Flex2winny is offline Associate Member

Could you help me with my PW nutrition

Meal at 3pm, train at 6pm, done at 7pm bed at 10pm..........how many meals/shakes and what would you do? CLEAN CLEAN bulk............6'2, 175 with about 10% bf

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    check out AndF6969's sticky at the top of the diet forum. Use the links he provides to calculate for your self.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, as I said in your other thread, check the stickies atop the page.

~SC~

Read them and studied them.........so, it appears as though if I finish my training at 6:30, a 50g whey and 5-=75g dext shake will follow immidiately. Then around 8 my solid meal should have about 30-40g of protein and 40-50 carbs.........do I include fat in this meal, or should I go just fiberous carbs and some peanut butter? (Chicken, peanut butter, veggies) and then hit the sack at 930? Would you toss in another casein shake or is that an overflow? Much thanks.

Two meals in that time-frame after training is more than enough.

~SC~

2 meaning, one at 630 as dex/whey and the next being fat/pro at 8:00pm?

No, two meaning two post-workout meals.

~SC~

How would you time it though? I only have about 3.5 hours max from the end of my training -

630 - whey/dex
    730 - pro/carb (chicken and rice, or tuna on whole wheat)
    900 - Casein shake?? With almonds?
    930 - Bed

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    You don't need to Casein and Almonds just stick to 2 meals PWO, PWO and PPWO both Pro/carb. Not a good idea to add fat when insulin is elevated.

Boy, I'm not sure about that call..........there are many different opinions on that.........one might say you don't need another dose of carbs when all you are doing is sleeping while the fats would absorb and slow down the protein release....it's pro/fat...not carbs/fat.......I don't like the idea of starch carbs before bed, my .02. BUT....I could be swayed...........any opinions?

What do I know, I've only been in biz for over 4 years.

I'd lift a tad later, then have pwo1 at about 7, then pwo2 at about 8:15-8:30 or so, and that is it!! You DO need another "dose" of carbs, because you have performed an activity that demands you replinish muscle glycogen and aid repair. Yes, you must make sure that your PWO1 and PWO2 are correct amout wise for your goals, but that is why you have to do your homework.

Adding another meal with FAT surely ain't gonna help you out, and will only serve to give you too much energy (kcals) before bed.

As I said though, what do I know?

I now leave this thread with what I have offered for you to decide.

~SC~

Dude you're eating Carbs in two meals post Workout, and you want to add fat after that??? You don't think your insulin levels will be raised?? 2 meals after your workout will be more than enough. Why don't you like the idea of carbs before bed, You just worked out correct???

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

I'd lift a tad later, then have pwo1 at about 7, then pwo2 at about 8:15-8:30 or so, and that is it!! You DO need another "dose" of carbs, because you have performed an activity that demands you replinish muscle glycogen and aid repair. Yes, you must make sure that your PWO1 and PWO2 are correct amout wise for your goals, but that is why you have to do your homework.

Adding another meal with FAT surely ain't gonna help you out, and will only serve to give you too much energy (kcals) before bed.

~SC~
    Makes complete sense and I will give it a go.........I wasnt agruing, just tryring to understand..........are you saying whey/dex at 630 and then the meal at 7, or skip the shake? What do you guys have for your 2 PW meals? Assuming something realitively easy to digest, eh?

Simply put.....Workout, then have PWO shake....Then about an hour to and hour and a half later have your PPWO meal and then go to bed and dream about banging some really hot chick, its as easy as that.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~
    Makes complete sense and I will give it a go.........I wasnt agruing, just tryring to understand..........are you saying whey/dex at 630 and then the meal at 7, or skip the shake? What do you guys have for your 2 PW meals? Assuming something realitively easy to digest, eh?

See..that's what I thought.......but I thought SC was suggesting 2 MEALS........

Technically a PWO Shake is considered a meal.

Use this thread for your questions, no need to have 4500000000 other threads conjuring up the same thing.

We like to remain clutter free!

~SC~

sorry bro...you are right.no need to clog.

Ok, so if my training is completed at 630 with bed at 9:30, do I ditch the fats the rest of the night? WOuld it more benefital to have a meal right after training (passing on the shake) and then a shake before bed? Any help would be appreciated!

WOuld it be bad to consume just two shaes after training and before bed?

One being the typical pw shake

the other being a blend of oats and casein before bed.............same as a meal, just liquidfied....yield same results??

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Don't make this more complicated than it is. When we say meals we mean anything you eat liquid or solid. Workout, down your PWO shake of whey and dex, then eat a pro/carb meal and go to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    Don't make this more complicated than it is. When we say meals we mean anything you eat liquid or solid. Workout, down your PWO shake of whey and dex, then eat a pro/carb meal and go to bed.
    Good God thank you!!!!!!

~SC~

Thread Information