Thread: My cutting diet

cardiodan is offline Associate Member

My cutting diet

Whatsup everyone.
    I know I know, read the cutting sticky.
    But I like to eat my favorite clean foods, and Im picky so here goes, please critique.

Meal 1: I like to be slightly glycogen depleted for workout, I do cardio after, and I only have one carb meal a day. I work out at 5pm. I lose more fat this way I have noticed.

ON GEORGE FOREMAN GRILL
    1 can chicken breast 25g protein 125 cals
    2 slices brown bread 140 calories, 24g carbs low gi
    1/2 tbsp miracle whip
    Fresh Tomatoes and lettuce

ON GEORGE FOREMAN GRILL
    Meal 2:
    2 brown breads 140 calories, 24g carbs low gi
    1 can tuna 29g protein 150 cals
    Tomatoes, lettuce
    Mustard

Meal 3:
    1 can tuna or 1 can chicken (25-29g protein) 150 cals
    1 tbsp flax 120cals, 14g fats

Meal 4: POSTWORKOUT
    Dextrose,(15g) whey (40g) 180 cals plus dextrose not sure how much

Meal 5:
    Lean chicken breast or 1 can tuna (30g protein) 125 cals
    1 tbsp flax 120 cals, 14g fat

Meal 6: (I hate cottage cheese, im hoping to slow digestion with flax)
    60g protein from whey 270cals, 60g protein
    1 tbsp flax 120cals, 14g fats

BEDTIME
    No eca, workout 5x a week with cardio after weights (i lose more fat and dont have to get up in the am, very convenient too).
    8 hours sleep.
    209 g protein, 63g carbs, 28g fats from flax, ~1640 calories.

Im 200lbs 15%bf.
    I seem to need to eat more. But I think 1640 calories will be enough to cut, especially since Im working out 5x a week with cardio after weights, using postworkouts, frequent meals 1g protein a day, low gi carbs, good fats, and one cheat meal a week. Is this an ok diet?
    OF course, calories do not include dextrose's carb calories. Sometimes I use gatorade powder for the insulin spike.
    Last edited by cardiodan; 03-28-2005 at 09:18 PM.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    - Personally, I would drop the bread... you've got quite a bit there, and I dislike it while cutting... personal preferance. I advocate egg whites and oats... tried and true with myself and others.

- I would try to incorporate more greens like broccoli, cauliflower... I eat them in 2-3meals a day.....

- I know you're cutting, but I would still suggest maintaining a 2:1 ratio of dex to whey.... 80g dex, 40g whey PWO....

- Your PPWO meal should consist of Low GI Carbs, not fat...substiture the flax for some rice/yams/oats.....

- Also, I would increase your protein consumption over the course of the day, you want to shoot for around 1.5g/lb, so that would mean you would need to consume around 40g more over the day... so for your 2nd, 3rd, and 5th meal, I would suggest bumping it up to around 1.5-2cans vs. 1....

When are you doing your cardio? Are you downing your PWO shake beforehand? Or are you waiting til you're done to down it? Either way, it's not a great idea. You're either going to be performing cardio with your PWO shake in your stomach, or, you're going to be prolonging the time you wait before ingesting your PWO shake, which should be within the first 15mins............... I would suggest performing AM Cardio on an empty stomach... but to each his own.

That's just some ideas I noticed at first glance, and the things I would change if it were me........

How about to meal 5 I add brown rice andbroccolli
    and to ditch the flax.

And to meal 3 more broccolli and greens.

Also, get a bigger can of tuna twice for more protein in one meal that should up it to 40g more.

Ill up the dextrose.

Also, is it that detrmental to do cardio after weights? I dont have the convenience of doing it in the morning. I seem to lose fat great this way and I have experience doing it this way and it has worked great. Im just worried as to whether scientifically it is wrong.

Otherwise thanks for the input. Tell me where else im wrong, and thanks a bunch

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Miracle whip and brown bread?

U read the sticky huh?

On a serious note, one of the keys to cutting is cardio a.m. Even more-so crucial is NOT doing cardio after weights. Not only does that F with your anaerobic activity and results (weights), it does little to nothing for actual fat loss (aerobics). Seeing as one HAS to slam dextrose/whey after lifting to ensure lean mass preservation/gain (#1 importance in a physique) , you do this after stepping off the treadmill or cardio apparatus of your choice, you quickly blunt lipolysis and it's over.

~SC~

Jenseno9 is offline Member
    swole i can tell i can learn so much from you... I would have thought that lifted it would deplete your glycogen stores so that when you did your cardio you would be burning fat...then after your workout slam your PWO shake and everything would be great. Well im guessing you went to bed early tonight so that you can do your am cardio, i guess i am too so that i can do 45min of cardio before my 1040 class...

Ya, I was waiting on that answer too.
    In any case, wouldnt it be beneficial to reap the benefits of a 30minutes lipolysis session?
    Also, I started AM cardio today, but gym opens at 8, and I have class at 8-10:45, so I drank coffee and went to class and then hit morning cardio. I guess Ill do that from now on, and plus Im not a big morning person either. Well, I learn a lot from Mr. Swole cat and his ever expanding shoulders, Im getting an extra pair of muscle slabs for myself too, Im sure you find that funny.
    Anyway, I will see your reply soon. Don't be too harsh.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Have a fat/protein shake just before class at like 7:45 a.m. (Or you can drink it a few minutes into the class session)

Then bring your coffee to class w/you and consume that and/or your ECA or fat burning stack during class.

At 11:00 you can do cardio just as effectively as an a.m. session on E.

Get to it!

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 03-29-2005 at 05:12 PM.

Josey Wales is offline Associate Member
    I'm no diet expert, but it seems to me that the calories are a little low overall. Others have commented to good effect on the make up of the cals, but it seems to me that ~1600 cals is a bit too far below maintenance. If you are 200lb and 15% bf, you have 170lbs of LBM. If you are training relatively hard 5 or 6 days a week, maintenance calories should, I think, be about 3K per day, give or take a couple of hundred. But unless I've misread your post, your about 1400 cals below maintenacne. I would wonder whether your body would go into starvation mode and slow your metabolism way down.

Anybody else think that's possible?

Thread Information