OneMoreSet is offline Associate Member

nutrition software? any advice

hey guys I have a quick question.. I was wondering if any of you use any sort of software to keep track of your diets?
    I getting a new palm pilot and was wondering if there was any good software that I could get that would help me keep better track of my diet.. I work full time and go to school full time so i have a real hard time keeping good track of everything. Also I work at a hospital so I eat in the cafeteria a lot and that food does not come with a label so that I know what im consuming.

I was using the GNC website for a little while but that didnt work out because I rarely had time to log all my meals with my busy schedule.

Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

OMS

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Fitday.com, but you still have to log your meals no matter what type of software/engine you use.

Logging your diet is the reason for such places.

~SC~

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    I use a software program that came with a textbook I had for a nutrition class. I don't think this particular program can be purchased by itself, but there are plenty of other similar programs out there. It is true that you need to log your food intake regardless of whether you use fitday or software, but it is a hell of a lot easier and faster to do it with software. It takes me just a couple minutes using this program, but if I were to use fitday or any other online database, it would take me much much longer (due to the time it takes for webpages to load everytime you adjust something).

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim2884
    It takes me just a couple minutes using this program, but if I were to use fitday or any other online database, it would take me much much longer (due to the time it takes for webpages to load everytime you adjust something).

Broadband sista, broadband!

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    www.fitday.com also has a standalone version for download... I'm sure you could find something to run on a PDA if you looked around a bit, but ive never heard anything.

I dont have a problem actually logging my meals, Its just that I am not always near a computer that I can get online with to log them... I suppose I could write everything down then spend 30minutes at the end of the day to log it all, but I was kinda hoping for something that would work with a PDA so that I could log as I go and know where i am at through out the day.

thanks
    OMS

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    Crosstrainer 5 - awesome awesome program. It can also log your workouts, graphs, etc. Log your weights, measurements, etc - it does it all.

cool.. im gonna see if i can find that..

Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    Crosstrainer 5 - awesome awesome program. It can also log your workouts, graphs, etc. Log your weights, measurements, etc - it does it all.
    do you know if all the nutritional values are stored in the program or would i have to enter them.. because like I said there are times I eat at the hospital and am unsure as to its nutritional value

OMS

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSet
    do you know if all the nutritional values are stored in the program or would i have to enter them.. because like I said there are times I eat at the hospital and am unsure as to its nutritional value

OMS

many of the nutritional values of various foods are already there. I did enter some of my own, such as shakes, etc.

as far as what you are eating at the hospital, I have no idea what to tell you. You will have to guestimate as to what you ate and at what portions and plug them in.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    Dudes, you should take a look on download.com and download the software on a trial basis and then just ge the key or serial number off serialyard or astalavista or another site of that nature

cool guys.. thanks for the info

OMS

Thread Information