Thread: Weight stall

DrunkenTiger is offline New Member

Weight stall

I've been on a diet starting this year. I've lost about 6 lbs so far. But my weight have been hovering around 160 for about a month now. I've working out for about 2 years.

I work out about 4 days and run 2-3 times a week. The run is usually about 4-5 miles in 40 - 50 mins.

My typical diet:
    am: Total cereal with nonfat milk. green tea
    before lunch: a fat free yogurt.
    lunch: 6 inch subway turkey sandwich.
    afternoon: an apple.
    before work out: flaxseed oil, some carb like 1 slice of peanut butter bread.
    post workout: protein shake. rice, meat

what should I be doing to keep losing the weight?

beenie is offline Senior Member
    What is your bf% and where do you want to take it? Based on what you describe you should be emaciated. Doesn't sound to me as though you are taking in enough calories to feed a bird, but if you can do it, good for you.

Are you one of these guys that is 6% bf that wants to be 5%? Tell the truth.

I just read your profile. You say you are 5'11" weigh 160 and are 20% bf? Its kind of hard to believe, given the fact you dont eat and that you say you are running 5 miles a day. Something doesn't add up to me.

If you are SURE this is the case, I would seriously consider hitting the weights. Start out with a knowlegable trainer and ask him to show you free weights. Also ask him to run another bf analysis!

I've been lifting weights for about 2 years now. I probably know more how to properly work out then most of the trainer at my 24 hours fitness. I look soft around my chest. I want the cut look. I am pretty happy with my arms and shoulders, but they could look little more cut.

I run only three times a week, not everyday.

Yor are still doing a lot. I have a couple thoughts. Firstly, with your weight training, if you are not doing it already you probably want to go with pretty heavy weight, which is to say on yor last set of each exersise you should probably only be able to do 6-8 reps. If you can do more, you should probably try to increase the weight. I say this because its a good way to add size, which helps give you more of a cut look.

Secondly, with respect to you diet, is that REALLY all you are eating or is there stuff you are leaving out? If that is really all you are eating, given the low amount of calories you are taking in, your body just may be resistent to giving up fat. You may be a good candidate for low carb. You are eating a lot of carbs in your diet and reducung them and replacing the carbs with protien sorces will help you in two ways. Furst it will help you build new muscle, and secondly the carbs which you take in and don't burn turn to sugar, and then fat, so they are counter productive. PM me and I can describe a couple ways for you to take down your carbs.

Thirdly, assuming you want to do what I am describing, you may also want to add ECA stacks to help boost your motabolism. I do them 2 weeks on two weeks off and I have pretty low bf%.

Thanks beenie,

I do have a cheat day on Saturday, where I usually eat a hamburger or pizza or something.

When I work out, I also try to go heavy and try to fail on the last couple of sets. I am on creatine cycle. It's been about a month, I plan to get off it at the end of this month.

I've heard this ECA stacks everywhere, but what exactly is it? Is it a fatburner? I am hesitant to take any fatburner just because I don't know the side effect and I am trying to be natural as possible.

Thread Information