kingofthedt is offline New Member

Just Got Bad News

I'm 29 and just tested. My total testosterone is 191, way below the reference range of 280-800. Free testosterone was 6.8 (reference range: 9.3-26.5).

The fatigue is the worst part. It's gotten so bad that in the last few months I find it difficult to make it through the day without 10 hours of sleep and even then I'm still fatigued. I have the usual sexual symptoms as well.

In the gym, I struggle to put on mass and if I do, it's very difficult to maintain. With bellyfat, of course it's the other way around. I'm 6ft and 180.

These symptoms can really build up insidiously (like a frog in water), making it hard to notice until one day you sit back and realize how far you've departed from how it used to be. I had that epiphany recently and asked my doctor to test my blood on a hunch.

Boy, did I get the news.

I have another appointment next week. My doctor wants to do more tests and then put me on TRT. Will this be a life long thing for me? Should I insist on patches or injections and at what dosage?

Confused and disappointed and could use some encouragement. Thanks guys.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I would go with injects. Your doctor will do blood test until you two find a good dosage where you feel normal again.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

WDMF is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofthedt View Post
    I'm 29 and just tested. My total testosterone is 191, way below the reference range of 280-800. Free testosterone was 6.8 (reference range: 9.3-26.5).

The fatigue is the worst part. It's gotten so bad that in the last few months I find it difficult to make it through the day without 10 hours of sleep and even then I'm still fatigued. I have the usual sexual symptoms as well.

In the gym, I struggle to put on mass and if I do, it's very difficult to maintain. With bellyfat, of course it's the other way around. I'm 6ft and 180.

These symptoms can really build up insidiously (like a frog in water), making it hard to notice until one day you sit back and realize how far you've departed from how it used to be. I had that epiphany recently and asked my doctor to test my blood on a hunch.

Boy, did I get the news.

I have another appointment next week. My doctor wants to do more tests and then put me on TRT. Will this be a life long thing for me? Should I insist on patches or injections and at what dosage?

Confused and disappointed and could use some encouragement. Thanks guys.
    What's the bad news? You finally took some action and found the reason for your fatigue. Now your on your way to living a better life.

Alloy is offline Junior Member
    What bad news are you talking about? Is it the news that your Test is not where it needs to be and that you're going to feeling well again very soon?

Don't look at it like it's rotten news, view it as a gift! You made a discovery and now you've taken steps to address the issue. Androgel may work for some ppl, but most of us here will tell you otherwise. I was on it for about 2 months and unless I put it on in a spot we won't mention since the skin is most thin there, it didn't do shit for me. When it did work which was minor improvement, it really opened my eyes to what feeling "normal" was like. Push for the shots, you'll get used to it and you'll feel much better in the long run.

Also don't get all down on yourself because your numbers came in low. The biggest mistake a Doc will make is looking at a number a determine if you're well or not. When treatment does arrive, listen to your body and take notes on how you feel. Better days are on the way I promise you, just hang in there for a bit longer!

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You're about to get your hormones in line. This is good news. You may have to take an injection once a week for a long time but that is better than having the host of problems you mentioned for a long time.

Thanks for your perspectives, guys. You're right that I can take heart in the fact that I now know what's up and can take action to improve my situation. Still, considering that I just found out today, it's pretty deflating to be told that my equipment isn't doing its job. It almost feels like an indictment of my masculinity, in a superficial way at least. The prospect of having to take testosterone for the rest of my days is not a happy thought either, but I guess that's the lot I drew. We'll see.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for your perspectives, guys. You're right that I can take heart in the fact that I now know what's up and can take action to improve my situation. Still, considering that I just found out today, it's pretty deflating to be told that my equipment isn't doing its job. It almost feels like an indictment of my masculinity, in a superficial way at least. The prospect of having to take testosterone for the rest of my days is not a happy thought either, but I guess that's the lot I drew. We'll see.
    Trust me, my level was 190 and i have been on over a year. I feel much better, sex it great, strong as hell in the gym, and the belly fat started going after just a couple weeks.
    I would go with the injects and do it every week so you have stable levels.
    I don't look at it like an indictment of my masculinity at all. If anything you feel much more masculine.
    Good luck man.

Thanks, Thorsz. How much are you injecting each week? And which compound? Has your prescription always been the same or were there adjustments?

Vettester is offline Banned
    King, my last total when I crashed was 195, so about the same as yours. I'm on 200mg of Test Cyp every week, and my levels are in the 800's. It's like a new lease on life! 200mg works for me, others like 150mg, etc., but hopefully your doctor won't do any of this 1 per month stuff like some try to do, and avoid the gel if at all possible. Also, have the doctor discuss some anti estrogen options if needed.

Good luck ... It will be a blessing, you'll see!

Is there the option of injecting natural testosterone rather than synthetic equivalents?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    king....welcome...glad you got a doc and figured out what all of us have....you will be injecting synthetic test and get this....its made of soy bean and yams!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (ref. MERC)

best of luck

Well today I just feel awful, and I'm irritable as hell. I went to the gym and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. My arms looked puny and I swear they have actually shrunk. Then I figured why the hell am I even bothering to lift! I don't have enough testosterone to build muscle in the first place. Still, I soldiered on and started my back routine. I started doing wide grip pull ups. A few years ago, I used to be able to bang out 10 or 12. Today I struggled with 5. So I said to hell with this shit and left.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Well today I just feel awful, and I'm irritable as hell. I went to the gym and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. My arms looked puny and I swear they have actually shrunk. Then I figured why the hell am I even bothering to lift! I don't have enough testosterone to build muscle in the first place. Still, I soldiered on and started my back routine. I started doing wide grip pull ups. A few years ago, I used to be able to bang out 10 or 12. Today I struggled with 5. So I said to hell with this shit and left.
    bro...sorry to hear...we've all been there....do what you can now and youre gonna be amazed when you get your meds

Spyke is offline Associate Member
    If your doc doesnt have you injection every week or more ( I started injecting2x per week, splitting the dose) the run and find a new doc....... Probably looking at 150mg of cyp per week for you.......

Thread Information