Tayman is offline Junior Member

Talking Strange Shedule; Need help

Ok, here is the problem.

I work a night schedule (9:00pm-5:00am; straight shift) and I work out in the morning once I get off of work. I have a microwave, fridge, coffee maker with instant hot water, and water cooler at the job. I can eat at anytime because I am the only one on my floor...

I have read a good bit about nutrition, and I would like to get a good diet going that I can stick to. I am definetly in a cutting phase.

Here are the things that I can eat/make without a problem at work:
    protein shakes
    tuna (straight out of the can; mmmmm)
    oatmeal

Anything else I eat has to made beforehand.

I usually get up around 3:00-4:00pm.

Should I?
    Wake up 3:00pm
    Run sprints/distance on an empty stomach for 30-45 minutes
    Eat: (4:00pm)
    oatmeal
    protein shake
    multivitamin
    ?????

Everything after that is a pretty big question mark. My main concern is this....After I workout, I usually go to sleep shortly after. But, I know you should eat your largest meal after you workout. But, you shouldn't eat a lot of carbs before going to bed...Any help would be appreciated.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Mids suck! I am on them right now too. I do the same thing as you - workout after work at about 0600. And then I go to sleep at about 1100. But I am about to switch off what I like to call, The Vampire Shift! Moving on to swings

You need carbs post workout, period. It triggers insulin which will help stop the muscle catabolism post workout. Believe it or not your body likes to break itself down before building back up. The more you can limit the break down part the better off you'll be... more net gains.

Ideally... have a carb/protein rich meal (or MRP type sup) within 45-60 minutes after training... and then a protein/fat meal within an hour or two after that. Then go try and catch some zzzzzz's...

Tayman is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Mids suck! I am on them right now too. I do the same thing as you - workout after work at about 0600. And then I go to sleep at about 1100. But I am about to switch off what I like to call, The Vampire Shift! Moving on to swings

You need carbs post workout, period. It triggers insulin which will help stop the muscle catabolism post workout. Believe it or not your body likes to break itself down before building back up. The more you can limit the break down part the better off you'll be... more net gains.

Ideally... have a carb/protein rich meal (or MRP type sup) within 45-60 minutes after training... and then a protein/fat meal within an hour or two after that. Then go try and catch some zzzzzz's...
    So it will be ok to eat the protein/fat meal before going to sleep?

What about the time I am at work?

What do you suggest I eat?
    I'm 5'6 196lbs (not sure about body fat, but I can't see my abs)
    It was suggested that I eat about 2700 calories a day or so..
    Trying to do all of this at work really sucks..

Thread Information