Kurz is offline Member

Fruits and Breads -

For me, at this stage, if it aint nailed down, it's fair game.....learned that the hard way, but it's working. For others, there is always 3 topics that get trashed day in a day out. Post workout nutrition (im not going there), fruits (good or bad) and bread.

The later being fruits and bread, why do people refrain from these? Good orgainc bread has a lower GI that many, many complex carbs, with pasta being one of the LOWEST...yet these are often neglected. Yet so easy to repair.

Fruits - do they really have any positive bodybuilding proerties asdie from calories and a few vtamins one can get from a multi vitamin?

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    I have seen many successful cutting programs that involve fruits in some way. Most of the time, it is a small piece of fruit consumed with carbohydrate meals. You see it most of the time in carb cycling diets on "High Carb" days. However, some non-carb cyclin diets use it as well, although I can't remember for sure where they place it, etc

Here is a quote from a Carb Cycle at Avant Labs:

"HIGH CARB DAY

On your high carb day, four of the meals (three if you are only eating five meals) can have as much carbohydrates (yes, they must also be from the approved list – we love lists) as you like. But remember, you must eat the minimum amount of protein at each meal as discussed above. So for you carb gluttons out there, you might want to make sure you eat your protein source before truly loading up on those carbs first. Also, each one of those meals must include a small piece of fruit (again, a requirement before downing enough other carbs to the point of no return). Almost any fruit will do (save bananas, kiwis, avocado, and other very high calorie or high fat fruits). We are looking for a small serving of fresh fruit, say between 50 and 100 calories worth. The fructose from fruit will help keep liver glycogen stores full and keep your body in the fed state as opposed to starvation-mode. And, if only consumed in small amounts, is not likely to spill over into adipose."

BTW. Are you JKurz from Elite?

Curious...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Probably is the same guy, as Elite is shit-canned.

Just hope that he doesn't decide to be as rude here as he was at Elite, or he won't last long here.

~SC~

Kurz is offline Member
    just did a search on "elite" and not sure what you are referring to? "Kurz" is short for my last name....nothing more? How did I offend?

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont get fruit. how can it refill liver but not muscle? its very strange. i dont eat much of it.

Kurz is offline Member
    A dude who will eventually turn pro from our aread (we hope and it looks good, as he's been cruising thorugh some pretty big events) swears by bananas in the offseason. Actually told me he consumes 6 a day minimum and stated a bunch of facts to support his theory,other than easy to digest cals like reduces water,etc.....I drop them when cutting, but when you think that apples are lower in GI than oats, refraining totally seems unnecessary. Also, organic ww bread is a fantastic carb source in my opinion., I could do without a lot of food forever, but I need a few bagels or pieces of bread every day to keep me sane.

Thread Information