Redrock20 is offline Junior Member

Finding the time to eat

Just wondering how those of you that work/attend college or both find the time to fit in enough meals so that you are getting adequate protein, carbs, and calories. This obviously doesn't apply to those of you that are cutting up[ and dont have to eat as much. I am referring mainly to those who are looking to gain weight, preferably (spelling?) not sloppy weight. I know a protein shake is a great quick way to get in a meal but does a protein shake really have the same value as whole foods? Any thoughts on this?

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    You gotta take food with you. Nuts and seeds are great to snack on, and easy to carry around. If you utilize a small cooler and tuperware, the possibilities are endless!!! You just need to put meals higher on your list of priorities.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yes, take food w/you.

As well, cutting or bulking, I still eat the same amount of times per day, so cutting is NO easier. If anything, it's harder because of the food that needs to be prepared.

~SC~

Jerzey is offline Member
    I spend anywhere from 2-3 hours sunday prepping everything. I cook for M-Wed. and then prep more stuff to cook Wed. night through the rest of the week.

I also put a dorm fridge in my office since I have a desk job Everyone there thinks I'm insane by the way, but it's the only way to diet right IMO. I keep bars on me (high protein/low carb and sugar) in case of an emergency (if I get stuck somewhere or run late, etc.)..

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerzey
    I spend anywhere from 2-3 hours sunday prepping everything. I cook for M-Wed. and then prep more stuff to cook Wed. night through the rest of the week.

I also put a dorm fridge in my office since I have a desk job Everyone there thinks I'm insane by the way, but it's the only way to diet right IMO. I keep bars on me (high protein/low carb and sugar) in case of an emergency (if I get stuck somewhere or run late, etc.)..
    i do the exact same thing. its all about preparation and being organized.

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    Which bars do you guys use?

Tried the myoplex carb sense? OMG!

Thread Information