D-Dubs is offline New Member

Meal after cardio

How long should one wait after morning cardio on an empty stomach?

thank you

KeyMastur is offline VET
    After any cardio I down a post workout shake. An hour later I eat a meal rich in carbs & protein.

BrownBomber is offline Member
    DD,

I was always told to wait an hour after any cardio because your body is still burning fat for fuel after you stop. It just doesnt stop automatically.

I would love to hear more on this though......

BB

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    BB, you are talking about "riding the wave of lipolysis", and yes you can do that. I'd do it for about 1/2 hour then eat, if you are to have a carb/protein meal. If you are eating fat/protein, then you can eat earlier (5-15 mins) as you won't be elevating insulin (sign of a release of sugars in the blood) thus blunting the fat burning effects.

~SC~

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    $hit..just when i start doing cardio on an empty stomach and eating rite after i learn something new...you guys are killin me.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    $hit..just when i start doing cardio on an empty stomach and eating rite after i learn something new...you guys are killin me.
    well you want to learn some more new ****, i'd follow swole around and read what he has to say. he knows his shiznit.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    well you want to learn some more new ****, i'd follow swole around and read what he has to say. he knows his shiznit.
    this much i know..im probably gonna do swole genix once i get me some cash after the new year

Sculpter is offline New Member
    I think the info here is great but I have a question to add, if it's alright. What sort of GI carbs and amounts should we be looking at. I'd assume low GI carbs an hour after cardio but the amount is whats getting me.

Also would you go high GI carbs after weight training to increase insulin levels and thus muscle gain?

S

Quote Originally Posted by Sculpter
    I think the info here is great but I have a question to add, if it's alright. What sort of GI carbs and amounts should we be looking at. I'd assume low GI carbs an hour after cardio but the amount is whats getting me.

Also would you go high GI carbs after weight training to increase insulin levels and thus muscle gain?

S
    to answer your second question...yes you want to restore muscle glycogen and the best way to do this is by spiking insulin and ingesting a fast acting protein...as for question number one i usually have my normal breakfast after cardio of Oats, egg whites, all bran, and fat free cheese.

Thread Information