Juicy Sauce is offline Member

Question whey protein VS meat protein

I have a question about whey protein. i read a post that said u will get better gains from protein sorces like meat, eggs, etc. than from whey. why is that? i would like to eat only whey as my protein source but not if chicken, etc is better for the muscle. please tell me what will happen if i only eat whey as my protein source? also is whey isolate much better than concentrate? and why?

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    your test levels will be higher if you eat more red meats and you get more nutrients...steak also has good amounts of creatine...as far as isolate being more absorbable its true but not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    your test levels will be higher if you eat more red meats and you get more nutrients...steak also has good amounts of creatine...as far as isolate being more absorbable its true but not by much.
    ok, so thats the only diff? so i should be fine if i only eat whey as protein source?
    thanks for the reply

jeff74 is offline New Member
    I Would not suggest just taking in whey protein. Foods are way more nutrient dense and the protein u get out of whole foods is way better than whey protein. If i had a choice i would eat whole food protein and take in no whey. But buying that much food can be expensive. You should mix it up and take two servings daily of whey ,,maybe even three..but also mix it up with real protein sources like meat chicken eggs...You will get much better results if u eat as much whole food protein than just whey. Whey is designed to get in ur system fast..hence after a workout..or between meals. They design these whey products to help get ur daily protein in but u should still eat meats..Why dont u want to eat meat for your protein source. Are you a vegitarian?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff74
    I Would not suggest just taking in whey protein. Foods are way more nutrient dense and the protein u get out of whole foods is way better than whey protein. If i had a choice i would eat whole food protein and take in no whey. But buying that much food can be expensive. You should mix it up and take two servings daily of whey ,,maybe even three..but also mix it up with real protein sources like meat chicken eggs...You will get much better results if u eat as much whole food protein than just whey. Whey is designed to get in ur system fast..hence after a workout..or between meals. They design these whey products to help get ur daily protein in but u should still eat meats..Why dont u want to eat meat for your protein source. Are you a vegitarian?
    im not a vegitarian. i just really like my shakes. better than real food now. whats the problem with having ur body digest the whey faster? is it because eating chicken is like time release?

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    whey only stays in your system for 1.5hours so you need to refeed more often to keep your metabolism going....meat protein digest slower so you stay anabolic longer.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Powders are an awesome way to go. Quick, fast, and better than real food in some cases. Of course you need real food as well, but you can grow a quality body with whey powder as most of your diet.

Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    Powders are an awesome way to go. Quick, fast, and better than real food in some cases. Of course you need real food as well, but you can grow a quality body with whey powder as most of your diet.
    i do have 3 shakes a day mind you but only to "supplement" my real food intake...i feel you are correct though in stating that whey can be better in some cases due to the fact that it's pure and it's very convienient and you know exactly what is going in your body (unlike some processed foods or protein bars)

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    i do have 3 shakes a day mind you but only to "supplement" my real food intake...i feel you are correct though in stating that whey can be better in some cases due to the fact that it's pure and it's very convienient and you know exactly what is going in your body (unlike some processed foods or protein bars)

This is the shake i have 4 to 5 times a day.

The LB 500

500ml chocolate milk

1 cup raw oats

2 scoops vitalus inpro 80 whey

Put all in a blender, mix on liquefy. Chug it back!

Calories: 881

Protein: 75.3g

Fat: 14.6g

Carbs: 111g

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    You BEAST!!!

The LB 500

500ml chocolate milk

1 cup raw oats

that's just fcuking insane!!! made me hungry (and i just ate an hour ago)

The LB 500!! hahhahahah, thats awesome you named your own shake dude. anyway it looks nice. thats a lot of sugar carbs but **** it im an ecto, it looks nice

marcus_arillius is offline Junior Member
    I find that if I don't take shakes and try to eat whole foods I start to loss that gultimine pump that I get from shakes. but I also find that If I start to eat too many shake a day my body doesn't seem to absorb the protein as well. I start to see that when I have a shake and half hour later my a.s.s. starts to sing for an hour...lol.

Maybe whole food are broken down slower and protien can be used as the body needs it and Shake are already in liquid form so the body has all this ready available protein that it may not need in one shot.

damn my girl hates it when I have a exta large shake before bed cuz I'm make music all night....lol

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by spittin' 'n cussin'
    The LB 500!! hahhahahah, thats awesome you named your own shake dude. anyway it looks nice. thats a lot of sugar carbs but **** it im an ecto, it looks nice
    Yeah, it's not for cutting. Make sure you use 2% milk or the oats wont suspend.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus_arillius
    Maybe whole food are broken down slower and protien can be used as the body needs it and Shake are already in liquid form so the body has all this ready available protein that it may not need in one shot.
    The oats slow down the absorption rate of the protein. You can also throw some peanut butter in the shake, and that will slow it down even more. This way, you can use the shake more as an MRP.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus_arillius
    I find that if I don't take shakes and try to eat whole foods I start to loss that gultimine pump that I get from shakes. but I also find that If I start to eat too many shake a day my body doesn't seem to absorb the protein as well. I start to see that when I have a shake and half hour later my a.s.s. starts to sing for an hour...lol.

damn my girl hates it when I have a exta large shake before bed cuz I'm make music all night....lol
    dawg i dunno what you are talkinga bout....nothing pumps up my arms more than real food especially my favorite cheat meal wendy's spicy chicken sandwhich with large fries...i get insane pumped off that for my ppwo...but unfortunately my stomach get a good pump too

Exclamation

The LB 500

500ml chocolate milk
    1 cup raw oats

sweet shake bro. cant wait to try the "LB 500". now im gona be mixing oats and bran into all types of shiz. good idea. thanks

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff74
    id disagree with not taking in whey in liquid form at all. true you need whole foods to be a larger part of your diet and i myself find eating red meat at least once a day keeps my muscle fuller. but the fact that whey will only take an hour to 2 to digest doesnt mean much since all of us who want to gain mass should be eating every 2 to three hours a day anyway. plus if your adding fat into it to make it a pro/fat meal the fat is going to slow down the absorbtion rate as well. i dont know about the rest of you but im currently bulking and i have to eat 8 meals a day to get in the proper calories and 3 to 4 of those are in liquid form including my first pwo. theres no way i could eat 8 whole food meals a day and still get in as many calories as i need. so whey powder is crucial in a bodybuilding diet but with that being said dont drink 6 or 7 a day, mix it up.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    As long as you alternate solid/liquid you should be fine.

~SC~

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    As long as you alternate solid/liquid you should be fine.

~SC~

I know you be gettin huge off the LB 500

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

~SC~

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    If you look at protein quality alone whey is superior to meat in every aspect. Whey is also richer in minerals like calcium.

But there is more to meat then just protein. B vitamins for instance, iron ect.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    If you look at protein quality alone whey is superior to meat in every aspect. Whey is also richer in minerals like calcium.

But there is more to meat then just protein. B vitamins for instance, iron ect.
    TRUE THAT JOHAN...whey protein is far more absorbable than meat protein...but i do love meat protein because of all the nutrients which is why i like to take an amino acid supplement with all the essential and branch chained amino acids just before every meal to help with protein synthesis...hell when bulking (ive already said this before) i add a scoop of whey to almost everymeal.

Thread Information