Thread: Diet advice

m1cha3l is offline Banned

Diet advice

Is this diet sufficient for bulking i am keeping my fat and carb intake to a minimum due to my job being unactive is this right? would i put much fat on or muscle on with it? and can i expect to lost any fat with it? cardio is 2-3 times per week on cross trainer 45 mins per session.

1 Muesli CSC
    Egg whites P

2 Mixed protein shake P

3 Chicken Breast P
    Vegetables FC

4 Fish (tuna in sunflower oil) P
    5 Pre workout meal

Potatoe CSC
    Cottage cheese P
    Beans P
    * Workout - (simple carbohydrate consumed during or after workout gatoradex2) SC

6 Whey Protein P

7 Rump steak P

8 Turkey (helps you sleep) P

9 Casein Protein shake

anyone?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't know bro, that could be a lot of food, you didn't post calories, didn't mention your work out routine, and your cardio seems a little light. You could probably reduce your cardio duration from 45 minutes to maybe 30 minutes and add another day or two to your week. With cardio, you begin to see your maximum benefits in as little as twenty minutes a day. Beyond that, there is this thing called a diminishing marginal return, in that for each additional minute after the first 20, then say, the minute you put in at minute 25, would have a slighly less impact than the minute at minute 24. And the minute at 26 would have a slightly less impact than the one at 25. True, you are still burning calories. But if you could only budget 100 minutes a week for cardio, you'd be much better off with 5 x 20 minutes a day as compared to 3 x 33 minutes a day. And I'm not sure about the low carb thing for bulking up either. Low carbs is for cutting, not bulking.

[QUOTE=m1cha3l;
    9 Casein Protein shake[/QUOTE]

And i'm not wild about the casein either. it's like a time released version of protein. With all the protein you seem to be gulping down, a time release is pointless, imho. and casein has potential negative sides too, if you do the reading.

ok fair point il drop the casein and replace with usual
    in regards to calories i dont count them as i know that its around 3500 mark if that makes sense. might bump it up i only count the grams of protein and carbs etc havent with this diet but il count them up and let you know as for my routine it is posted in under a topic labelled what i have learnt
    thanks

n00bs is offline Member
    45 min On the cross trainer isn't really smart cadio There is far better conditioning work you cod be doing. What are you current 1rms and training like? Sand bagwork tabata , hit circuit work is far superior to crosstrainer for conditioning. 45 min on it is counteractive to the idea of bulking itself. It does nothing for your bmr . Cross trainer is useful when you are a monster then you will
    Burn more calories at rest then others do "exercising". Anyway let us known current training.

n00bs is offline Member
    Also get tuna In pure olive oil, you don't need to add extra omega 6 in the diet., it cN lead to inflamation

Quote Originally Posted by n00bs;****879
    45 min on it is counteractive to the idea of bulking itself.
    Nothing wrong with cardio imho. The only point I'd like to make would be don't get your legs tired or buning by running (for example) on a day you work out your legs. It could impede growth.

n00bs is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    Nothing wrong with cardio imho. The only point I'd like to make would be don't get your legs tired or buning by running (for example) on a day you work out your legs. It could impede growth.
    Yes I know I just started how ever there is better he can be doing. Depending on his effort he is doing catabolic exercise. Nothing is wrong with cardio 20 rep square work the cardiovascular system more then a walk for example, the word gets through around too much, aerobic training is a catabolic activity usually. He is wanting to bulk. Doing anerobic conditioning hit sprints for example provide far more then a cross trainer. Problem is people are generally lazy. Food is his friend so he will be recovering. Unless he is jacked there is better stuff formhim to be doig

