Brown_Bear73 is offline New Member

Cardio Vs. Low Carb

I have read in several articles that when you are on a low carb diet cardio is not encouraged because you will loose water weight and muscle mass. A normal weight routine will burn those carbs and continue to burn fat throughout the day. I have always thought that low carb and cardio was the best way to loose fat, but this article has gotten me confused. Any information would be greatly appreciated, because I am looking to start my cutting phase this summer. Thanks in advance

Da Bear

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    If you don't have proper amounts of protein in your diet then yes you do run more of a risk burning muscle while doing cardio on low carb diets. But if your low carb diet looks good with the other macros then cardio is great and essential to add in. Anyone can write an article about anything and some other idiot will publish it. Don't beleive everything you read, no matter who it is by (even me).

Pain

chinups Guest

Pain

Pain-I keep a real strict diet but I can't lie I sometimes get cravings and hit the carbs (last night I had half slice whole wheat and PB) but I walk 3 miles a day for week , cardio 3x week (high intensity) and work out 4 x a wk. Should I worry about things like that and should I lower my brown rice and veggies. I just always thought that some carbs are really good?

Chins

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Cheating is fine, gets the metabolism back up and running. Don't think that because I give tons of advice I don't cheat. I am sure I actually cheat worse than anyone on the board. I love food and that gets really hard sometimes. Don't sweat the little things as long as you don't do it all the time not much to worry about, we are worried about the big picture, this isn't a 10 day fix it is a lifestyle, if you are not getting ready for a show or something like that there is nothing to worry about.

Keightly is offline Junior Member
    Dont believe anything you read, all you should do is have a base plan. for me if i want to be shredded, low carb, low fat, high protien with 2 cheat meals a week and cardio is the way for me. if i want to maintain and not be sick sick shredded, then i do moderate carbs, high protien, low fat 2 cheat meals a week and cardio when i feel like it but a minimum of 3 times a week. if i want to gain, which only never do and only have when i started and didnt relize that to me big isnt in i up the carbs, keep the fat low, take creatine, glutimine and high protien. for me thast a prefect base plan. I do read stuff on here, an magazines but i just read it think about it for a sec or 2, and forget about it. i used to listen to that shit and try it, all u'll end up doing is messing ur self up. the bottom line is to be cut lower everything and make adjustments that fit u, beng cut is not easy so when i say adjustments i dont mean were u feel comfortable i mean were its tolerable. deff get on some tyoe of ephedrine. its the only way!

Thread Information