jport1540 is offline Associate Member

Post Anyone willing to help me with my diet?

I am 20 years old, 5'9",175lbs, roughly 13% BF. I would like to get down to 10% BF atleast.I am trying to cut 15lbs, while retaing the most muscle possible. Is anyone willing to help me write a diet to help me cut?

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by jport1540
    I am 20 years old, 5'9",175lbs, roughly 13% BF. I would like to get down to 10% BF atleast.I am trying to cut 15lbs, while retaing the most muscle possible. Is anyone willing to help me write a diet to help me cut?
    You want to go down to 160lbs ? Why ?

cause i have a lot of excess fat around my stomach. I want to be able to see my abs. Plus I wanna cut cut fat from the rest of my body to give myself a more cut look.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    check out the cutting sticky thread up top and formulate a diet then we can critique it.

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    Stop lookin at the friggin scale bro...

Don't set an amount of weight to lose... if you want to set something, get a BF caliper and use that as a basis, then stop cutting when you drop 3% from the basis.

Why you want to be such a low weight, I have no idea. I remember Swole talking about this in an article once(maybe post). Something titled "Shutup"

You are not going to find piles of muscle underneathe that flab... even if you do have a successful cut.

You will just be skinny.

Quote Originally Posted by tretch187

Don't set an amount of weight to lose... if you want to set something, get a BF caliper and use that as a basis, then stop cutting when you drop 3% from the basis.

Why you want to be such a low weight, I have no idea. I remember Swole talking about this in an article once(maybe post). Something titled "Shutup"

You are not going to find piles of muscle underneathe that flab... even if you do have a successful cut.

You will just be skinny.
    Well you are saying what I was thinking but everyone wants to look a certain way and maybe 160lbs looks good to him

I predict that 160lbs would leave me at about 10%, as that is my goal. Im trying not to focus on the scale, but its the only guide I can use since I do not own a caliper. Though perhaps it would be a good idea to invest in one.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by tretch187

You will just be skinny.
    Obviously you have something against using a scale to weigh oneself, but it is also a way to stay on track along with looking in the mirror and having your BF% tested..to say that you should not use a scale is your opinion but it can be a good instrument in determining if you are on track etc...obviously if you get on the scale and you weigh 190lbs and then a week later weigh 185...you know you are doing something wrong as that is most likely more than fat being lost.

I will agree with you that it should not be the only tool used....

I personally use a scale and the mirror most often as i am unable to get my BF% read due to lack of $$$..i am currently around 10% BF

Thanks for the suggestion. I will start to use the mirror,scale,and caliper. Is there any other way of determining if my BF% is going down? Also, around what
    BF% can I expect to see my abs begin to show?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Just a suggestion: Take a pic of yourself. Post it on the board if you like and we'll help you figure out your bodyfat %. Don't worry bro I'm not hitting on you. Hey pics can even serve as a great motivational tool.

As for your diet, knowledge is key. Tons of good information available for free in this forum. Stickies are a good starting point.

Here are some pics, I appreciate any suggestions (other than getting a tan for my white a#%... )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone willing to help me with my diet?-img_1278.jpg   Anyone willing to help me with my diet?-img_1279.jpg   Anyone willing to help me with my diet?-img_1280.jpg   Anyone willing to help me with my diet?-img_1281.jpg   Anyone willing to help me with my diet?-img_1284.jpg  

Thread Information