Juicy Sauce is offline Member

Exclamation better food absorbtion!

Just thought i would share this with u guys. after a big meal, i want to absorb all the food. i put an electric heating patch on my stomach for 30 min. this brings lots of blood to my stomach which increases the amount of food it will absorb. sounds crazy but it works.

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    i'm not flaming i'm just curious as to what your basing this on. how do you know you're absorbing more food...? just wondering

chest6 is offline Banned
    Um. I have no idea..maybe?

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy Sauce
    but it works.
    proof???

chest6 is offline Banned
    im thinking placebo here

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    ROFLMFAO!!!!

~SC~

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Absorption takes place in your intestines.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    sounds crazy
    That is about the only accurate statement.

~SC~

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    I would like to see some Real studies on this.. I know when I eat too much I can put a heating pad on my poor old tummy and it makes me feel better but it does not make me absorb more food.

As noted above your body takes in its nutrients in the intestines not the stomach and as far as I know a heating pad is only going to raise the temperature of your skin and maybe a think layer of muscle and fat so it would not even raise your Core body temp by simply layout a heating pad on it.

Not to flame bro but this does sound more than "crazy" it just does not sound feasible.

Oldman

ok. dont try it then

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    hahaha, but I want to!

ok. dont try it then

Bro don't take things the wrong way no one believe Christopher Columbus when he said the world was round so he proved them wrong. I am no expert but just like everyone else we are asking how do you know you are absorbing more food? what is it based on?

If there is a secret I want to know about.

Oldman

i base it on how much i eat, weight gain, and amount excreated. i spoke to a doctor and he confirmed that a heating patch over the abdominal area will definitely increase blood flow to the vital organs including the intestines. he said it may or may not increase absorbtion of food but increased blood flow to the vital organs cant be a bad thing.

and to swolecat: now that your finished laughing, do you have anything constructive to say?

i base it on how much i eat, weight gain, and amount excreated. i spoke to a doctor and he confirmed that a heating patch over the abdominal area will definitely increase blood flow to the vital organs including the intestines. he said it may or may not increase absorbtion of food but increased blood flow to the vital organs cant be a bad thing.

It is an interesting concept at the very least and I guess I say if it works for you bro keep doing it.

is that why i get so drunk when im out in the sun by the pool? better beer absorption? SOUNDS CRAZY MAN

and to swolecat: now that your finished laughing, do you have anything constructive to say?
    so basically you still have no proof that it helps increase.... no offense man, just sounds ridiculous

and btw.. careful on the second part

I'm thinking someone hasn't been informed of STS... its lethal

Quote Originally Posted by hawktribal
    I'm thinking someone hasn't been informed of STS... its lethal

Flexor is offline Banned
    Believe it or not, your gut is already designed with absorption in mind. The microvilli on the villi, are packed with capillaries throughout your small intestine. Because of the microvilli processes and the length of the gut, there is a huge surface area for absorption and this is the main factor. When you eat, blood flow automatically increases to the gut.

You won't be able to increase blood flow to the villi just by increasing the blood flow to the surface of the skin. The gut is encased within the thoracic cavity. The mesentery artery supplies blood to the gut and the amount of blood that flows through there is dictated by cardiac output. So unless you have a magical procedure which is going to lengthen your gut, you can't increase absorption artificially...
    Last edited by Flexor; 12-25-2005 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Believe it or not, your gut is already designed with absorption in mind. The microvilli on the villi, are packed with capillaries throughout your small intestine. Because of the microvilli processes and the length of the gut, there is a huge surface area for absorption and this is the main factor. When you eat, blood flow automatically increases to the gut.

You won't be able to increase blood flow to the villi just by increasing the blood flow to the surface of the skin. The gut is encased within the thoracic cavity. The mesentery artery supplies blood to the gut and the amount of blood that flows through there is dictated by cardiac output. So unless you have a magical procedure which is going to lengthen your gut, you can't increase absorption artificially...
    so what ur saying is nothing will increase the absorbtion of food? what about aas? high fiber diet? dietary enzimes? there are many things that can increase the absorbtion of food bro. even smoking weed (im not saying its healthy).

Flexor is offline Banned
    so what ur saying is nothing will increase the absorbtion of food? what about aas? high fiber diet? dietary enzimes? there are many things that can increase the absorbtion of food bro. even smoking weed (im not saying its healthy).
    Enzymes and fibre levels are natural variations within the body. I have no idea about weed and AAS though, if it increases absorption and its been proven, then it does. Basically what I'm saying is, you don't really need to try to increase absorption. Your body will absorb all it needs in its own time and that isn't a problem for most people.

Thread Information