kingmike1974 is offline Junior Member

Flabby while cutting

Refeed day and day after I feel filled out and good and about 2-3 days after my lower stomach is a loose blob of fat. I keep thinking that it is loose skin from where I was very over weight for years but my waist does get smaller when cutting. Does anyone have this issue? When I carb load I fill out and there is a little puch but being carb depleted makes it smaller but a flabby mess. It is also like that in my lower pec area.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    W/out pics it would be impossible to speculate, however it must be loose skin because you don't get fat in 2-3 days. Could be water retention below the loose skin too.

Again, w/out visual representation, words are just that.

~SC~

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmike1974
    Refeed day and day after I feel filled out and good and about 2-3 days after my lower stomach is a loose blob of fat. I keep thinking that it is loose skin from where I was very over weight for years but my waist does get smaller when cutting. Does anyone have this issue? When I carb load I fill out and there is a little puch but being carb depleted makes it smaller but a flabby mess. It is also like that in my lower pec area.
    The information that you provide is really good. I know you are around 30 and that you used to be fat.

How is your body fat now?

I used to be fat too. I will never be able to tighten my lower abs, but I can get them so that they are completely flat. I even get e decent washboard now, but the lowers dont show up, as they should. If I wanna do anything about it, I would have to get sugery, and honestly I would take the lose skin over the scar any day.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    that sounds depressing beenie. Have you tried thimocause or a gele containing hydrocortison(it makes the skin thinner so it should be more flexible) ???

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    that sounds depressing beenie. Have you tried thimocause or a gele containing hydrocortison(it makes the skin thinner so it should be more flexible) ???
    For me, its not really THAT depressing. I look better than 99% of the guys out there- a mirical at my age. For a lot of the guys in this board they started good habits when they were young and always worked out. These are the ones that I cant be like. While I haven't seen every board member, I suspect that even here I am in better shape than most. For getting the really really tight lower abs, I just don think that it can happen without surgery, the skin just won't go back.

I haven't tried hydrocotisone. I suppose it would be cheap enough and I have nothing to lose.

I have been fat for most of my life and have very lose skin on my abs. I have never been realy cut though so I dont know if it will thighten upp when I get to lower singel digit bf%. Let me know if you try the hydrocortisone bro.

I have been fat for most of my life and have very lose skin on my abs. I have never been realy cut though so I dont know if it will thighten upp when I get to lower singel digit bf%. Let me know if you try the hydrocortisone bro.
    For YOU there will be much less of a problem with your skin tightening. As long as you lose fat and keep adding muscle simetaneiously the skin goes back. For me, I am older than you are. As people age there is much less elasticity in the skin, hence my problem. In spite of my age, most of my skin tightened, just not the lower abs.

The other thing to keep in mind is that my lower abs are flat, you just cant see the underlying muscle that I can on the top part.

oki I hope so .
    Do you have any stretchmarks on the abdomen skin?

Cry0smate is offline Member
    Last year I had surprsingly good results with Prep H applied daily to my abdomen area. My skin tighted back up as I went from fat blob to lean.

Ass cream can do wonders

oki I hope so .
    Do you have any stretchmarks on the abdomen skin?
    I am not really sure what a stetch mark looks like. PM me with your email and I will send a pic.

I posted my pic on the board once, a few year back, and goot so much flack that I should gain more weight, I took the pic down. For me, I prefer the lean cut look. Since I no longer want to open myself up to public ridicule, let's just use the email. Okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Cry0smate
    Last year I had surprsingly good results with Prep H applied daily to my abdomen area. My skin tighted back up as I went from fat blob to lean.

Ass cream can do wonders
    I have hear this before, but there are a couple factors here: age and amount of weight lost. You were 27 last year - still pretty young.

Cry0smate is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    I have hear this before, but there are a couple factors here: age and amount of weight lost. You were 27 last year - still pretty young.
    True bro but I did go for a ride. I was up to 240, over 30% BF, lost it incorrectly so I had skinnier fat person disease. Then I started lifting, didn't eat right, lost weight TOO quickly and had some extra skin (nothing horrible) but annoying to say the least. Granted I'm cutting again now but the extra skin or loose skin isn't near the issue that it once was. The Prep truly did help shrink that excess tissue.

Just a suggestion anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Cry0smate
    True bro but I did go for a ride. I was up to 240, over 30% BF, lost it incorrectly so I had skinnier fat person disease. Then I started lifting, didn't eat right, lost weight TOO quickly and had some extra skin (nothing horrible) but annoying to say the least. Granted I'm cutting again now but the extra skin or loose skin isn't near the issue that it once was. The Prep truly did help shrink that excess tissue.

Just a suggestion anyway
    Doesn't cost me anything to try. Maybe I shall. I would hate to put the platic surgeons out of business though.

FYI- I started out at 285 lbs over 30%. Went down to 170, have been adding muscle since. Now around 190. bf% is aroun 10% where it has remained for about 5 years (I go between 8 and 13% now depending on how hard I am training a any given time).
    Last edited by beenie; 04-01-2005 at 05:08 AM.

Thread Information