Essy is offline Associate Member

To much protein?

I was in my gym about to get my body fat% and started talking to the guy who works there. He asked how much protein I was taking. I am 190lbs so I told him I an trying to take in 300 - 350 grams. He told me that was to much. I should be taking around 170 grams. He said something about I should be taking protein per kilogram or something. I then spoke to 2 more people that do competitions and then said something like that to. One kid was a lot bigger them me and says he only takes in 130 grams of protein and is still putting on mass. Does anyone know what they are talking about. Thanks

GQplaya is offline Associate Member
    i dunno but he might be right, cause i think your body depending on weight can only process so much protein at once. swole feel free to chime in here , i would like to kno 4 sure

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Your body can process I beleive 40-50gr of protien at a time. Diffrent protiens however have diffrent bioavailabilities, those with lower bioavailability are absorbed slower and less efficently I believe, so bb often consume larger amounts per meal. Opinions are still divided on It Some bb's say 2gr per pound b/w others say 4. Currently I am consuming approx 2.5gr per pound b/w. RDA'S are actually much lower something like 0.4 gr per pound b/w. These Rda are for sedentary people though, and bodybuilders needs are much higher. You have to remember that weight lifting is a destructive/restructive process. You tear muscle, you repair muscle or your body does anyway.

Because of this damage you need exta protien for repair. There are also various biological process going on in your body with regard to energy, sustance and survival. Your body has a natural need for survival and has it's own priorities. If you don't eat every three hours your biological clock goes into survival mode and protects it's self from the uncertainty of where the next meal is coming from. It does this by reducing the the calorific requirements of the body by breaking down muscle tissue. (muscle tissue is living so requires calories for survival).

In the wild it is quite an intelligent forms of survival by reduced muscle mass an animal can reduce overall calorie requirement thus survive longer. In addition it keeps some money in the bank in the form of fat. Fat is inert and is not living tissue so does not increase overall calorific requirements. It has twice the calorific value of protiens and carbs and is used as for calorific supply as a last means of survival.

By eating quality protiens every three hours you are protecting yourself from this process. How much you eat depends on which value you think you need, you will have to make your own mind up on that one.

Another important point is point is not digested as easily as carbs or fats so you need to drink at least a gallon of water a day and stock up on antioxidants(vitamin c) etc. Get in loads of green veg as well as your vitamin requirements are higher as well particular the water soluble one. Thats what the veggies are for. I't not a bab idea to supplement witha quality multi vitamin either.
    Last edited by GREENMACHINE; 03-05-2005 at 05:59 AM.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    im bulking right now and am eating 2.5g per pound of lean mass...i started at 154 (post contest) and now I am up to about 180. This is all natural with no steroids or pro hormones. I dont know if my body just likes a lot of protein or that maybe it really is the key macro when it comes to building.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I do not agree with their approach as stated above but i do agree that 300-350 sounds a bit much for you being 190lbs and i think 275-280g would work well for you.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GREENMACHINE
    Your body can process I beleive 40-50gr of protien at a time. Diffrent protiens however have diffrent bioavailabilities, those with lower bioavailability are absorbed slower and less efficently I believe, so bb often consume larger amounts per meal. Opinions are still divided on It Some bb's say 2gr per pound b/w others say 4. Currently I am consuming approx 2.5gr per pound b/w. RDA'S are actually much lower something like 0.4 gr per pound b/w. These Rda are for sedentary people though, and bodybuilders needs are much higher. You have to remember that weight lifting is a destructive/restructive process. You tear muscle, you repair muscle or your body does anyway.

Because of this damage you need exta protien for repair. There are also various biological process going on in your body with regard to energy, sustance and survival. Your body has a natural need for survival and has it's own priorities. If you don't eat every three hours your biological clock goes into survival mode and protects it's self from the uncertainty of where the next meal is coming from. It does this by reducing the the calorific requirements of the body by breaking down muscle tissue. (muscle tissue is living so requires calories for survival).

In the wild it is quite an intelligent forms of survival by reduced muscle mass an animal can reduce overall calorie requirement thus survive longer. In addition it keeps some money in the bank in the form of fat. Fat is inert and is not living tissue so does not increase overall calorific requirements. It has twice the calorific value of protiens and carbs and is used as for calorific supply as a last means of survival.

By eating quality protiens every three hours you are protecting yourself from this process. How much you eat depends on which value you think you need, you will have to make your own mind up on that one.

Another important point is point is not digested as easily as carbs or fats so you need to drink at least a gallon of water a day and stock up on antioxidants(vitamin c) etc. Get in loads of green veg as well as your vitamin requirements are higher as well particular the water soluble one. Thats what the veggies are for. I't not a bab idea to supplement witha quality multi vitamin either.
    amen bro

Thread Information