ok guys i have updated the diet in a new thread with all protein and carb info thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bs View Post
    Yes I know I just started how ever there is better he can be doing. Depending on his effort he is doing catabolic exercise. Nothing is wrong with cardio 20 rep square work the cardiovascular system more then a walk for example, the word gets through around too much, aerobic training is a catabolic activity usually. He is wanting to bulk. Doing anerobic conditioning hit sprints for example provide far more then a cross trainer. Problem is people are generally lazy. Food is his friend so he will be recovering. Unless he is jacked there is better stuff formhim to be doig
    All true. And I agree with you. But you can kind of tell where he is at with his experience by looking at his cutting diet and him thinking he will bulk from it. I've seen alot of dudes start off gung ho, biting off more than they can handle in the long term, lose focus, get disappointed, then fall out. Like a flash in the pan, they are in and out in less than 6 months. I think I was trying to be more pragmatic, and suggest something he could ease into comfortably. I think with a lot of fellas, they start off, put in the big effort, and if they don't see the big result in three weeks, get dissapointed and quit. I was suggesting a little effort, and in three weeks, he would see a little result. My theory is, after three weeks, his little result would motivate him, and then if he wanted to put in the big effort, his body has been primed and is now more prepared to respond to it.

Either way, if OP has the focus and determination, then I 100% agree with you. And btw.... the walk/jog is more for an old bull like me.

n00bs is offline Member
    Yes sir I agree with you, but desire and determination are all that is required. If he does not possess them well it's time to take up seeing as he or anyone else will always have troubles.
    I suppose my line of thinking is if you don't give yourself the he's chance then move over for the next guy. Some people have determination will power and drive and those are the ones who will suceed. If no one sticks to it well that's one more less occupied barbell for the next fellow.
    All true. And I agree with you. But you can kind of tell where he is at with his experience by looking at his cutting diet and him thinking he will bulk from it. I've seen alot of dudes start off gung ho, biting off more than they can handle in the long term, lose focus, get disappointed, then fall out. Like a flash in the pan, they are in and out in less than 6 months. I think I was trying to be more pragmatic, and suggest something he could ease into comfortably. I think with a lot of fellas, they start off, put in the big effort, and if they don't see the big result in three weeks, get dissapointed and quit. I was suggesting a little effort, and in three weeks, he would see a little result. My theory is, after three weeks, his little result would motivate him, and then if he wanted to put in the big effort, his body has been primed and is now more prepared to respond to it.

Either way, if OP has the focus and determination, then I 100% agree with you. And btw.... the walk/jog is more for an old bull like me.

Some people have determination will power and drive and those are the ones who will suceed.
    Succeed at what? Showing? I think this guy is probably a newb and just needs to get in the swing of things. If our measurables are how we will place in show, then I've failed. Some of us are just going for the middle ground, trying to get some bulk, reduce BF, gain some muscularity, some vascularity.... My thinking is if a guy can stay motivated for X #of years, throw some heavy weight around, run a clean diet, do some cardio, improve size/strength, and look good in a T Shirt, then imho that IS a success! And I'd be willing to bet a dollar to a fat chic that probably would be pretty good for a simple majority of us in here.

But you may be on a different level than me. And that's OK. We are a mixed group in here... but I'm just trying to help out the newb.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Some of us are just going for the middle ground, trying to get some bulk, reduce BF, gain some muscularity, some vascularity....
    That would be me!

n00bs is offline Member
    Succeed at what? Showing? I think this guy is probably a newb and just needs to get in the swing of things. If our measurables are how we will place in show, then I've failed. Some of us are just going for the middle ground, trying to get some bulk, reduce BF, gain some muscularity, some vascularity.... My thinking is if a guy can stay motivated for X #of years, throw some heavy weight around, run a clean diet, do some cardio, improve size/strength, and look good in a T Shirt, then imho that IS a success! And I'd be willing to bet a dollar to a fat chic that probably would be pretty good for a simple majority of us in here.

But you may be on a different level than me. And that's OK. We are a mixed group in here... but I'm just trying to help out the newb.
    Sorry? I dont know what showing is?

Optimal health and nutrition is my goal.. Health happyness strength and a good body..

Probably the same as most people here... By show do you mean bodybuilding contest? I am not a bodybuilder.. I lift for strength and health, body composition is an added bonus..

By show do you mean bodybuilding contest? .
    yes.

Thread Information