Cupid is offline Junior Member

Macros On vs. Off Cycle

Hi,

I would like to get an idea from some people who have experimented with the numbers and have experience in this regard.
    Eliminating the thought process of needing to get in as much food as possible and stuffing your face while on cycle.....I am talking about a lean bulk here.
    Should a person have a higher set of macros when bulking on cycle as opposed to natural?

Let's say for example someone who is bulking naturally needs to eat 250p 300c 60f (2740 calories) to be +500 calories TDEE and have a nice lean bulk.
    If said person went on cycle (something light, nothing crazy....i.e. 500mg Test/week) how much, if at all, would you increase their macros to still be lean bulking?

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Hi,

I would like to get an idea from some people who have experimented with the numbers and have experience in this regard.
    Eliminating the thought process of needing to get in as much food as possible and stuffing your face while on cycle.....I am talking about a lean bulk here.
    Should a person have a higher set of macros when bulking on cycle as opposed to natural?

Let's say for example someone who is bulking naturally needs to eat 250p 300c 60f (2740 calories) to be +500 calories TDEE and have a nice lean bulk.
    If said person went on cycle (something light, nothing crazy....i.e. 500mg Test/week) how much, if at all, would you increase their macros to still be lean bulking?
    I would say this is where knowing your body and diet comes in handy. Push the calories up until your body fat starts to rise. If your gaining weight and staying lean, try increasing them more. I don't like flat answers of 500 calories or 800 calories above maintenance. Seems random. I prefer to see how my body reacts on a weekly or biweekly basis and adjust from there.

Thread Information