Steve is offline Associate Member

Question about protein

My protein drink has 43g per serving. Ive heard that the body can only absorb about 25g at once. Is this true? Am i wasting my time using this drink and should take only 25g at a time?? help im confussed

Bodine6 is offline Junior Member
    Good question, I would like some opinions too. But I think you can absorb more after a workout. I also think you can take that much but you will probably end up on the pot for a while. You just have to test your body and see how much it can handle.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    this needs to be moved from the steroid question forum..not really sure if its a diet ? or general ? or supplement ? tho..lol

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    thanks d3m3nt3d

That is just a myth that has been said so many times that now it is presented and accepted as a fact. That's BS. Now obviously you can't just start out at say....50-60g of protein, but you can sure as hell work up to that much in a sitting. Start at 25-30, and every week add another 5g of protein per meal. That's not even an ounce of meat. Soon enough, you will be able to consume more, and not feel all bloated and full. I mean, I cash like 12oz of steak and it does not do much to me at all. Two hours later, I'm doing it all over again. It's a vicious cycle...and an expensive one.

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Papa..Do you grill that steak or what...You must have alot of time on your hands..

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Cook a 2lb londan broil. Make it into 4---8 oz servings...there's 4 of my 7 meals. Takes 20 min. And I cook it at like 1-2am when I ain't got shit to do when I get home.

The other 3 are egg whites, shakes, and chicken. It's easy, 4 sleezy.

Billmister is offline Member
    this is what i do. i take 25 grams of protien drinks during the day like in between meals. but after my workout, since you just broke down mucles, you're body is in need of more protien then usual. that's when i would take a 45-50g of protien shake, 30 minutes after my workout. some people take glutamine 15 minutes after workout and protien 30 minutes after that so it can be absorbed better

Thread Information