scroach is offline New Member

a couple questions....

Ok first off ... Im 5'10 and weigh 190 i think i am around 20% bf, 19 years old . i have been lifting for about a year and have made gains. but i really need to lose body fat. im having some problems tho and am looking for advise..... For one thing i cant eat vegetables, at all ive tried and cant choke them down i dont know why ... so i was wandering if someone could help me with a good diet? thanx alot

rambo is offline The Lord God
    I believe the number of threads like this one is approaching the exact number of 90 bajillion, to be exact. Look around first.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scroach
    Ok first off ... Im 5'10 and weigh 190 i think i am around 20% bf, 19 years old . i have been lifting for about a year and have made gains. but i really need to lose body fat. im having some problems tho and am looking for advise..... For one thing i cant eat vegetables, at all ive tried and cant choke them down i dont know why ... so i was wandering if someone could help me with a good diet? thanx alot
    You might be a good candidate for a low carb diet. Have you done any research on this?

Also, what are you doing for cardio?

Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    You might be a good candidate for a low carb diet. Have you done any research on this?

Also, what are you doing for cardio?
    Thanx for the reply.... no i havent researched the low carb diet at all.... but i am running for 20 minutes a night right now but plan to run a little more what do u suggest?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    First off, try giving us some more detailed info about yourself, also how about posting what your current diet looks like. Other than that do some looking around here, plenty of good info already posted. We'll be glad to help ya out but just do these things first.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Runnin' ain't gonna do it, and not at night, and not for 20 mins. That's only the cardio portion that is off as of now, we still have to tackle the dietary portion which is by far the most important.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Runnin' ain't gonna do it, and not at night, and not for 20 mins. That's only the cardio portion that is off as of now, we still have to tackle the dietary portion which is by far the most important.

~SC~
    Ok, my diet is pretty much chicken rice oatmeal and tuna i eat a potato every now and then and im not sure what to do about cardio besides running???

If your goal is to lose bodyfat, your food intake would not be indicative of oatmeal, rice, potatoes. Chicken/tuna are okay, but you've way too many carbs in here. (Can and usually leads to one losing just as much lean mass as he/she does fat, if your healthy dietary fats are not increased while sugars (carbs) are decreased).

Cardio a.m. for 40-45 mins at 65-75% of max heart rate is best for fat burning purposes.

~SC~

Thanx for the reply.... no i havent researched the low carb diet at all.... but i am running for 20 minutes a night right now but plan to run a little more what do u suggest?
    You will want to increase your cardio. Personally, I try to do 45 min 6 days a week. Your best bet is to try to shoot for 65-75 percent of your taget heard rate.

thanx alot for the advice,

ok so i got a diet planned and want you to critique

morning-45 minutes of cardio on an empty stomache
    meal 1- 3 eggwhites
    meal 2- chiken or tuna
    meal 3- chicken or tuna
    lots of water
    then lift after dinner and maybe a lil cardio

how does that sound??

meal 1- 3 eggwhites
    meal 2- chiken or tuna
    meal 3- chicken or tuna
    lots of water

how does that sound??
    Sounds good to me, but you should suppliment with a high potency multi vitaman (higher potency then centrum). You also need to come up with a plan on what to do if after all your planning you should get hungry in between meals. You and it seems lots of guys here have come up with these intricate meal plans. In the real world I wonder how many stick to them for very long.In your case I think you might get bored and hungry very fast.

Personally I would get pretty bored eating only chicken, tuna and egg whites, but if you can do it, it will work. Also there is very little fat in your diet and you might want to consider whole eggs. Hey, its up to you.

Rather than saitting around planning details, why not start with this and then begin adjusting it as you work toward your goal? It's a pretty good starting point.

meal 1- 3 eggwhites
    meal 2- chiken or tuna
    meal 3- chicken or tuna
    lots of water

how does that sound??
    It sounds to me like you are going to lose whatever lean mass you have, and appear as a skinny 10 year old basketball player if you eat like this. Not only that, doing cardio after dinner is a most horrid idea. Where in the blue hell is your FOOD??????????? Portions? Fats are not even listed, no quicker way to lose lean mass than this. Read, do some searches, you have a lot to improve on seriously, or you're going to be hating life.

~SC~

dIeSeL_225 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Not only that, doing cardio after dinner is a most horrid idea.

~SC~
    Swole, can u explain why doing cardio at night or after training is so horrible, does it lead to a catabolic effects? by the way I've been doing morning cardio on a emtpy stomach for a week, its has been the best result I have ever seen.

Sorry, I missed where you said lifting then cardio, I thought you just had dinner and cardio a bit later. That was where my comment was directed..........

Even cardio after training, well that's okay, provided you cannot do it a.m. You also don't want to do it right after you eat and workout, as surely you won't be able to tap into fat stores that quickly even though you have depleted glycogen stores by the anaerobic weights. You'll still have food in the gut, and you'll burn those calories instead of stored bodyfat. Now, if you had a protein/flax oil shake, then 1.5 hours later or so hit weights and cardio, cardio would be a bit more productive for fat loss efforts.

Morning sessions are quicker as you give yourself a fat burning session, elevated metabolism over the course of the ENTIRE day, and you then have the anabolism portion of your "ideal" program at night, w/weights, pwo nutrition in two different distinct forms, then rest and recovery before beginning the pattern once again the next day.

swole, can you modify my planned diet a little then to what you think would make it better? thanks bro

Check out the other threads as I mentioned, there are samplings there you can look over and prepare a plan of attack for yourself. You want to include more meals during the day, and have your fats in there as well, you need those if you are low carbing for the most part. I'm sure your final piece can be critiqued here by the fellaz.

~SC~

Thread Information