Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 32 of 32
  1. #1
    steve0's Avatar
    steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,995

    stayin swole?? with food

    aight guys i been dieting forever, just like most of you, trying to stay lean most of the time, my question is after a cheat meal you know how you swell up and you can benchpress a boat and squat a 18 wheeler form the overload of carbs and sugars and fats you basiclly reefeed your self, well how do i stay like that all the time i love that swole feeling is there a way to maintain that without eating shit food, here is my diet so you guys know what im eating, also my cheat meal falls on sunday


    1-1scoop whey/efa's

    2-9eggwhites/ 1/2 cup oats

    3-tuna/PB

    PWO--2 sccopwhey/80g's dex

    4-8oz meat/ 2/3 cup rice/ 2 cup veggies

    5-same as 4 without rice/ add efa's

    6-2 scoop whey/ efa's

  2. #2
    xtinaunasty's Avatar
    xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in your dreams
    Posts
    1,381
    i dont think thats enough for you...no wonder your starving!!

  3. #3
    lucabratzi's Avatar
    lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    ny/florida
    Posts
    4,111
    basically the same exact diet as mine right now...i know what u mean after that cheat meal feeling. but i think that is just goin to happen after ur cheat meals and fade during the next few days, i havnt found a way to keep that feeling of "strength and thickness"

  4. #4
    Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    497
    no joke when I say my fiance eats more than that in terms of cals....she's about 5'6, 120lbs max.....and very fit.

  5. #5
    steve0's Avatar
    steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,995
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    i dont think thats enough for you...no wonder your starving!!



    im not starving, that diet hits around 2500 and im freakin gaining weight off it unfreakinbeleivble

  6. #6
    steve0's Avatar
    steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex2winny
    no joke when I say my fiance eats more than that in terms of cals....she's about 5'6, 120lbs max.....and very fit.

    dude not to bash you but i have had to fix a few of ur diets in the past

  7. #7
    steve0's Avatar
    steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,995
    Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    basically the same exact diet as mine right now...i know what u mean after that cheat meal feeling. but i think that is just goin to happen after ur cheat meals and fade during the next few days, i havnt found a way to keep that feeling of "strength and thickness"


    it's a great feeling right bruh, i dunno how to keep it either avreyone is bashing me on cals the diet im on hit's around 2650 , 300-pro,-141carb, 55-fat

  8. #8
    Jakspro's Avatar
    Jakspro is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sooner
    Posts
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    im not starving, that diet hits around 2500 and im freakin gaining weight off it unfreakinbeleivble

    Wow... that is "unfreakinbelievble" and you weigh 170-200??

    I sat at 173 and hardly gained at 3200 then adjusted and over shot, gained too much and now i sit at 3400 gaining about a LB a week...

    Work with your carb intake to get that feelin your lookin for... Just experiment for a few weeks and then see what works for you

  9. #9
    Lavinco's Avatar
    Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    901 N 2nd St Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,633
    yeah I dont shove food down my throat either. I just increase my protein intake over my carbs and fat for bulking and it works great for me.

  10. #10
    xtinaunasty's Avatar
    xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in your dreams
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    im not starving, that diet hits around 2500 and im freakin gaining weight off it unfreakinbeleivble
    how much tuna and PB do you have in meal 3? what kind of protein do you take? how many efa's?

    cuz that looks kinda like the diet i got right now (maybe one less meal, and less in the PWO) and im sitting at 1500 cals.

    it really doesnt seem like you're eating 2500 maybe its just me

  11. #11
    mitch911 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    856
    i think its beacuase u are low on carbs for the whole week ..makin u carb depleted come the day before u have a cheat meal and when u injest all those carbs in that cheat day u get to store 2x the amount of carbs in the muscles do to being depleted...but yeaino what u mean by its an awesome feeling because i look forward to this day for that reason too besides eating my fav foods..i sometimes throw in a cheat meal a few hours before my leg workout on this day u utilize this pump..dont think u can keep it going just as strong as i have cheated mad a week straight and just looked ass ugly come the end of the week 2x heavier gut bloated faced bloated basically shit..i assume AAS will give u this constant pump lol

  12. #12
    steve0's Avatar
    steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakspro
    Wow... that is "unfreakinbelievble" and you weigh 170-200??

    I sat at 173 and hardly gained at 3200 then adjusted and over shot, gained too much and now i sit at 3400 gaining about a LB a week...

    Work with your carb intake to get that feelin your lookin for... Just experiment for a few weeks and then see what works for you


    weigh'n at 190, yeah i'll mess with my carb intake a bit,

  13. #13
    steve0's Avatar
    steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,995
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    how much tuna and PB do you have in meal 3? what kind of protein do you take? how many efa's?

    cuz that looks kinda like the diet i got right now (maybe one less meal, and less in the PWO) and im sitting at 1500 cals.

    it really doesnt seem like you're eating 2500 maybe its just me


    meal 3---6oz tuna/2tbls PB or sometimes i'll use 1 tbls oliveoil

    my shake protein is whey it run's 120cal's per scoop

  14. #14
    xtinaunasty's Avatar
    xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in your dreams
    Posts
    1,381
    yeah i guess that is close to 2500...hmm. have you tried adding more whole food in place of the whey in the 1st and 6th meal? more nutrients=more energy

    but i think its just dieting in general that makes you feel this way. i hope you dont diet like this all year...?

  15. #15
    steve0's Avatar
    steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,995
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    yeah i guess that is close to 2500...hmm. have you tried adding more whole food in place of the whey in the 1st and 6th meal? more nutrients=more energy

    but i think its just dieting in general that makes you feel this way. i hope you dont diet like this all year...?


    i dont diet like this extreme all year, but i do eat pretty clean most of the year

  16. #16
    xtinaunasty's Avatar
    xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in your dreams
    Posts
    1,381
    thats good...i did a real strict cutting diet for like 6 months without a cheat and my metabolism is still fuked from it. but i cant stop dieting cuz then i will blow up like a blowfish...so im kinda stuck. just wanted to make sure you didnt make the same mistake.

