. bad idea.

My Optimum Nutrition whey package says each scoop is 28g and contains 23g of protein, therefore, you could do 2 scoops whey(46g pro), and 3 scoops of dex(84g carb) to roughly get the 2:1 ratio.

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    to be sure just look at how much sugar is in each serving. then go by that

Neo22 is offline Junior Member
    my dextrose from supp direct is 75g for 1/3 cup

joevette is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerCurler
    My Optimum Nutrition whey package says each scoop is 28g and contains 23g of protein, therefore, you could do 2 scoops whey(46g pro), and 3 scoops of dex(84g carb) to roughly get the 2:1 ratio.
    Wrong, dextrose is a lot more dense than protein powder. I just weighed 1 level optimum nutrition scoop of dex and it comes out to 48.7g. So, at 3 scoops you're getting nearly twice what you thought.

Thread Information