MATTCARA is offline Junior Member

Diet, Any Easy Tips For A Single Guy?

HEY,

Can anyone give a single guy easy tips on cooking or not cooking for himself?

i am a typical guy, that lives alone and really dont like to cook.. i can hoestly say i dont know much about the kitchen( i was raise with an old fashion italian mother! need i say more)

anyway can some one turn me on to a good easy nutri system or book? i m trainin harder then ever and i want my food intake to be what it should'

any suggestions?

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I live on my own and have done so for 4 yrs and even when I have a g/f I will cook at least 80% of the time ( She reckons I cook better - I think its her excuse LOL).There,s no excuse not to cook!!

Get some recipe books or check out Tobeys recipes start out with something simple and build on it and before you know it you,ll have family and friends over and will be cooking for them.

Its all about confidence once you get used to finding your way around the kitchen you,ll be OK

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Billy is right

Cooking is not really all that hard. You just have to do it. A reciepe is like the directions of building a bike.(kinda) Just follow them and see what turns out. Sometimes they turn out great and somtimes they turn out just so,so. But have fun with it. Make every trip to the grocery store an exciting adventure into the world of exocite foods. It's really kinda neat.
    IC

primodonna is offline Female Member
    To add....cook in bulk as much as you can...then refrigerate (freeze depending) it all so you don't have to cook as often...makes things much easier

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Good point Primo I normally do that with things like Chilli cook more than you can eat cook some extra rice stick what you don,t eat into a tub and freeze it.You then have a meal you can re-heat in about 10mins!

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Let's use some REAL motivation . . .

I go with the others - the best solution is to learn how to do some cooking. Because if all you're living on is processed foods, snack foods, and restaurant take-out, you'll never have a successful diet.

So let this be the ultimate motivation: woven love guys who can cook. (And since you're in NYC, if you happen to be gay, even guys love guys who can cook.)

Seriously, bro, have you seen the TV commercial for Turning Leaf Chardonnay? It shows a guy cooking up salmon fillet to perfection - right down to the herbal garnish - as his girl friend arrives. It's a testimony to the true power of the heterosexual male in the kitchen - real style.

Not to mention that it's a hell of a lot more nutritious than anything you'll buy.

As for books, set yourself a goal in terms of daily calorie intake, balanced between carbs/fats/protein, etc. And score a copy of Corinne Netzler's The Complete Book of Food Counts, available in paperback at most bookstores. Measure your portions and keep a record of everything you eat - I guarantee that you'll lose weight.
    Last edited by TNT; 12-10-2001 at 01:29 AM.

THANKS IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU LIKE TO COOK... THAT'S WHAT I HAVE TO START DOING,, IT JUST SEEMS SO MUCH MORE WORK THEN ITS WORTH,,, BUT YOUR RIGHT TO EAT GOOD YOU NEED TO COOK!

OH WELL I BETTER BUY AN APRON,,,,LOL

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Now Guy's What did I tell YA!!!

Originally posted by TNT
    So let this be the ultimate motivation: woven love guys who can cook.
    Seriously, bro, have you seen the TV commercial for Turning Leaf Chardonnay? It shows a guy cooking up salmon fillet to perfection - right down to the herbal garnish - as his girl friend arrives. It's a testimony to the true power of the heterosexual male in the kitchen - real style.
    Remeber the post I made telling you guy's how much your girl would love a really good home cooked meal and what a really romantice candle lit dinner could do for your love life???
    And you guy's thought that I was making all that crap up?

IC

Just don't burn nothing. Nothing more un-romantic than a dirty stove and the scent of burnt food billowing through out the house.

FLY
    FLY is offline New Member
    I'm also single and always on the go. I try to cook most of my food early in the week so that it is out of the way and I can eat several different things throughout the week. One of the best things to do is cook several chicken breasts at one time. You can eat chicken with many different things and you should be eating a lot of chicken anyway. You can also make some different rice dishes or pasta dishes that you can mix chicken with. I also try to cook a few sweet potatos or some mashed potatos that I can have for lunch a couple days. Like Primo said, quantity is the key. Make enough that you wont have to cook as often, maybe just throw a few ingredients together from time to time that you already have pre-prepared in the fridge. Not to mention the female factor when a girl looks in your fridge and sees healthy food rather than just beer and ketchup. I meet girls all the time that can't cook and if they are over I can throw together an excellent Tai chicken & rice in a matter of a few minutes or some healthy chicken quesadillas to go with the beers we are drinking. Read the recipe forum for ideas.

DAMN. YOU MUST LIKE TO COOK...IM IMPRESSED

I LIKE WHAT YOU SAID, IT MAKES SENSE,, SO I GUESS ILL DO BULK COOKING ...

PEACE,

Thread Information