  17. #17
    steve0's Avatar
    steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,995
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    thats good...i did a real strict cutting diet for like 6 months without a cheat and my metabolism is still fuked from it. but i cant stop dieting cuz then i will blow up like a blowfish...so im kinda stuck. just wanted to make sure you didnt make the same mistake.


    i have made that mistake before as well it sucks

  18. #18
    xtinaunasty's Avatar
    xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in your dreams
    Posts
    1,381
    how'd you get out of it?

  19. #19
    steve0's Avatar
    steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,995
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    how'd you get out of it?

    you basiclly gotta restart, just hit the reset button and take a break from eating so damn clean, there two otions that i have found that work, either just eat normal for about 40 days or have 1 " cheat meal perday " not anything greasy or carby or fatty just something normal like a burger one day then the next day have subway for lunch on chik-fli-A you dont have to go to extrems you may gain a little weight back, but right now your stuck in a rut and it dosnt matter how long you rock the truck it aint moving, i would ask SC or giantz or G-force to get a some better opionions before you make a move or change you eating pattern, let me know what they say if you,,Ok

  20. #20
    xtinaunasty's Avatar
    xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    in your dreams
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    you basiclly gotta restart, just hit the reset button and take a break from eating so damn clean, there two otions that i have found that work, either just eat normal for about 40 days or have 1 " cheat meal perday " not anything greasy or carby or fatty just something normal like a burger one day then the next day have subway for lunch on chik-fli-A you dont have to go to extrems you may gain a little weight back, but right now your stuck in a rut and it dosnt matter how long you rock the truck it aint moving, i would ask SC or giantz or G-force to get a some better opionions before you make a move or change you eating pattern, let me know what they say if you,,Ok
    thanks steve...ill probably start a thread this week. guess ill have to bite the bullet and gain a little weight. its winter so now is as good a time as any.

  21. #21
    collar's Avatar
    collar is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,192
    i know what you guys are talking bout...
    im currently having my cheat day today god dammmmmmmmmm i feel great..
    my first cheat day ever..
    after four weeks of dieting my cheat day today i feel like a horse
    a bloated horse
    feel so good and so big tho..........

  22. #22
    steve0's Avatar
    steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,995
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    thanks steve...ill probably start a thread this week. guess ill have to bite the bullet and gain a little weight. its winter so now is as good a time as any.

    yea, start one up im intereated to see some respose's it would be good twhat to do because i have many friends that suffer from this problem for some reason a cheat meal a week dosnt seem to do the trick

  23. #23
    jdh's Avatar
    jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    big denver, CO
    Posts
    400
    hey bro, go to the bulking sticky and use the spreadsheet to calculate your calories. im not sure how big you are but thats not alot of food. im currently 6'3'' 228 and im eating about 4500 cals a day and my gains are slowing at that much. if you want to have bigger fuller muscles all the time you got to have your muscle glycogen filled and that requires carbs. like i said go to the bulking sticky and go from there.

  24. #24
    lucabratzi's Avatar
    lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    ny/florida
    Posts
    4,111
    Quote Originally Posted by jdh
    hey bro, go to the bulking sticky and use the spreadsheet to calculate your calories. im not sure how big you are but thats not alot of food. im currently 6'3'' 228 and im eating about 4500 cals a day and my gains are slowing at that much. if you want to have bigger fuller muscles all the time you got to have your muscle glycogen filled and that requires carbs. like i said go to the bulking sticky and go from there.
    im pretty sure he's cutting not bulking, right steveo?...

  25. #25
    ya_man's Avatar
    ya_man is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    502
    hey Steve,
    when u say efa's, do u just mean like efa supplement like fish oils and omega's?....or....?? something like almonds...etc

  26. #26
    steve0's Avatar
    steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,995
    Quote Originally Posted by ya_man
    hey Steve,
    when u say efa's, do u just mean like efa supplement like fish oils and omega's?....or....?? something like almonds...etc

    either or i either use flaxoil,peanutbutter,Almonds,oliveoil,fishoil,for my fats

  27. #27
    Jakspro's Avatar
    Jakspro is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sooner
    Posts
    831
    How much are you gaining from that diet--Per Week? Noticeable, or just slightly more than maintenance?

    Are you Bulking/Cutting/Maintaining.... Or?

  28. #28
    steve0's Avatar
    steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,995
    trying to maintain once i figuer out how to keep the swole feeling "look" then i'll decide which way to go i just got done leaning out a few months back i had a 8 pack fo about 4 months i dont think my body wants to go lean again for awhile so i my just bulk prolly the best idea

  29. #29
    steve0's Avatar
    steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,995
    my buddy told me i should be hittin around 250 carbs a day instead o what i'v been doing sound right to you guys

  30. #30
    lucabratzi's Avatar
    lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    ny/florida
    Posts
    4,111
    yeah if ur tryin to bulk then yeah 250 is descent, but if u want that swole feeling bulk up again, then cut that way u'll of gained some more musle weight...

  31. #31
    steve0's Avatar
    steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,995
    Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    yeah if ur tryin to bulk then yeah 250 is descent, but if u want that swole feeling bulk up again, then cut that way u'll of gained some more musle weight...

    yeah im woking on a leanbulk diet rigt now i'll post when done

  32. #32
    jdh's Avatar
    jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    big denver, CO
    Posts
    400
    yeah bro, if you want to feel "swole" then bulk cause if your going on a low carb cutter you arent going to have the muscle fullness with the abscence of carbs.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •