moe-t is offline New Member

Clear Indicator...

Hey bros, help me decipher if this is a clear indicator that I need a new doc. I go in for bloodwork this morning. After doing research and listening to the feedback some of you have given me, I came up with what I thought would be a good panel. Here it is;

CBC
    Free Test
    Total Test
    DHEA Sulfate
    LH
    Estradiol
    A1C
    IGF-1
    TSH
    T4 Free
    T3 Free
    SHBG
    Trigly
    LDL
    HDL
    Choles
    Homocysteine

After going down my list he was ok with all requests except 4 of them. Can you believe he said that the DHEA, LH, Estradiol, and Homocysteine panels were pointless. His only elaboration came with the Estradiol exam. He said we all have female hormones. My response was..."some more than others". In a nutshell, I was able to convince him to test for it. I don't understand why he was so reluctant to order it.

p.s. I'll have results on Friday. I'll post bw and my stats then. I'll be looking for y'alls help to start a protocol.

durak is offline Member
    lol... what an idiot. high levels of estradiol in men increase the risk of cardiac and prostate problems. For that reason alone all men should have it in included in their bloodwork.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Yup...use him till u find a normal human being but he signed off on it so get the bloodwork that you WANT and YOURE paying for....FVCKING pisses me off that we need a doctor to determine wut i/we want checked...give him a stool sample when you say good bye

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    Yup...use him till u find a normal human being but he signed off on it so get the bloodwork that you WANT and YOURE paying for....FVCKING pisses me off that we need a doctor to determine wut i/we want checked...give him a stool sample when you say good bye
    Exactly. The doc should have no reservation about testing for anything you want checked, especially if you're looking at hormone imbalance issues as primary for the visit, anyways. It's not like it's going to hurt you or bother him if the test for those things. For some docs, it's about the power and control. Problem for me -- I'm the same way. I control my medical and health care plan. Period. Find a doc that respects your wishes and is willing to act as a consultant in your health care plan, not the dictator.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Agree with the others. I wonder why that fool thinks the LH score isn't worth looking at. To me, that's one of the main areas to check when a guy is having low "T" symptoms.

It's no damn wonder people go postal. You won't believe this mess bros! I get my results back today. I'm telling you it's a complete F#)*ing panel like I requested with the exception of my T levels...LH, and IGF-1. The bastard even test for estradiol but no testosterone ! WTF? I apologize to be going off, but I gather its better to do it on here rather than to storm in my docs office and wind up taking a backseat ride with one of my buddies in uniform. I'm beside myself. I can't even think straight, I'm so damn mad. As soon as I cool off a bit I'll post the other results with my stats.

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    LOL! Outstanding!! WHAT a fecking joke. Time to take change, dude. TELL him how things are going to proceed. New blood work with a full panel of all the stuff you need to make your own decision about what to do next. Tell him if he has a problem with your plan then you'll find another doc.

And try really hard not to kick him in the nuts.

You're dealing with a stooge. Your doc is more in tune to probably give his patients anti-depressants when they start complaining like you do. He's not used to actually finding the root of your problem and treating it specifically.

Grab it by the horns. If he won't do the job you got to find someone who will.

update

Hey bros, here are my stats and bw.

Age 39
    6'0"
    328 lbs
    28% BF
    Cardio 4 x week 2-3 miles each.
    What I eat is pretty healthy. Lots of veggies/fruit. Lean meat. no soft drinks unless diet. sweet tea is a vice. Portion sizes is what's killing me. I can eat a pound-2 pounds of chicken/lean beef and a huge salad with a couple of pieces of fruit to finish it off.

Test, Serum 170 ng/dL

Estradiol 27.1 pg/mL

A1C 8.7% (I know this is high)

PSA 0.9 ng (I think that's exceptionally good)

Homocysteine Plasma 9.4 umol/L

CBC
    WBC 8.0 x10E3/uL

RBC 5.86 x10E6/uL

Hemoglobin 17.6H g/L

Platelets 204 x10E3/uL

Creatine, Serum 0.74L mg/dL

BUN/Creatine Ratio 16

Protein, Total, Serum 6.7 g/dL

Cholesterol, Total 144 mg/dL

HDL 41

VLDL 32

LDL 71

Triglycerides 160H mg/dL

Thyroxine(T4) 6.9 ug/dL

TSH 1.8 uIU/mL

T4, Free(Direct) 1.16 ng/dL

I understand most of it, I guess. I'm not even gonna fool with the bafoon I've got for a Dr. based on my #'s what's the best protocol that I could/should start with. I'm asking for y'alls advice bro. Thanks for your help, input, advice, and opinion.

bowers32 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moe-t View Post
    Hey bros, here are my stats and bw.

Age 39
    6'0"
    328 lbs
    28% BF
    Cardio 4 x week 2-3 miles each.
    What I eat is pretty healthy. Lots of veggies/fruit. Lean meat. no soft drinks unless diet. sweet tea is a vice. Portion sizes is what's killing me. I can eat a pound-2 pounds of chicken/lean beef and a huge salad with a couple of pieces of fruit to finish it off.

Test, Serum 170 ng/dL

Estradiol 27.1 pg/mL

A1C 8.7% (I know this is high)

PSA 0.9 ng (I think that's exceptionally good)

Homocysteine Plasma 9.4 umol/L

CBC
    WBC 8.0 x10E3/uL

RBC 5.86 x10E6/uL

Hemoglobin 17.6H g/L

Platelets 204 x10E3/uL

Creatine, Serum 0.74L mg/dL

BUN/Creatine Ratio 16

Protein, Total, Serum 6.7 g/dL

Cholesterol, Total 144 mg/dL

HDL 41

VLDL 32

LDL 71

Triglycerides 160H mg/dL

Thyroxine(T4) 6.9 ug/dL

TSH 1.8 uIU/mL

T4, Free(Direct) 1.16 ng/dL

I understand most of it, I guess. I'm not even gonna fool with the bafoon I've got for a Dr. based on my #'s what's the best protocol that I could/should start with. I'm asking for y'alls advice bro. Thanks for your help, input, advice, and opinion.

Dude you must be a freaking beast to be 6 feet and 328 on only 28% body fat and a cholestrol level of 144 and you estrogen is pretty low at 27.... I know 28% is considered high but for 328 lbs that is amazing...

triglycerides high...

total test LOW

estradiol perfect...bout the same numbers i started with....

i think a low dose of test would do you well and keep up your workouts and try to replace some of the large portions with more veggies...slowly..just lose 1-2 lbs a week...BEST way to do it....
    i was 290...lost 40 on my own then got stuck even though diet/exercise was tight...found i was low-T and got on TRT and bingo....got down to 215 at 13/14%.....

like i said....i recommend a low dose of T 100-150mg ew shots and get bloodwork to see where youre at and check estradiol again BIG IMPORTANTANCE...if it goes over 45/50...u may want to get on a low dose of arimidex ...

i'll leave for some more O's

best of luck to you Mo

/////////////////
    Last edited by zaggahamma; 05-12-2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: double post

Your RBC looks to be a little high. You should discuss this a little further with your doctor (IMO) before bumping up any testosterone .

As jpkman mentioned, your E2 is spot on!

Fellas, y'all might not remember so I'll try to refresh your memory. I knew my t levels were low. Doc prescribed gel 2x day. Worked pretty good for 3 months then I hit a wall. Friend of mine turns me onto Sust 250 1mg/wk. I did that for 5 weeks. I started feeling pretty good by week 3. Week 4/5 rolls around and I'm swelling like a b!^ch in heat. I'm holding water so bad, BP is up and word is...."watch out for gyno". All of that took place exactly 4 weeks ago. So, from the last time I pinned myself to the time I had bloodwork done again was 3 weeks. How does the Sust 250 fit into my protocol or does it? I got an appt. with another doc on Mon. This one looks favorable as her receptionist gave up some "key" words such as, "Do you inject or use a topical?"...Lead me to believe we might be heading in the right direction. Gimme some feedback on what y'all think about the Sust 250. Thanks bros.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Your RBC looks to be a little high. You should discuss this a little further with your doctor (IMO) before bumping up any testosterone .

As jpkman mentioned, your E2 is spot on!
    vette, I know that there could be a number of reasons why rbc is up, but how does T play a factor? Thanks for the insight.

I apologize for bombarding y'all with questions. I figure that picking y'alls brain and reading is the best education. Anyhow, if my e2 levels were on target then what do I need to look at as to why I held water so badly and swelled a few weeks ago. Is it possible that my e2 levels could have dropped that much over the 3 week period between the last pin and the BW?

Thread Information